• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Eagle Rare 10yr. As pak1351 said, it is great for the price. I can get it for $26.00.

Yesterday I had some pappy van winkle 15 and today I had some rock hills farm. Two of the best IMHO

Drank some Aberfeldly 12 with a Dewars's White fan. Knocked me on my ass after not drinking for 35 days. Lol

Last night ended up digging around and saw a nice shiny bottle of Highland Park 18. I hadn't had this in a long time. I remember it being really good but, last night it was REALLY good. So flavorfull and silky smooth. I had 2 drams and had to restrain myself from getting carried away.

This was one of my staples when I started drinking scotch. Way back in 2005 this bottle could be had for around $55 at that price i went through 4-5 bottles a year. Then the pricing went to 65/85/100 over the coming years and I ended up buying less and less. I will tell you even at $99 this is a must have. Lucky that I still have a few bottles in the cabinet. :)

Top notch stuff that will not disapoint.

This weekend, a little Treaty Oak rum, followed by some Woodford Reserve, and ending with Buffalo Trace.

Sipping Laphroaig 10 CS right now. I enjoy it a ton more than I did when I first got the bottle 4 years ago, but I'm not crazy about it. We'll try it again tomorrow night and see how it goes down then.

Sipping Laphroaig 10 CS right now. I enjoy it a ton more than I did when I first got the bottle 4 years ago, but I'm not crazy about it. We'll try it again tomorrow night and see how it goes down then.

Khari, This is one of my all time favorites. It is defintitely a unique flavor and can take some time to adapt too. I will tell you, at least for me, Once it grabs you it really grabs you.

Play around with the water content. Add it to a point that you enjoy then gradually start using less and less water till you find your sweet spot.

For me in the winter months sitting by the fire place with some Laphroaig CS and a good book is tough to beat.

Scored a bottle of Glen Moray 16yo, a lovely drop with the typical Speyside Sherry sweetness.

Khari, This is one of my all time favorites. It is defintitely a unique flavor and can take some time to adapt too. I will tell you, at least for me, Once it grabs you it really grabs you.

Play around with the water content. Add it to a point that you enjoy then gradually start using less and less water till you find your sweet spot.

For me in the winter months sitting by the fire place with some Laphroaig CS and a good book is tough to beat.

As a rule I don't add water to whisk(e)y, but I'm willing to give it a try. Let you know how it goes!

I tend to agree with you but feel that certain cask strength whiskey's can really benefit from a little water. I believe that the Laphroaig CS is one. I usually put a teaspoon or so's worth per 1.5-2oz and still get plenty of flavor and fire.

Interesting point on this is that during prohibition the Laph CS was readily available in Drug stores throughout the US for medicinal purposes as it was deemed to unpleasant to use for recreational drinking. :thumbs: So you are not alone.

I recall a review on you tube from Ralfy on the Laph CS and I remember a phrase he used to explain it. Basically "this is a whiskey that you would serve to your best friend or your worst enemy" referring to the pre and post water addition. Add a little and see what you think. Can't hurt.

I went and hunted it down it is a pretty good review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pFRhHBsnH0

A friend of mine took me on a small bender yesterday afternoon. Steaks and a run through his liquor cabinet. We started with a cognac that I can't identify. French, ocean matured, tall clear glass bottle. Followed up by a Bushmill's (decent, surprisingly smooth) then we got into the Scotch. Balvenie 10 and 17, wow what a difference between the two. I think I know what people mean when they talk about a peat flavor after the 17. Not overpowering but definitely a flavor I wasn't used too. We finished with a couple of glasses of Glenmorangie 10 yr. that seemed like a nice middle ground amongst all the flavors. I can't remember which one had a more oak flavor to it, but they were all tasty.
They went down well with some Davidoff Gran Cru #3.

A friend of mine took me on a small bender yesterday afternoon. Steaks and a run through his liquor cabinet. We started with a cognac that I can't identify. French, ocean matured, tall clear glass bottle. Followed up by a Bushmill's (decent, surprisingly smooth) then we got into the Scotch. Balvenie 10 and 17, wow what a difference between the two. I think I know what people mean when they talk about a peat flavor after the 17. Not overpowering but definitely a flavor I wasn't used too. We finished with a couple of glasses of Glenmorangie 10 yr. that seemed like a nice middle ground amongst all the flavors. I can't remember which one had a more oak flavor to it, but they were all tasty.
They went down well with some Davidoff Gran Cru #3.

Sounds like a great way to spend a day eating steak, drinking and great smoke with a friend. The Cognac sounsd like it was probably a Pierre Ferrand. Good stuff.

It was a great introduction to those spirits, and nice to be able to try scotchs side by side. Ferrand might be it... it looks right, I just can't remember the name.

My guy at Spec's was able to get me my second bottle of George T. Stagg from this year's allotment, so . . . that's what I'm drinking! :love:

It's been tough to get down here at the end of the highway. Last year, I got the ONLY case to make it here. This year I got one bottle from Spec's, one from my local. Two years ago? I got two full cases from the local, and they still had some on the shelf.

~Boar

Palm Ridge Reserve manhattan. One of my favorite whiskeys, made here in Florida.

Last night was Whipper Snapper (this stuff is gross), and B.T. Single Oak Project, Barrel #152 (was awesome). Will be getting into the Sazerac 18 from '11 this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.