• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite movie of all time?

I can get behind all of those, except Dune. I haven't seen any of the Dune movies, they are on my watch list though.
I had high expectations for Part Two and I was still blown away.

My wife, who falls asleep watching just about anything, especially in the theater was wide-eyed and engaged throughout. That alone should speak louder than my recommendation. 😜

I thought of another one that I thought was great…“Southpaw” with Jake Gyllenhaal. I liked it so much that I watched it twice. On two consecutive nights!

Also, reading through all of your favorites made me realize how many classic movies I haven’t watched. So tonight, I start The Godfather.

I thought of another one that I thought was great…“Southpaw” with Jake Gyllenhaal. I liked it so much that I watched it twice. On two consecutive nights!

Also, reading through all of your favorites made me realize how many classic movies I haven’t watched. So tonight, I start The Godfather.
I’m curious what your thoughts are on it. Personally, I don’t feel like it lives up to the hype.

I’m curious what your thoughts are on it. Personally, I don’t feel like it lives up to the hype.
Referring to The Godfather? Will do, but you’ll need to be patient. Part of the reason I haven’t watched it is that I have a hard time committing to a 3+ hour movie. It might take me 3 or 4 days…😎

Favorite of all time is difficult. There are so many variables that can change an all-time favorite. That being said, I'll put together my favorite(s) of all time and why. *** Disclaimer, my top 3 are purely based on personal choice, not necessarily on quality of story, cinematography acting etc.

1. The Big Lebowski - I love Jeff Bridges and John Goodman in their roles. The story is, meh but the comedy, drama and obscurity flow well.

2. Nacho Libre - Jack Black was phenomenal. It's a family friendly movie that people of all ages can enjoy and relate to. One of the most quotable movies of all time. The comedy is effortless.

3. The Thin Red Line - This is one of the only war themed movies that I've watched that dives into the psychology of servicemen. There is an ubiquitous amount of inner monologue that gives it's audience a unique view of the who the characters are, based on their thoughts, emotions and motivations and how it impacts their actions.

4. Tombstone - The drama is fantastic. The cast is superb. I've always been a fan of Val Kilmer and his portrayal of Doc Holliday was profound. His line about one of the antagonists resonates in me. "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."

5. Dune: Part Two - One could argue that I have this one on the list due to recentism, but they'd lose. The book series is my favorite of all-time (first three books), so there may be some sentimental value added, I'll give you that. I could talk all day about this movie, but I'll keep this as concise as I can without giving any spoilers (There are few things I hate and spoilers are one of them) and I'll only consider the merits of the movie, not it's representation of the book. First off, this is a must-watch in the theaters movie. Dolby Atmos, or whatever the highest audio quality and largest screen available is recommended. Also, you need to watch Part One first. Part two is a cinematic masterpiece. Masterpiece. The writing, directing, acting are all great. Those are the big three that people look at. Denis Villeneuve's ability to submerge the audience into the story is on-par with George Lucas' in the original Star Wars trilogy and I'd put this movie up against Empire Strikes Back. Yeah, I went there. Here's why - in addition to the writing, directing and acting (acting was better in Dune) the cinematography is unrivaled by any movie I've seen in recent years and the score is both eloquent and gripping.

6. Inception - I love the concept of this movie. The cast is amazing and so is the acting. I'm a Christopher Nolan fan and this is one of his greatest films. This is a thought provoking movie that, well, if you've watched this movie, you know what I'm talking about.

I could easily put half a dozen or more movies on this list, but these ones check the most boxes for me. Here's a list of honorable mentions, in no order:
Donnie Darko, Black Swan, Lonesome Dove (Not a "movie"), Empire Strikes Back, Arrival, Lincoln, Prisoners, The Departed, Forest Gump, The Breakfast Club, Goonies, Ready Player One, Tron: Legacy, Tommy Boy, Home Alone, Unbreakable, The Game, Castaway, Edge of Tomorrow and World War Z.
The Game. 👍

Fight club
“The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything.”
I can’t believe I forgot about this one! There are few movies that I remember when and where… and who I was with when I watched it for the first time. The Matrix is also one.

Ripely was such a badass!

Did anyone else immediately think of Space Balls when they saw Aliens on this list?
I always enjoyed the parallels between Ripley and Sarah Connor. Both has to come face to face with their nightmares in the first movies, and instead of living in fear they confront them head-on, and become stronger in the sequels.

More to add, cause when it comes to lists I always miss the obvious answers.

Akira
Ghost In The Shell
The Big Lebowski
Kill Bill 1 and 2
The Godfather 1 and 2
Goodfellas

"The Disaster Artist"

I can watch that movie any time. The acting in it is so good. I mean, it's bad. But, it's supposed to be bad. That's why it's so good.