• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today? 2013

Had a bowl of Mississippi River in one of my Cobs this morning. Haven't had too much time to smoke this past week. Been carrying the same two cigars for about 3 days without an opportunity to light up, so a pipe has been much more convenient.

C&D Exhausted Rooster jarred in 09. What a nose upon cracking! Loaded the Stanwell on this clear, cool evening - heavens above!

GLP Embarcadero.  Wow!  If you love VA and haven't tried this one yet, do it.  Such a great smoke.

Been on a burley kick lately. Started smoking through my stash of Uhles Perfection Plug, but then popped open some Wessex Burley Slice, for something a bit stronger.

Got some samples of the upcoming re-release of Dunhill's Durbar and Aperitif and had a bowl of each so far. I haven't had the opportunity to smoke either before, but these new releases are good stuff for sure!

With the release of the 2014 Christmas Cheer, I dug out what I had left from last year's offering. I didn't fall in love with this one when I cracked it open last year, and I still have the better part of the tin left. I'll do my best to finish off the tin, but I may have to break my own rule and open the next one before this one is gone. 

Heres hoping this year's offering is better.

Enjoying a bowl of C&D Three Friars from '12 as the cooler fall nights set in.  This is the first I've had of it and it is a really enjoyable blend so far.  The burley is just the right amount, not too sour and lends a great caramel-type aroma to the room note.  The Virginia shines, and the perique adds just the perfect amount of spice on the nose and palate.   

Worthy of an all day smoke IMO.

Last night, I had a bowl of Capstan blue in a Ferndown I had just finished cleaning up.  Such a sweet pipe!  Amazing smoker.

CD9AE385-2037-4DA3-A807-307536E42A45_zpsm8e3awei.jpg

I packed the GBD with '09 McConnell Scottish Cake. What a VaPer!

I cracked the "Deep Cellar" and pulled some '08 Peretti Cambridge Flake into the light. Wow, best I've pulled out of the slightly mysterious collection of pipe tobacco I, at one time, decided needed Deep Time. Sometimes the result is Deep Doodoo. Not this time. Great English Flake!!

The cold weather put me in the mood for something sweet, so I craked open an old jar of G&H Lousiana Flake. I just love this stuff.

I dried some C&D Exhausted Rooster overnight. Wonderful! Now that the dry weather is here I'll be drying some more baccy to enjoy.

I've been smoking some Samuel Gawith Special Flake #5 lately and must say, I'm digging the floral Lakeland scenting. I tried Grousmoor Plug awhile ago and couldn't stand it, but maybe my tastes have changed.

Finishing off the last of my AC Peterson Escudo. A little bummed because I haven't heard good things about the new STG verision.

Been trying to get out there and smoke some more Three Friars but just haven't been able to find the time.  Makes sense with a new baby and heading back to work.  But I'll get 'er done soon enough!  Its looking like tonight might work out for me.

C&D Exhausted Rooster while watching the Eagles kick the crap out of Dallas. :p

Added a tin of SG Winter Time Flake to my last order. I wasn't expecting much, but I have really enjoyed it so far. Not a typical SG flake, Reminds me more of something GLP would put out.

Mc Beacon while watching Dallas beat the Eagles. :(