• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite movie of all time?

The Godfather, I've watched it several times on https://www.0123movie.day/ . It is free online platform with various moies in all genres. The collection of movies and TV shows on the site is regularly updated, allowing me to always stay up-to-date with the latest movies and TV news. It is real godsend for movie buffs like I am. This platform support different operating systems and it is compatible with various mobile devices.

Last edited:
Man, that's a hard thing to pick. There are too many, but there are always movies that I'll stop and watch, if they're on.

Any/All:

Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
Sandlot
Goonies
Avengers
Princess Bride

list could go on and on, but I'll just stop there.

Last edited:
Man, that's a hard thing to pick. There are too many, but there are always movies that I'll stop and watch, if they're on.

Any/All:

Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
Sandlot
Goonies
Avengers
Princess Bride

You didn't list Second Hand Lions....

Any/All:

Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
Sandlot
Goonies
Avengers
Princess Bride

Shit I didnt even think of Star Wars. I was 7 when that first one came out. To a 7 year old boy that movie was Awesome!

I watched it in an outdoor movie pavilion on Guam while I was in the Seabees and it was still awesome!

~Boar
What decade was that? I know you are a bit older than me, but I was there from '97-'99 up on Andersen.

This thread has actually provided a good source for movies I've not watched or haven't seen in a looooong time.

I had never seen or heard of Memento so I watched it. I am not a fan of movies that do the "Three weeks ago" thing too much and this movie changed tense every minute or so without any reference. It was clear throughout what was going on but I am too analytical to keep up with it. I had to rewind so many times I finally said fuck it and just watched. Interesting concept though.

Favorite of all time is difficult. There are so many variables that can change an all-time favorite. That being said, I'll put together my favorite(s) of all time and why. *** Disclaimer, my top 3 are purely based on personal choice, not necessarily on quality of story, cinematography acting etc.

1. The Big Lebowski - I love Jeff Bridges and John Goodman in their roles. The story is, meh but the comedy, drama and obscurity flow well.

2. Nacho Libre - Jack Black was phenomenal. It's a family friendly movie that people of all ages can enjoy and relate to. One of the most quotable movies of all time. The comedy is effortless.

3. The Thin Red Line - This is one of the only war themed movies that I've watched that dives into the psychology of servicemen. There is an ubiquitous amount of inner monologue that gives it's audience a unique view of the who the characters are, based on their thoughts, emotions and motivations and how it impacts their actions.

4. Tombstone - The drama is fantastic. The cast is superb. I've always been a fan of Val Kilmer and his portrayal of Doc Holliday was profound. His line about one of the antagonists resonates in me. "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."

5. Dune: Part Two - One could argue that I have this one on the list due to recentism, but they'd lose. The book series is my favorite of all-time (first three books), so there may be some sentimental value added, I'll give you that. I could talk all day about this movie, but I'll keep this as concise as I can without giving any spoilers (There are few things I hate and spoilers are one of them) and I'll only consider the merits of the movie, not it's representation of the book. First off, this is a must-watch in the theaters movie. Dolby Atmos, or whatever the highest audio quality and largest screen available is recommended. Also, you need to watch Part One first. Part two is a cinematic masterpiece. Masterpiece. The writing, directing, acting are all great. Those are the big three that people look at. Denis Villeneuve's ability to submerge the audience into the story is on-par with George Lucas' in the original Star Wars trilogy and I'd put this movie up against Empire Strikes Back. Yeah, I went there. Here's why - in addition to the writing, directing and acting (acting was better in Dune) the cinematography is unrivaled by any movie I've seen in recent years and the score is both eloquent and gripping.

6. Inception - I love the concept of this movie. The cast is amazing and so is the acting. I'm a Christopher Nolan fan and this is one of his greatest films. This is a thought provoking movie that, well, if you've watched this movie, you know what I'm talking about.

I could easily put half a dozen or more movies on this list, but these ones check the most boxes for me. Here's a list of honorable mentions, in no order:
Donnie Darko, Black Swan, Lonesome Dove (Not a "movie"), Empire Strikes Back, Arrival, Lincoln, Prisoners, The Departed, Forest Gump, The Breakfast Club, Goonies, Ready Player One, Tron: Legacy, Tommy Boy, Home Alone, Unbreakable, The Game, Castaway, Edge of Tomorrow and World War Z.

