• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a whole week of rain predicted so I'll be smoking inside. I enjoyed a bowl of McClelland Drama Reserve in the Sav MrG this morn. Nice room note with a rich and complex flavor. Have to order more and maybe the Smyrna GO, too.

Today so far:

Walnut

C&D Virginia gentleman

SG Best Brown

Hey all,

I've stumbled on a pretty damn good hybred blend I've made.

I like a good cameroon cigar in the morning, like a fuente don carlos. But I couldn't afford to smoke them every day. So I've been hoping to get a simular taste from a pipe and I think I'm getting close.

Here is my hybred blend that I created last week.

1 oz - c&d's habana daydream
1 oz - macleland 5100, mild red virginia
1.5 oz macbaren's burley

I mixed everything in a large bowl and spritzed it lightly with some distilled water. I then hand pressed it in a storage jar and it's been 6 days.

It lit easy in my cob and I had no re-lights. It was a tad damp, so there was a very mild bite.

All in all I enjoyed it very much. Medium strength and flavor. Mild cigar note with a great creamy, nutty, sweet, woody oak core. It was a tad dry but not too dry. (the finish that is)

Went perfect with my dunkin original blended coffee.

So far a great start in my exploration in finding a good cameroon taste.

On the way from pipesandcigars.com

Sam Gawith Squadron Leader
Cornell & Diehl "Old Joe Krantz"

Hey all,

I've stumbled on a pretty damn good hybred blend I've made.

I like a good cameroon cigar in the morning, like a fuente don carlos. But I couldn't afford to smoke them every day. So I've been hoping to get a simular taste from a pipe and I think I'm getting close.

Here is my hybred blend that I created last week.

1 oz - c&d's habana daydream
1 oz - macleland 5100, mild red virginia
1.5 oz macbaren's burley

I mixed everything in a large bowl and spritzed it lightly with some distilled water. I then hand pressed it in a storage jar and it's been 6 days.

It lit easy in my cob and I had no re-lights. It was a tad damp, so there was a very mild bite.

All in all I enjoyed it very much. Medium strength and flavor. Mild cigar note with a great creamy, nutty, sweet, woody oak core. It was a tad dry but not too dry. (the finish that is)

Went perfect with my dunkin original blended coffee.

So far a great start in my exploration in finding a good cameroon taste.
It's a hoot playing with the near infinite combinations using both blending and already blended mixtures(compound blends). Have fun bro! Just don't dunk your pipe. :laugh:

Steve

P.S. I like cgar leaf with burley, too. I throw a bit of McConnell's latakia in sometimes, too.

SG's 1792 flake in a MM Diplomat Cob.

Just got some in yesterday and I've been itch'n to try it out. I took a couple of flakes out, folded them and stuffed them into my pipe. The tobacco was almost dripping. I find the prelight smell very interesting and delightful. It's earthy and tar like. I've been just keeping the open tin around while I smoke, just so I can smell it. :)

despite being very moist, the tobacco lit very easily and I only had one relight at the end of the bowl. The top part of the bowl was a little airy, not complex. It pretty much tasted like burning rubber or tar. Sort of medicinal, kind of like baby aspirin. But I was patient and when I started to get into the bowl, things got a lot better. It turned into a great full flavored complex smoke. I really love the dark-fired Tanzanian leaf. There were a whole range of flavors going through my mind. Stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, earth/dirt/soil, steak..... it was just a great deep warming taste. But at the same time there still remained the tonquin ever present... sort of lending an Irish Spring soapy taste.

Anyway... It seems that this blend is either a hate it or love it blend on most of the reviews I've read. I love it. When I first started playing golf, the first game I ever had, I was with my father-in-law. I was making a chip from about 40 feet and the green was above me, to where I couldn't see the hole. But amazingly, I swung my pitching wedge just right and the ball did a great arc and went right into the hole. It was a great shot and my father-in-law said, "it's shots like those that keep you coming back!"

Well, that's what I thought about 1792. It's tobacco like this that will keep me smoking the pipe. It was very smooth, very flavorful, I enjoyed it very much. It also had a great nic kick that just mellowed me out, no raging dizziness or anything, just a nice deep relaxing feeling.

My next two smokes for today are Braken Flake and Squadron Leader.

Samuel Gawith FVF in an ebony Peterson bent bulldog (80S I think). Yesterday was some Davidoff Flake Medallions in a Savinelli Venezia panel billiard. I just can't get enough of those VAs and Vapers.

Samuel Gawith's commonwealth, kind of reminds me of Squadron Leader!

Is that from our recent group buy? How is it smoking?

You know it's good as always, but i think with a little more age the what seems like a sweet grape will come out a little more. You can smell it in the tobacco before it's lit, but it doesn't shine through into the burn like some of the older SL I've had. So I'm probably gonna let it sit and revisit it in a year or so.

Boswell's Sweet Tea. Yes, I've found another slope to start down. :blush:

Good...good, heh...heh...heh
509.gif

Tonight:

C&D Virginia Gentleman in my Boswell Shotshell egg

Rocky Mountain High in a Big Ben bent

Penzance mmm! This is a great smoke it to the bottom and keep going tobacco!

Smoked a big bowl of Dunhill EMP in a Savinelli Venezia KS Canadian with a nice deep bowl. I have a few shapes in this line and I think they are the best value Sav's out there.

I just finished a bowl of Boswell's Countryside in a ginormous Boswell poker I bought from a BOTL here at CP. It's a very good blend. I think I've found another tobacco to add to the cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.