• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your current favorites...

BigFatDog

I have been tied to a computer terminal/ landline/ my office, much more this week than usual. I've also smoked a heck of a lot more since I stopped lurking. In all fairness I was warned. I've been searching the CP archives for a post like this (High $, Low $) and haven't found one. So, here it is.

What's your current high $ and low $ favorite.

High $: Anejo 50. I'll take any Anejo but the 50 is my favorite. I prefer it to Opus, Pan, Pam, '26s, LA Pref, and ISOMs. The taste, the aroma, the oily wrapper...Anejo every time.

Low $: CAO Gold Corona. Most of my low dollar choices are light. I just like the construction and flavor qualities of the CAO the best. I haven't found anything like the CAO for a better price, but I also haven't looked very hard.

How about you?

High: Ashton VSG Belicoso No. 1
Low: Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon

Too many to be sure. But if I had to choose one for each0, I would say.....

High $ favorite's tie: Anejo #77 Fuente BTL.
Low $ favorite's tie again: Padron 2000 maduro, Fuente Best seller, and of course RASS.

I just cannot pick an absolute favorite for each. ??? Just to many variables!

Bill

Low $ favorite's tie again: Padron 2000 maduro, Fuente Best seller, and of course RASS.

Bill

If the RASS AND bestseller are on your LOW end then you should be over at SNOBS!! :sign:

My high end right now is Anejo 48...I have a few others I am excited about trying though!

My low end is Padron 2000 maddie right now

Brandon

High - any good cigar that makes me go, arghhh - this is the life!
Low - any bad cigar that makes me go, arghhh - life can suck sometimes!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brian

High - Anejo #48 or #49

Low - Currently going through some Rocky Patel 1992 "seconds" that aren't bad...giving the Padron 2000 Maddies a rest.

Current fave - ...some 01 SLR A's. Just fantastic smokes.....

Regards - B.B.S.

Bill

If the RASS AND bestseller are on your LOW end then you should be over at SNOBS!! :sign:

My high end right now is Anejo 48...I have a few others I am excited about trying though!

My low end is Padron 2000 maddie right now

Brandon

Got a link? :laugh: Sorry, but I was excluding all of the seconds that I smoke. Let me do the low end again:

Flor de Ybor City, Philipe Gregorio Fumas, and Thompson Miraflor Maduro's.....Yes, I know, I said Thompsons, but they are descent yard gars, and perfect for the "Cigar Afficianado's" that vist and insist on biting off the caps and dipping them in Scotch! :angry:

Seriously though, where is this SNOBS place?? :sign:

edit for spelling

Low: Danli Reserve.....Super tasty smoke that I hope will always stay low in price.I trade off the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte and this one as my go-to smokes.

Low: Indian Tabac Super Fuerte.... I think that this smoke is more full on flavor than strength. Don't get me wrong, it has plenty of oomph in the gut, but I think that the Danli Reserve matches, maybe even supercedes its tobacco strength. I smoke this one for the flavor and the construction....great cigar.

Low: I think this one deserves an honorable mention from me. Like many of you, I have started to steer away from the 5 Vegas line of cigars because they are getting kind of....boring. But the 5 Vegas Gold I think will always be in my stable as the go-to smoke when I am looking for a nice, medium cigar in the early am hours. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be venturing further and further from wanting a mild cigar. My tastes are gravitating to the medium-full strength smokes.

High: Gurkha Legend Aniversario Perfecto. Other than the bad experience that I had with the one I posted about, this is one GREAT cigar. Easy going super relaxing smoke. One that is hard to put down once you get going.

High: CAO L Anniversaire Cameroon. I've only had a couple of these before, and I consider them to be "high", others may think differently. This if I remember correctly was a somewhat mild, but incredibly flavorful cigar. If I had loads of cash that I could just spend whenever, these would probably be a staple in the humi. (Love that cameroon.)

There are so many different types that I'd like to add and even more that I'd like to try out, and probably eventually will, that this list could and would change on a weekly basis.

What's your current high $ and low $ favorite.
How about you?

"What ARE your..."

I can't really answer your question because I don't know what you consider "high dollar" and "low dollar." Can you give us your range?

I have recently had two Padron 2000s at two different times. Each time they both made me sick. The taste was extremely bitter and harsh and I could not imagine anyone actually liking this dog rocket. I hope the other Padron's are better!

I have recently had two Padron 2000s at two different times. Each time they both made me sick. The taste was extremely bitter and harsh and I could not imagine anyone actually liking this dog rocket. I hope the other Padron's are better!

Hmm .. maybe they were a bit too fresh. I've seen some very fresh boxes at my B&M. Try them with some time in the humi, at least 6 months, but preferably longer. I've got a box of 2K maddies from 2005 in the humi now and they are smoking very well.

I'm kinda in the opinion of CC. What do you mean by high end? Does rarity define high end or just being over priced? Ok ok...I will stop over analyzing this.

High end: Opus X, Anejo, and Hemi maddies

Low end: PSD 4's,RAG's, and many others.

Hell with it...If I dont smoke it, its a dog rocket and not worth mentioning whatsoever. :laugh: Honestly, it depends on my mood. A Padron 3k could be the best smoke of my life one day while the next day its a BBMF. Its all about the mood and setting that one partakes in such pleasures of life as a fine cigar.

I'm assuming he's asking normal everyday kinda high and low... There are those I'm savin'...

High: Davidoff Anniversario #2, right now: Davidoff Diademas, but that's going to change when I run out.:laugh: , Avo 80th, Avo LE05, just about any Anejo, Opus is nice too. Cohiba Sig III, IV or V. Punch ISOM Churchill. ISOM Monte #2.

Low: Montecristo Platinum #1's, Montecristo Feur de Lance, Sancho Panza Double Maduro's, Reo, Punch Grand Cru, CAO Criollo's. ISOM SLR A's, RASS's, RASC's, VR Famosos, PSD #4's, Quintero Brevas with age on 'em...

High: Opus, Anejo, Siglo VI
Low: Opus, Anejo, Siglo VI

:laugh:

Ok... throw a RASS in there somewhere

I can't believe someone referred to a Padron as a "dog rocket". I feel ill now.