• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I was, but I kinda follow the rules of "Don't ask questions, if you don't want to hear the answers" and "say what you mean, and mean what you say"

So these things didn't go well:
Her: Does this dress make my butt look big?
Me: No, you look awesome!
Her: I know you're lying, you like the black dress better!

Next time:
Me: I like the black dress better.
Her: You're an asshole!

Or:
Me: What's wrong honey?
Her: Nothing.
Me: Okay.
Her: You don't even care!
Me: What do you mean?
Her: You can tell I'm upset!

Or:
Me: Do you mind if I go on Tom's golf trip June 7-9?
Her: Not at all ..... have fun.
Her: On June 6th: I can't believe you are doing this, I think you care about golf more than you care about me!
Me: You're kinda pushing it that way.
Her: Fuck you!

Do not follow my example...

Me: It's not the dress.
*SMACK*

Went to a place called Montross, VA near the Chesapeake Bay. So, have to find me some soft shell crabs.

With red beans and rice. I love this dish! The avocado goes really well with the dish due to its creamy texture.

View attachment 75089

Oh baby! Softies went right into most of October this year too!

Tomalley? I know it's not for everybody... definitely with mine though!

My grandson and I watched a video by the owner of Dan O's where he made crispy pork bellies and we decided to try it this weekend. But I can't find the bellies with the skin on so we are going to do "pork belly burnt ends".

I would love to hear some of your recipes?

Before I retired, breakfast was usually instant oatmeal with a handful of blueberries thrown in. NOW I get to make "weekenders" all week long, and change it up with omelets or Eggs Benedict every once in awhile.

One egg, one strip bacon, one slice cheese, one freshly griddled tortilla, one small tomato, sliced & grilled, 1/2 a small avocado.

Washed down with Vietnamese Iced Coffee.

F_PENUPWIAAEuWz.jpeg

~Boar

My grandson and I watched a video by the owner of Dan O's where he made crispy pork bellies and we decided to try it this weekend. But I can't find the bellies with the skin on so we are going to do "pork belly burnt ends".

I would love to hear some of your recipes?
I cut them into 1 to 1.5" cubes throw on a wire rack dump some rub on them place on smoker till about 180ish , put in pan load with bbq sauce back on smoker till 203-205

Since it's just me, I decided to make what I really wanted to eat: a brisket baked potato, loaded. Picked up the smoked brisket for it from Rudy's BBQ yesterday.

F_phougWUAEZxCS.jpeg

That's candied pineapple & walnuts in front there. Funny story---when I first moved down here, it had been 20+ years since my last family Thanksgiving so I was definitely looking forward to that first one.

Mom had changed all the recipes. The candied yams had been replaced by this weird sweet potato puree with a pecan crust on top. My disappointment was palpable! 🤣

After that, Mom always made a little tiny dish of the OLD candied yams of my childhood, just for me. But it's taken me this long to realize I don't actually LIKE yams. I like pineapple! 🙃

Anyway, I actually AM making turkey this year, after all. There was a COUPON for an herbed & buttered, oven ready, foil pan & all turkey so I added it to my weekly grocery delivery. I'll pop it in the oven when it gets here on Saturday & break it down into freezer portions after it cools; make some Turkey Caldo with the carcass.

F_oroD9WwAANDcV.jpeg

~Boar