• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Stroll, picked up in a tin from P&C a while back, shoved into an old cedar box and promptly forgotten until this evening. Packed into an old acorn briar, I can't tell if that extra time did it any credit or not. I noted a thick, luciously sweet aroma as I packed the bowl but unfortunately that's where my sensations ended. Touted as being mild, it tastes not unlike a tall glass of water. There's a suggestion of flavour in a lingering aftertaste but otherwise, I'm not getting much of anything.

What exactly is going on with my senses the past few days...? It's all these sour patch kids, I tell you...

H&H Classic Burley Kake in the Stanwell. Very nice!

Then I packed it with Pease Union Square. Needs some age, IMO, but very flavorful VA.

Warm, humid, stale air around these parts tonight so the plan is currently to be as sedentary as possible, relaxing with a good book. My selection was picked out for me this evening for it's nuclear sweet room note. Boswell's Berry Cobler is so far is presenting a very nutty, savory quality and I'm going to grab some cheese, crackers and Pepsi to capitalize on it.

McConnell Oriental in the DiMonte on the front stoop. Good English ribbon!

Steve

Tonight I smoked some G.L. Pease Samarra in a Peterson Irish Army billiard. This is only the second or third bowl of this from a tin I opened last year and then jarred for some aging. I still find this to be an underwhelming blend.

There isn't one dominate note, you really taste a blend of the different tobaccos. Not bad, but just not a full-bodied smoke. I'm sure this was the intent, but I like a little more flavor for an evening smoke. I could see enjoying this in the morning with a mild tea. But for me, Squadron Leader or EMP fills the role better. YMMV.

Tonight I smoked some G.L. Pease Samarra in a Peterson Irish Army billiard. This is only the second or third bowl of this from a tin I opened last year and then jarred for some aging. I still find this to be an underwhelming blend ... But for me, Squadron Leader or EMP fills the role better. YMMV.
You like latakia! Have you tried Pease Odyssey or Westminster. Westminster is a favorite of one of our regular posters here. ???

I smoked a bowl of Peretti D-7584 spiced with a bit of perique today. Very nice in the Sav MrG. Perique with burley is a combo I like!

Steve

Tonight I smoked some G.L. Pease Samarra in a Peterson Irish Army billiard. This is only the second or third bowl of this from a tin I opened last year and then jarred for some aging. I still find this to be an underwhelming blend ... But for me, Squadron Leader or EMP fills the role better. YMMV.
You like latakia! Have you tried Pease Odyssey or Westminster. Westminster is a favorite of one of our regular posters here. ???

I smoked a bowl of Peretti D-7584 spiced with a bit of perique today. Very nice in the Sav MrG. Perique with burley is a combo I like!

Steve

Did someone say Westminster? :D The perfect English blend in my opinion. GL Pease's masterpiece.

Steve

Did someone say Westminster? :D The perfect English blend in my opinion. GL Pease's masterpiece.

I do enjoy Westminster. It was probably my favorite Pease English until I tried Maltese Falcon. But, I've been absolutely floored by Union Square. A straight Virginia that is hands down my favorite smoke these days. I just finished a bowl in a Stanwell 191 and I am still enjoying the flavor and a slight nic buzz! :love:

I do enjoy Westminster. It was probably my favorite Pease English until I tried Maltese Falcon. But, I've been absolutely floored by Union Square. A straight Virginia that is hands down my favorite smoke these days. I just finished a bowl in a Stanwell 191 and I am still enjoying the flavor and a slight nic buzz! :love:

I've not yet tried Union Square. I think I'll put that on my next order. I'm coming around on Virginias. I'm still not huge on VAPers, but straight VAs have been treating me well lately.

Yesterday was 3 bowls of GLP Haddo's Delight. This tobacco is smoking great for me right now. Today I'm smoking some Nat Sherman's, in house VAPer. I just opened the mason jar after a year. The Haddo's is over a year too.

Last night was some Solani Aged Burley Flake in a Lord Jeff billiard. This morning was a bowl of Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow Savoy in honor of Independence Day. Good old American OTC burley in a classic American pipe. Great way to start the day. :thumbs:

Hey all.
Brand new pipe smoker here. In fact, I think it's only been a week now.

Was looking around for a nice forum to discuss all my pipe questions and such with and I stumbled upon the bunch of ya. I look forward to talking about pipes with you all :thumbs:

Haven't smoked any today yet, so I'll tell you about the very first smoke. A bowl of tinderbox's Sunset in an unidentified big apple bowl looking over the back yard.

Welcome alcmiller! :thumbs:

I enjoyed McConnell Oriental, Peretti Cuban Mixture, and GLP Union Square yesterday.

I also added McConnell Perique to Union Square recently and enjoyed it even more!

Steve

I've not yet tried Union Square. I think I'll put that on my next order. I'm coming around on Virginias. I'm still not huge on VAPers, but straight VAs have been treating me well lately.
I savor the flavor of Union Square but it could use some age. I prefer my VAs with good age on them but I love the flavor of straight VA any way, anytime. The best VA I've had is McClelland #27 with 10 yrs in the tin. The age and the pinch of Drama made it a smooth and tasty smoke.

I savor the flavor of Union Square but it could use some age. I prefer my VAs with good age on them but I love the flavor of straight VA any way, anytime. The best VA I've had is McClelland #27 with 10 yrs in the tin. The age and the pinch of Drama made it a smooth and tasty smoke.
I'll throw a couple of extra tins in the basket to age. I've heard so many great things about it, I won't be able to resist cracking at least one tin. Man, I wish Pease sold in true bulk instead of just the bigger tins.

Union Square should definitely get better with some age. I have a few tins set aside, but I don't know if they'll make it long. I've now almost finished my first tin. I foresee a few of the larger tins on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.