• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite vodka

I am a bartender in Philly, and love when idiots order Grey Goose Bloody Mary's, or Belvedere and cranberry, when Ketel One is a MUCH better vodka, and ALOT cheaper..

I am a bartender in Philly, and love when idiots order Grey Goose Bloody Mary's, or Belvedere and cranberry, when Ketel One is a MUCH better vodka, and ALOT cheaper..

I guess thats like saying "when idiots order Opus X, when Padron's are MUCH better and ALOT cheaper". ;) I actually don't like Ketel One, I usually only drink Grey Goose or Ciroc neat with an olive.

peoples opinions on vodka, can vary like anything else.. But when you are mixing the vodka with tomato juice, salt, pepper, horseradish, Al, tabasco, worcesthire (sp?) sauce, celery salt, lemon, and lime....does it really matter?

But, in agreement with you, if you are drinking them neat, choose your vodka accordingly.. I mean, as a Ketel One drinker, i would not order a ketel one bloody mary.. i would however have my Ketel One, up, chilled like crazy, no vermouth, with a lime!

Effen Black Cherry vodka with club soda!!! :thumbs:

(I just love asking a bartender for Effen vodka at a dive place... :laugh: )

I used to bartend in San Jose for a number of years, and I never understood why other idiot bartenders could call the people who give them tips names just because they order something they happen to enjoy.

Guess that makes me an even bigger idiot since I was a bartender and still like Grey Goose
:rolleyes:

Ive become fond of frozen Ciroc vodka neat. I'll have to try it with club soda sometime though!

ciroc.gif

-Zach

Another vote for Belvedere. It's a very smooth vodka. I also enjoy Chopin on occasion.

Yes. Exxactly. Belevedere, because Grey Goose has no character.

Also, to who ever it was that said their favorite drink is mountain dew and raspberry vodka...did you go to highschool in East TN and drive an early 80s, rust through special F150 (you know, the one you full of tires and what appeared to be compost?)

if you gotta mix vodka, I always mix smirnoff, and my favorite mixers are either orange juice, or just about any minute maid juice (except apple or grape)...

And I went to High school in east TN, but no rusted truck here :laugh:

Ciroc is fast becoming my neat Vodka - Still like 3 olives for mixing with tonic and lime

You think you can tell the difference between grey goose and ketel bloody mary's? I really doubt it. The overpowering taste will be mary mix then vodka. I could make a gilby's vodka mary when my customer asked for grey goose, and they would NEVER know the difference. And if they are rude I do :0 .

My favorite vodka right now is definately hangar one. A few dollars more then goose, but ohhhhhh sooooo smoooooth and tasty! They also have a few infused vodka's. Which I generally dont like, because they come off sweet and syrupy. But my experience with there lime, and orange blossom infused vodka's is a great vodka with the essence of blossom or lime. Good for the wife or girlfriend...

Happy drinking!

-Shawm

Wife and kids got me a bottle of Ciroc for Father's Day :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: - They also got me a new garbage can :angry: - OH well, you take the good with the bad

I like the 3 Olives myself, with 3 olives over ice. With mixes, I am not so particular.

Generally I keep at least 2 bottles of Level on hand for martinis or mixed drinks. I also always have several bottles of Svedka in the house, along with a case of Monster.

Non flavored vodka Balinoff same guy who makes Grey Goose. - for mixing
non flavored straight up -- Sterling, Ciroc or Smirnoff triple distilled
Flavored - any stoli is awesome

By the way that Russian vodka I think I might be able to get it. Here in Brooklyn there are plenty of Russian liquor stores and I am sure they will order a case if enough people want to try it.

My friend actually bought me a bottle of "Blavod" for my birthday. It's black vodka, made in Cali. I am usually a Absolute, or Grey Goose man.. and I usually mix it with Diet Vanilla Pepsi (awesome). I almost never can drink vodka straight... but this black vodka stuff is actually tasty enough to drink over the rocks. My friend told me that the liquor store owner, said that people either love it or hate it. I don't LOVE it, but I sure do like it. Price wise... a bottle was $22 - so in absolute vodka range, I guess. I am not going to try and pretend that it isn't cool to drink a black vodka... so there you have it :laugh:

steve

I can't believe that VOX was not mentioned. It is distilled one more times than either Grey Gulp or Smelvedere and is cheaper. Nice and smooth.

I drink Gordon's when mixing - I know I'm a cheap bastard.

We make a lot of vodka martinis, so we keep a lot on hand. We have tried a lot over the years, and we now keep two in the cabinet.

Smirnoff Triple Distilled.....We use this one the most, and keep a half gallon on hand at all times.

Grey Goose........We use this on special occasions and when requested by guests.

We are always trying new Vodkas, and the latest purchase is a vodka from Denmark, Danzka. We haven't cracked the bottle yet, but plan to do so this month.........

Danzka is another wheat vodka with an aluminium bottle. It was OK but nothing special in my and my wife's opinion.