Favorite of all time is difficult. There are so many variables that can change an all-time favorite. That being said, I'll put together my favorite(s) of all time and why. *** Disclaimer, my top 3 are purely based on personal choice, not necessarily on quality of story, cinematography acting etc.

1. The Big Lebowski - I love Jeff Bridges and John Goodman in their roles. The story is, meh but the comedy, drama and obscurity flow well.

2. Nacho Libre - Jack Black was phenomenal. It's a family friendly movie that people of all ages can enjoy and relate to. One of the most quotable movies of all time. The comedy is effortless.

3. The Thin Red Line - This is one of the only war themed movies that I've watched that dives into the psychology of servicemen. There is an ubiquitous amount of inner monologue that gives it's audience a unique view of the who the characters are, based on their thoughts, emotions and motivations and how it impacts their actions.

4. Tombstone - The drama is fantastic. The cast is superb. I've always been a fan of Val Kilmer and his portrayal of Doc Holliday was profound. His line about one of the antagonists resonates in me. "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."

5. Dune: Part Two - One could argue that I have this one on the list due to recentism, but they'd lose. The book series is my favorite of all-time (first three books), so there may be some sentimental value added, I'll give you that. I could talk all day about this movie, but I'll keep this as concise as I can without giving any spoilers (There are few things I hate and spoilers are one of them) and I'll only consider the merits of the movie, not it's representation of the book. First off, this is a must-watch in the theaters movie. Dolby Atmos, or whatever the highest audio quality and largest screen available is recommended. Also, you need to watch Part One first. Part two is a cinematic masterpiece. Masterpiece. The writing, directing, acting are all great. Those are the big three that people look at. Denis Villeneuve's ability to submerge the audience into the story is on-par with George Lucas' in the original Star Wars trilogy and I'd put this movie up against Empire Strikes Back. Yeah, I went there. Here's why - in addition to the writing, directing and acting (acting was better in Dune) the cinematography is unrivaled by any movie I've seen in recent years and the score is both eloquent and gripping.

6. Inception - I love the concept of this movie. The cast is amazing and so is the acting. I'm a Christopher Nolan fan and this is one of his greatest films. This is a thought provoking movie that, well, if you've watched this movie, you know what I'm talking about.

I could easily put half a dozen or more movies on this list, but these ones check the most boxes for me. Here's a list of honorable mentions, in no order:
Donnie Darko, Black Swan, Lonesome Dove (Not a "movie"), Empire Strikes Back, Arrival, Lincoln, Prisoners, The Departed, Forest Gump, The Breakfast Club, Goonies, Ready Player One, Tron: Legacy, Tommy Boy, Home Alone, Unbreakable, The Game, Castaway, Edge of Tomorrow and World War Z.

I can get behind all of those, except Dune. I haven't seen any of the Dune movies, they are on my watch list though.

Favorite of all time is difficult. There are so many variables that can change an all-time favorite. That being said, I'll put together my favorite(s) of all time and why. ***

Good list!

I am a huge fan of Luc Besson, so ALL of his movies---Fifth Element, The Professional, The Messenger, La Femme Nikita, Lucy, Anna, Unleashed, Valerian, even more obscure ones like The Family, Adele Blanc or District B13---really hit my sweet spot.

Also a fan of Scorsese, the Coens, and the Wachowskis. Among many others. 🤣

Watch a LOT of movies, mostly online. I'd really have to break it down into not just genres, but subgenres, to do justice to a list.

But Fifth Element is still always at the top. Got it all. Incredible costuming, sets, FX, scenery chewing acting performances, wonderful balance of action, humor, pathos & social satire & an innovative film editing approach that has yet to be equaled.

All that said, for sheer world creation Mortal Engines is really starting to crowd a close second. What a spectacle.

~Boar

This thread has actually provided a good source for movies I've not watched or haven't seen in a looooong time.

I had never seen or heard of Memento so I watched it. I am not a fan of movies that do
"My name is Inigo Montoya" - Princess Bride
"If you build it, he will come" - Field of Dreams
"There are days that define your story beyond your life. Like the day they arrived." - Arrival
The Intouchables - French version
Most Tom Cruise movies
and probably 50 others depending on my mood.
Arrival is so good! Most Villeneuve movies are.