• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

A friend's wife is an exceptionally good baker, she gave me this recipe and it has never disappointed.

I made this last week for @jfields John and he and his dad both said it was the best blueberry pie they ever ate!

Today I made it with strawberries rather than blueberries and my hopes are high!
20231022_113516.jpg

A friend's wife is an exceptionally good baker, she gave me this recipe and it has never disappointed.

I made this last week for @jfields John and he and his dad both said it was the best blueberry pie they ever ate!

Today I made it with strawberries rather than blueberries and my hopes are high!
View attachment 74084
Apparently, there is a reason why this pie isn't made with strawberries.

Apparently the liquid in the strawberries doesn't work.

It was a pie pan full of goo

That looks awesome. I googled but could find it - can you post a link?

Thanks!

She doesn't have a website or blog---we're mutuals on Twitter, where she posts a lot of food---but you can get her cookbook in pdf for $7.99 HERE. I haven't dug into my copy yet but the stuff she posts is awesome.

This is the soup, though. Hers is prettier!

F9JV9puagAMX2K9.jpeg

I'm going to puree the RoTel, use more broth than I did this time, and simmer about half the cilantro with the shrimp when I add them in next time I make my version of it. I have all the stuff so that'll probably be this week.

~Boar

Last edited:
She doesn't have a website or blog---we're mutuals on Twitter, where she posts a lot of food---but you can get her cookbook in pdf for $7.99 HERE. I haven't dug into my copy yet but the stuff she posts is awesome.

This is the soup, though. Hers is prettier!

View attachment 74451

I'm going to puree the RoTel, use more broth than I did this time, and simmer about half the cilantro with the shrimp when I add them in next time I make my version of it. I have all the stuff so that'll probably be this week.

~Boar

Awesome, thanks a lot!

I thin I'll give it a try this weekend!

Cajun Fried Rice. 😋

This is a deceptively simple, richly flavored, super spicy fusion concept that came across my radar on Twitter recently. You can find demos on YouTube, even, so apparently it's a "thing."

The fried rice part is Japanese, but the veggies & meats (shrimp & Andouille sausage) are stir fried first, using Creole spices (I like Slap Yo Mama Extra Spicy). Damn fine meal.

398089665_10230860141476913_5247318208092862658_n.jpg

~Boar

Cajun Fried Rice. 😋

This is a deceptively simple, richly flavored, super spicy fusion concept that came across my radar on Twitter recently. You can find demos on YouTube, even, so apparently it's a "thing."

The fried rice part is Japanese, but the veggies & meats (shrimp & Andouille sausage) are stir fried first, using Creole spices (I like Slap Yo Mama Extra Spicy). Damn fine meal.

View attachment 74532

~Boar
That looks really good!

IMG_9292.jpeg
Mom has Covid, so I whipped up some chicken noodle soup.