• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats the greatest movie made?

Anybody want to post more details about the Thomas Crowne Affair? :lookup:
I guess there is no reason for me to see it now. :angry:

Now for some revenge.. DARTH VADOR IS LUKE'S FATHER! HA! Take that. :p

other1 said:
I guess there is no reason for me to see it now. :angry:
:0 No reason to see it!?!?!? :0
Back up one post before yours and read what “Sheriff Satan” wrote.
I think he gave you two good reasons. ;)

the fifth element,
dirty rotten scoundrels,
the jerk,
bowfinger,

and LOST IN TRANSLATION!!!!!!!!

No question about it..... The best movie EVER is:

Better OFF Dead

lucasbuck said:
Maggs44 said:
dixieland_conjunction said:
gawntrail said:
The Thomas Crown Affair (Original and the Pierce Brosnon remake)
Still wondering....how does he fold up the stolen painting in his briefcase? ???

Cheers,
Dixie
Everytime I see that film, I think the same thing... Never heard of a hinged frame.

And, HOW the heck did he steal the 2nd painting (the one that Rene Ruso liked and that she returned at the end).

We assume it was in the gallery when the museum closed the gates at 3 pm when Crowne walked in to "return" the first painting. He threw in the smoke bombs, the wall doors close, and voila, the doors open and the 2nd painting is gone.

Any clues?
Tisk, tisk....you guys are missing the whole point of that film. Rene Russo finally topless ;)
Ren Russo topless, what paintings?

One of many favourites are Man on the moon (Andy Kaufman biography) starring Jim Carrey.

I love it.

jordon said:
Matt R said:
jordon said:
Debbie Does Dallas  :D
I'm suprised it took someone that long to mention that classic. Now, how about a favorite scene. Personally I liked the car wash scene, but the candlestick scene was OK too.
I've actually never seen it. It was the only movie name I could think of (of that genre).

After seeing the box cover, I might have to find it - anyone know of any sources where I could get this :D :D
WoW, this brings back memories...

Retail, it will be next to, if not impossible to find the ORIGINGAL-UNCUT version. The Dallas Cowboys sued 'em over Debbie's cheerleader uniform being too close a likeness to the Cowboy cheerleaders...and won. They had to edit/hack the movie and re-release it.

No question about it..... The best movie EVER is:

Better OFF Dead

LMAO, yep I love that one Matt :thumbs:

"Two dollars! Where's my two dollars?"

coventrycat86 said:
LMAO, yep I love that one Matt :thumbs:

"Two dollars! Where's my two dollars?"
Although Johnny Gasparini's "two dollars" quote is what everyone remembers from the movie, my favorite line was from the tree trimmer, "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy, like that."

Other greats are Charle's "I've been going to this school for 7 years. I'm no dummy. " and Lane's "My mom's not home. She had to take my brother to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she was really stressed out. She hijacked a busload full of... penguins. It's sort of a family crisis. Bye! " and of course, ""Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky. The doctor said she'll be okay, I guess she just wont be able to eat any spicy foods for a while."

I bought the VHS movie before its wide release and shelled out a whopping $80 to have it special ordered. I also have the wide release VHS and recently released DVD. I really like the flick.

Other favorites of mine:

Say Anything
One Crazy Summer (I know, enough of the Cusack already)

Fight Club
The Usual Suspects
The Star Wars films
LOTR Trilogy
Donnie Darko
Harvey

Well, by far Vanilla Sky is my all time favorite movie. It's just nothing but teasing your mind. I got it on the first time, but people I know still don't understand it all. Vanilla Sky is a must see. Here are some other favorites:

Tommy Boy. The first time I saw that deer come out of that car, I almost passed out I was laughing so hard.

Scarface "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"
Godfather
Ocean's Eleven
Primary Colors
Smokey and the Bandit "Remind me to punch your mama in the mouth when we get home!"
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Dumb and Dumber...

And so forth and so on.

star wars...(ok, jar jar sucked)

the most transcending movies in cenimatic history. they were 25 years ahead of their time. set all and still hold most box office records, and paved the way for guys like steven spielberg, guy richie and ron howard. and the best part...they were all rated PG, so even my 3 year old can watch them. how many movies now a days can say that?

and yes...there will be an episode 7, 8 and 9. trust me on this.

Shrek 2 will soon be the best movie ever when it is released tot he public for sale on DVD. It's the next in line of great movies that my kids will sit still and watch instead of bothering their mother and I.

marcsheldon said:

the most transcending movies in cenimatic history. they were 25 years ahead of their time. set all and still hold most box office records, and paved the way for guys like steven spielberg, guy richie and ron howard. and the best part...they were all rated PG, so even my 3 year old can watch them. how many movies now a days can say that?

and yes...there will be an episode 7, 8 and 9. trust me on this.
Star Wars doesn't hold any records any longer and hasn't since 1997. Based on the last few I don't think that will change anyime soon but they aren't too bad for space cowboy movies.

AVB said:
marcsheldon said:

the most transcending movies in cenimatic history.  they were 25 years ahead of their time.  set all and still hold most box office records, and paved the way for guys like steven spielberg, guy richie and ron howard.  and the best part...they were all rated PG, so even my 3 year old can watch them.  how many movies now a days can say that?

and yes...there will be an episode 7, 8 and 9.  trust me on this.
Star Wars doesn't hold any records any longer and hasn't since 1997. Based on the last few I don't think that will change anyime soon but they aren't too bad for space cowboy movies.
yeah, but scroll down and look at the adjusted inflated price ticket sales.

numero uno.

and 4 out of the top 7. not too shabby for a "space cowboy movie", huh?

a clockwork orange
half baked
the wall
the first matrix
LOTR Trilogy

Highlander
-- There should have been only one!

SLC Punk
-- Best to ever come out of Sundance

Transformers The Movie
-- Laugh if you must, but this opened the door for Big Name actors in Animated Film (Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, Orson Wells....) and in making animated viable adult entertainment as well.

Se7en
-- Set a new bar for Detective Thrillers

Office Space
-- Before Reality TV, OS walked the edge of real office experiences with a comedic edge.

All for now....