• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

First off, get the thin sliced ones. When the weather is nice I grill them. But when it's cold I'll bake them for 30 mins at 350. They don't need a lot of fuss....just get them a good dusting of salt and pepper.

Have a little dab of BBQ sauce on the side if you want to dip in every now and then. Incredible amount of flavor and simple to cook.....oh, and dumb inexpensive. Like $3 per steak. They usually come 2 in a pack.

Honestly they are more of a Mid-West cut of meat, so I don't know how easy you'll find them, but if you do give them a go. But for whatever reason, the thin sliced ones are better than thick cut. My kids eat them like candy.
Okay, I'm going to have to give them a go. Sounds so easy. How long do you grill it for? Since I know you can't undercook pork like you can beef.

Okay, I'm going to have to give them a go. Sounds so easy. How long do you grill it for? Since I know you can't undercook pork like you can beef.

Grill sitting around 350-400 I would do about 10 mins per side. Since they are thin sliced, it's fairly easy to tell when they are done. There's little worry about them being done on the outside but rare on the inside. Unless your fire is burning them, if they look browned on the outside, they are good on the inside. When in doubt...cut one in half. They are "long" cuts of meat anyway, so many will cut them in half just to have them fit on the plate easier.

Grill sitting around 350-400 I would do about 10 mins per side. Since they are thin sliced, it's fairly easy to tell when they are done. There's little worry about them being done on the outside but rare on the inside. Unless your fire is burning them, if they look browned on the outside, they are good on the inside. When in doubt...cut one in half. They are "long" cuts of meat anyway, so many will cut them in half just to have them fit on the plate easier.
Ok cool, thanks!

Pork can easily be overcooked. There hasn't been a case of trichinosis in the US since the early '50s, so there's no need to cook it well done. It can be barely pink. Cook pork to 150 and let it rest 15 min.

Doc

It snowed like hell so I stayed at home since yesterday. I decided to boil yuca (the salsa on top is red bell peppers, cilantro, scallions, celery, garlic, extra virgen olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and a splash of water) fried eggs, Dominican salami and cheese for breakfast. I grew eating this (minus the salsa, that's my own touch) and I really love it.
IMG_20170314_125227_917_zpsiaqohk0b.jpg

It snowed like hell so I stayed at home since yesterday. I decided to boil yuca (the salsa on top is red bell peppers, cilantro, scallions, celery, garlic, extra virgen olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and a splash of water) fried eggs, Dominican salami and cheese for breakfast. I grew eating this (minus the salsa, that's my own touch) and I really love it.
Jeeezus, this looks good. I love that grilled cheese, salivating!

IMG_20170314_125227_917_zpsiaqohk0b.jpg
Tell me more about this fried cheese please!

Tell me more about this fried cheese please!

Sure lol. The brand that I usually use is "Tropical Queso De Freir" and I get it at BJ's or any other supermarket here in the NYC area. I suggest cutting the cheese between an eighth to a quarter inch thick. Add all purpose white flour to a dinner plate and dust all sides of the cheese with it. Use your favorite frying oil (medium heat) and fry away until you get to a color like the one you see on my pic. You aren't deep frying the cheese so you only need enough oil to cover it half way and flip it as needed. Try it with the yuca, boil the yuca in salted water until tender (add enough salt). If you don't feel like making the salsa, just add extra virgin olive oil to the yuca once you serve it. I also like to make sandwiches with this cheese.
queso-de-freir.jpg

I've never had Chicago style pizza before, but I'm also not sure where to get it around here. What in the heck is on yours?
Try Zelda's pizza, Sacramento. Uno used to be a good place in SF, but now there is one in Modesto of all places.... :eek:

Regarding Pizza, this guy makes some decent videos. Here he is doing a Barese Potato Dough (Bari, Italy). I use potatoes, but am going to try this way soon. I can't remember if I posted this already, but worth a 2nd look if you want something unique.

Try Zelda's pizza, Sacramento. Uno used to be a good place in SF, but now there is one in Modesto of all places.... :eek:
That's funny that you mentioned Uno, because Josh just told me about that place before reading your comment lol I figured there would be a place in Sac, one of these days...