• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

So this happened at the Fields house over the weekend. A box of oysters showed up at my house from the west coast courtesy @CigSid.
Nice and classy presentation from this company to be sure. Definitely sets the expectation and the mood to set up and eat some oysters on the half shell.

View attachment 27565View attachment 27566View attachment 27567
My final verdict: They do have very deep shells with fluted edges compared to ones my way. Keeps them juicer after shucking. I wouldn’t say they are bigger though. Chesapeake Bay oysters come in a wide variety of sizes. These are very uniform though.
Taste was very similar, but these were very salty. Once you get through that, they have a very buttery taste. A little acid from lemon juice seemed to bring out the sweetness from them and tone down the salt. Before that they tasted like they came directly from the ocean and not a tidal bay type place. I still prefer Chesapeake Bay oysters, but my daughter who also loves them says she prefers these. 😂

She’s still new at the oyster thing, so maybe it’s a what you grew up on preference thing for Bill and I. In all honesty, the best oysters I’ve ever had hands down, I ate while I was in Paris France. They definitely left an impression on me. The restaurant I had them at brought them in daily from a Northwest place in France called Brittany. They claimed the best oysters in the country come from there only.

ETA: Thank you Bill! 😁
Not to spend your money but you should return Fire

Believe it or not, all this came from Walmart! Sous vied and seared cod, wilted spinach, red curry with bamboo shoots, sweet peppers and cherry tomatoes, all atop coconut jasmine rice. The wife loved it so much I've added the dish to my "get out of the dog house" list.

2019-09-24 19.55.23-1.jpg

Believe it or not, all this came from Walmart! Sous vied and seared cod, wilted spinach, red curry with bamboo shoots, sweet peppers and cherry tomatoes, all atop coconut jasmine rice. The wife loved it so much I've added the dish to my "get out of the dog house" list.

View attachment 27603

Absolutely wonderful! You never cease to amaze me.

My wife, who hates cooking yet does the majority of the weekly cooking (I cook on the weekends or as often as I can) decided to give EveryPlate a try. Anyone else use a Meal Subscription service? So far, we've been pleased with the price and the meal options.

My wife, who hates cooking yet does the majority of the weekly cooking (I cook on the weekends or as often as I can) decided to give EveryPlate a try. Anyone else use a Meal Subscription service? So far, we've been pleased with the price and the meal options.

We've tried a few of them. A couple of the most recent ones: Blue Apron was good but too many kale sides. I think they own a kale farm. It seemed like we used every pot and pan in the kitchen to prepare.

Hello Fresh was good also with a nice variety on their menu.

Mostly we stopped the service because we travel a lot and the food service delivery was one more thing we had to think about.

I recommend serving with a side of Spanish brown rice. I served s mix of quinoa and brown rice.

I also recommend not making the cheese sauce as the woman demonstrates. Instead, opt for mixing the shredded cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese in a bowl, then filling inside and covering on top when all are rolled. Use a spatula.

AC667C2C-1AB6-475A-803E-DA6A8AB52DAE.jpeg

There was a mole festival in downtown LA yesterday which also coincided with a city organized bicycle ride. My friends and I stopped at the festival and had some mole for lunch.

On Saturday I threw together some sauerkraut, onions, and cut up kielbasa sausages from the local German deli.