• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After work was a bowl of Black XX Rope in a Kaywoodie Drinkless Rhodesian, and now for a bowl of 1792 in a small Royal Soverign Billiard.
Lunch today was Esoterica margate in a Hardcastle bent 'Dawg

Some Aylesbury Latakia Blen in a new Kaywoodie Majestic Prince.

I pulled out one of my Nording Pipes and toasted a bowk if Escudo. :thumbs:

I pulled out some MacBaren's Plum Cake and smoked it in a Eric Nording pipe with the churchwarden stem on it. Beautiful combination... :thumbs:

Breaking in another new Kaywoodie with some Grousemoor (first time for this as well)

I am smoking some Da Vinci in my Peterson. Thanks for turning me on to the DA Vinci Mr Peat.

I pulled out some MacBaren's Plum Cake and smoked it in a Eric Nording pipe with the churchwarden stem on it. Beautiful combination... :thumbs:

I just finished a bowl of the Plum Cake in a Stanwell Legend bent bulldog. Great stuff, Loren.

morning drive to work was a 1" x 1 1/2" bowl of Pipeworks & Wilke #194 (snap!) and this afternoon a nice long bowl of Esoterica Stonehaven (doublesnap!!)

First time I've smoked a pipe in months was tonight. I went through a couple bowls of GLP Haddo's Delight.

I think it was Purple Erkle or Blue Monkey! :sign:

Maybe it was a blend? :laugh:

I got a pipe earlier this year and finally found a chance to start breaking it in a couple of weeks ago. Noy sure if I'm doing it right or not. LOL! I've smoked a few bowls of the same stuff, called sweet briar blend, that I picked up at the local shop. Not bad, but not what I'm used to as far as comparing cigars to pipes. A friend has some vintage tobacco samples he's supposed to bring by sometime. I'll have to try those soon.

I got a pipe earlier this year and finally found a chance to start breaking it in a couple of weeks ago. Noy sure if I'm doing it right or not. LOL! I've smoked a few bowls of the same stuff, called sweet briar blend, that I picked up at the local shop. Not bad, but not what I'm used to as far as comparing cigars to pipes. A friend has some vintage tobacco samples he's supposed to bring by sometime. I'll have to try those soon.

Pipe tobacco is never the same as a cigar. I can taste pipe tobacco more than I can with any cigar that I've smoked. But if you want some serious strong pipe tobacco, I have the hook up for it. Granted, it may lay you out flat or passed out, but I can get it if its needed. :D

So what kind of pipe tobacco you looking for and maybe we can point you to some you may enjoy for years to come. :thumbs:

Picked up a tin of Nightcap today, had two bowls of it so far. I can see why this stuff is so popular.

Pipe tobacco is never the same as a cigar. I can taste pipe tobacco more than I can with any cigar that I've smoked. But if you want some serious strong pipe tobacco, I have the hook up for it. Granted, it may lay you out flat or passed out, but I can get it if its needed. :D

So what kind of pipe tobacco you looking for and maybe we can point you to some you may enjoy for years to come. :thumbs:

Not really looking for anything stronger. I am not a big fan of in your face, strong cigars either. That's why I would rather smoke an aged Havana over anything else these days. It's more the subtlties and "aged" nuances that I enjoy. I'm just getting started in the pipe thing and am not sure whether I will stick with it or not anyway. But, have been told some of these vintage pipe tobaccos are the way to go. I just need to get to a "real" pipe shop and stick my nose in some blends or trade some cigars for some sample bowls of other stuff.

Matt,

I am new to the Pipe Smoking thing as well. OVTC has a cigar blend that is not overpowering in any way. On the mild to medium side (for me), some of the tobaccos I have enjoyed thus far are- 1792, DaVinci, Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe and 965, Old Gowrie, Davidoff Scottish Mixture, Frog Morton products, and Opus One.

PM me your address and I will gladly get you out a few samples of some of these...

James

I can see some of my old favorites in the list. :whistling:

Not really looking for anything stronger. I am not a big fan of in your face, strong cigars either. That's why I would rather smoke an aged Havana over anything else these days. It's more the subtlties and "aged" nuances that I enjoy. I'm just getting started in the pipe thing and am not sure whether I will stick with it or not anyway. But, have been told some of these vintage pipe tobaccos are the way to go. I just need to get to a "real" pipe shop and stick my nose in some blends or trade some cigars for some sample bowls of other stuff.

Pipe Linky

Matt,

I am new to the Pipe Smoking thing as well. OVTC has a cigar blend that is not overpowering in any way. On the mild to medium side (for me), some of the tobaccos I have enjoyed thus far are- 1792, DaVinci, Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe and 965, Old Gowrie, Davidoff Scottish Mixture, Frog Morton products, and Opus One.

PM me your address and I will gladly get you out a few samples of some of these...

James

Status
Not open for further replies.