• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I made my favorite breakfast for my Japanese family, a duo of Eggs Benedict: crab cake and smoked salmon, with asparagus. I was pretty happy with my effort, but I couldn't really tell if they liked it. For a Japanese family of five, they don't own five sets of forks and knives, and they couldn't quite figure out how to eat it even though I sat and ate with them. The idea of cutting through an English muffin with a butter knife was so foreign to them, but honestly, that's part of the fun of sharing cultures.

Baked salmon, Parmesan-roasted asparagus, bourbon-fried peaches.

Came out pretty tasty. ?

This is Fredericksburg peach season down here. It's the ONLY time of year & the ONLY peaches I can get to bowl ripen without turning to mush, so I'm taking full advantage while it lasts.

View attachment 27371

~Boar
That looks and sounds amazing Boar! Especially, those peaches!!! Addy in profile..... ?

How do you cook that? Specifically the cabbage?
I cut up the sausage, however you prefer. Some like it whole. Sliced rounds or about 5-7 pieces per link. Brown in oil, butter, or bacon fat, whichever you prefer. Brown slightly as sausages will continue to cook. Chop cabbage into half, then quarters, each quarter then into eights, then across the middle of each piece to make bite size. Add chopped cabbage to large pan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cover with lid, cook over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally from bottom up. Add any cabbage that may not have fit originally. Stir around every 10 mins or so. Cook for about 30 mins done. Sone prefer longer cooking. I like mine with some resistance in the bite and not mush.

I cut up the sausage, however you prefer. Some like it whole. Sliced rounds or about 5-7 pieces per link. Brown in oil, butter, or bacon fat, whichever you prefer. Brown slightly as sausages will continue to cook. Chop cabbage into half, then quarters, each quarter then into eights, then across the middle of each piece to make bite size. Add chopped cabbage to large pan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cover with lid, cook over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally from bottom up. Add any cabbage that may not have fit originally. Stir around every 10 mins or so. Cook for about 30 mins done. Sone prefer longer cooking. I like mine with some resistance in the bite and not mush.
So you add the cabbage to the pan with the browned sausage?

So you add the cabbage to the pan with the browned sausage?
Correct. Sometimes, I add maybe around 1/4 cup water. This helps steam the cabbage.

I cook it uncovered after testing a piece of cabbage to see if it is to my liking. Maybe 5 minutes, to reduce some liquid. At that point, apply shredded cheese of your choice. I use Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack. Serve over roasted potatoes, egg noodles, or white rice.

Made our yearly batch of roasted tomatoe sauce today. Plum tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano all tossed in a little EVO and roasted for 4 hours. I use a submersible blender to smooth it out but not too much, I thinks it’s better a little chunky. It freezes great in ziplock bags.038D044F-56E2-4DD4-9B8B-314D3A9EB7C8.jpegD7584307-3051-41CE-8005-D673E20F93C8.jpeg127F7A22-8515-4D5C-8736-3659D90170C7.jpeg5992324E-E789-427B-9BA8-66BAF1DC21D4.jpeg