• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

My kids (both full grown and own their own) would get pissed if I said I was going vegetarian.
hah! Yep. I can still remember my son realizing "Meat". You had to be there.

We had Tamales from a small Mexican Grocery. Pretty decent, and fairly priced,
Also made some Chiles Rellenos, Nachos, and rice.

Might go back to the grocery tomorrow. They told me that they cook several items on Fridays and Saturdays and put them on a buffet table. No eat in, just to go. I have to see how they price it out. Real Mexican Homestyle vs Tex Mex. I have high hopes.

Went back to a little Mexican Grocer today. He had 5 items on the hot table. Some sort of soup with offal meats. Carne Asada, Boiled Beef, Some sort of fried pork ribs with the skin still on, and some mixture of meats and sausage with onions and other bits in a red sauce. So, a few big piles of cooked meats for sale.

I got the meats and sausage dish in a Burrito (BIG as he uses a 14 inch Tortilla). I think it was $7.99. I can't identify everything he put in the burrito except the Cilantro and Chunky Guacamole. No bean fillers or a ton of rice, which I dislike anyway. Best dang Burrito I've ever had. Took care of my lunch and dinner.

Pork shoulder blade steaks with steamed broccoli and salad. One of my go to meals. Pork steaks are so damn good.
Pork shoulder blade steaks? Sounds like I've been missing out as I've never had pork shoulder as a steak. Do you just grill it or what?

Pork shoulder blade steaks? Sounds like I've been missing out as I've never had pork shoulder as a steak. Do you just grill it or what?

First off, get the thin sliced ones. When the weather is nice I grill them. But when it's cold I'll bake them for 30 mins at 350. They don't need a lot of fuss....just get them a good dusting of salt and pepper.

Have a little dab of BBQ sauce on the side if you want to dip in every now and then. Incredible amount of flavor and simple to cook.....oh, and dumb inexpensive. Like $3 per steak. They usually come 2 in a pack.

Honestly they are more of a Mid-West cut of meat, so I don't know how easy you'll find them, but if you do give them a go. But for whatever reason, the thin sliced ones are better than thick cut. My kids eat them like candy.

First off, get the thin sliced ones. When the weather is nice I grill them. But when it's cold I'll bake them for 30 mins at 350. They don't need a lot of fuss....just get them a good dusting of salt and pepper.

Have a little dab of BBQ sauce on the side if you want to dip in every now and then. Incredible amount of flavor and simple to cook.....oh, and dumb inexpensive. Like $3 per steak. They usually come 2 in a pack.

Honestly they are more of a Mid-West cut of meat, so I don't know how easy you'll find them, but if you do give them a go. But for whatever reason, the thin sliced ones are better than thick cut. My kids eat them like candy.

Agreed. Very tasty! In grilling season we caramelize them in Maull's BBQ sauce which is a sweet sauce and goes well with the pork steaks.

Agreed. Very tasty! In grilling season we caramelize them in Maull's BBQ sauce which is a sweet sauce and goes well with the pork steaks.

Absolutely, it's the only thing I use Maull's on. I usually do half sauced, half without.