• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Does anyone else drink and cook/bake? I do, LOL. I grew up with a Mom that didn't cook, but i had Home Ec in 8th grade, then lived with my Grandparents for a year when I started my first job. I learned to cook from my Grandma, also learned to clean up as I went along.

Today, while my wife shows a house, I'm making a bacon wrapped meatloaf, with potatoes as well. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.......kids are already disgusted by it, but we'll see.

20181209_145459.jpg

I did a simple, classic frittata this AM---thinly sliced baby potatoes, sweet onion, and peppered bacon smothered in an egg whipped with Half & Half and grated mozzarella cheese, then baked until crispy on top.

Came out perfectly, too. Frittatas are a Sunday ritual here, usually in their "let's get rid of some leftovers" incarnation. But like so many things, simple & classic is best.

~Boar

The wait is over on one of the NY Strip loins. 35 days have passed and this is the result. This meat had an amazing clean, deep beefy smell to it.
full

Plume or mold? :D
full

Look at that beautiful color
full

Got 8 steaks out of it (well, 7 full ones and a baby one lol). They were about 2" thick each. After the loin was cut into steaks, I then went ahead and trimmed the fat and the crust off.
full

I cooked it the same way as I did the last steak I posted here. Sous vide at 127f for 2 hours and then seared it on the chimney starter. This thing was so tasty and tender. It's worth every penny. I can't wait to try the 60 days one!
full

The wait is over on one of the NY Strip loins. 35 days have passed and this is the result. This meat had an amazing clean, deep beefy smell to it.
full

full

full

Got 8 steaks out of it (well, 7 full ones and a baby one lol). They were about 2" thick each. After the loin was cut into steaks, I then went ahead and trimmed the fat and the crust off.
full

I cooked it the same way as I did the last steak I posted here. Sous vide at 127f for 2 hours and then seared it on the chimney starter. This thing was so tasty and tender. It's worth every penny. I can't wait to try the 60 days one!
full
Do tell us...... I’m curious to base my aging time off of yours. If you find 60 is too dry, then I’ll stick with 35.

Do tell us...... I’m curious to base my aging time off of yours. If you find 60 is too dry, then I’ll stick with 35.

I will. You should start the aging process now! My brother is supposed to come visit me from FL for the holidays, if he does, then this loin won't make it to the 60 days.. It'll probably be about 53 days by the time I cut into it....

full

full

full

full

full
I'll stop by for the 60 day test taste! They looked incredible, as always thanks for sharing.

full

full

full

full

full

I'm definitely going to have to try this!

B5F94CA5-5F0F-4587-8D54-B7469A230795.jpegD9FD7FB8-FD32-4BF3-901A-2B8528B81DBD.jpegD32BD011-BBA0-444D-970C-E86FF911B153.jpeg
We made 3 pounds of pasta today. We like Lidia’s recipe. Very basic very easy and freezes great. We’ll take a pound to make Fettecine Alfredo at my daughters for Xmas diner. It’ll go well with a rib roast my son-in-law is making.