• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

For Easter yesterday I made a Roasted Turkey, 4 corned beefs, two flank steaks and 40 sausages, german bratwurst, salsiccia, chorizo for appetizers with various dipping sauces. We had 45 people yesterday and they all brought the salads, sides and desserts and the whole dinner came together nicely.

Medium rare filet mignon (seared in pork fat and a little oil before going in the oven) and some veggies.
58oeo.jpg

Easter was a Smoked Standing Rib Roast, 3 1/2 hours at 200 degrees using Mesquite. Actually only the first half hour was traditional smoking, after that it was wrapped in foil for the remainder of the time.

Stopped by the food trucks again today and grabbed a fish taco and a lengua burrito from a Oaxacan food truck. Being able to pronounce the name of the burrito (Oaxaqueno) perfectly on the first shot was a small victory for me. My mom would be proud.

2r4n048.jpg

My local HEB Plus sells these prepared gourmet single serving dishes in their own baking trays---I picked up a chicken breast stuffed with asparagus, prosciutto, and Havarti cheese and had it tonight with a tossed salad of greens, tiny grape tomatoes, Wensleydale cheese, and blackberries. Heaven!

~Boar

Meatball sub from Firehouse. Too busy to cook today. My son got a Subway Steak and cheese. Double meat, triple cheese. Lil guy's appetite is increasing exponentially. He'll be 13 this year. Upper lip getting dark too. Time for his first razor.

Made these ham & swiss sliders with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. I had some brown sugar glazed spiral ham left over from Easter, that's what prompted this snack.

You cut the whole 12 rolls and start layering. Mayo, two layers of ham & swiss...

FullSizeRender.jpg

Put the top back on and make the sauce. Quarter stick of melted butter, Dijon mustard, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and some poppy seeds.

IMG_3612.JPG

Pour over and completely cover the top...then let sit 10 minutes before baking. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Take off foil and turn up heat to 375 and brown the tops....

IMG_3619.JPG

Cut between the lines and serve!

IMG_3620.JPG

While all the recipes you see online for this calls for the use of deli ham, I'm not convinced it would taste as good as these. The sweet taste of the ham glaze, coupled with the buttery mustard flavor of the sauce, combined with the mayo was interesting....and way better than I thought. Worth trying if you have some leftover ham from a dinner.

You lost me at Mayo, but the rest sounds delish

tmp_32498-20160406_205223-203274405.jpg

Tempura fried rabbit offal....hearts, livers, kidneys. After the pig, rabbit is my favorite nose to tail critter.

Ha, I guessed it correctly, stopped in there Friday afternoon to grab a beverage and an appetizer before First Friday and well, let's just say the Rieger and I don't get along. I walked out after a stupid suggestion from the hostess.

That sucks, lots of new people working here...can't even keep track of them.

Edited to add: rabbit is good entry level innards, but definitely not for everyone. My wife is pretty iffy, but likes rabbit livers..very mild.

That sucks, lots of new people working here...can't even keep track of them.

Edited to add: rabbit is good entry level innards, but definitely not for everyone. My wife is pretty iffy, but likes rabbit livers..very mild.
It just reminds me of when I had a class working in the university slaughter house...there was an "offal cart" where all the innards went into.