• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

I finally placed the McConnell Perique tin smell - the Deer Park Tavern Saturday morning back before they cleaned it up. In other words, beer and vomit with a touch of vodka. Tastes great! :D I just tried it with Union Square and it was an improvement.

ewwww. Talk like that ain't getting me up there any sooner.
Dan! Did you ever visit the DP before the renovations? I guess it was over 20 years ago. Used to have much better food and prices but it was a mess structurally. They uncovered that tin ceiling in the process, too. The bar was completely redone form the joists up.

The old bathrooms were the most disgusting I'd ever smelled! :D

Had a good find today, stopped by a discount tobacco store hoping to find a tub of Carter Hall and was able to pick up a tub of the now discontinued Edgeworth Ready Rubbed! It was the only tub they had or I would have bought more. Can't wait to load up a cob and experience some great OTC burley. :thumbs:

Oh, got the CH too!

I never tried the Edgeworth but I saw a tub recently. Should I get it? ;)

I just bought a 10YO tin of Escudo and two 6YO tins of Briar Fox. Yum Yum

When I first got into cigars, I ordered so many that my 1 every week or so habit may keep me from ever reaching the end. Even with plenty of help from my friends I have enough cigars for years. Did I learn my lesson? I ordered a mizzou meerschaum and some blue note just to give it a try. Now I have 4 oz each of altadis mint julep, altadis nightcap, squadron leader, and C&D opening night on the way. I also have 12 MM pipes coming I bought off ebay (plenty for friends/guests to use) for about $25.

Edited to add that I ordered 16oz of blue note, not realizing exactly how much 16oz is. I'm still not sure how much it is, but it overflowed my largest mason.

When I first got into cigars, I ordered so many that my 1 every week or so habit may keep me from ever reaching the end. Even with plenty of help from my friends I have enough cigars for years. Did I learn my lesson? I ordered a mizzou meerschaum and some blue note just to give it a try. Now I have 4 oz each of altadis mint julep, altadis nightcap, squadron leader, and C&D opening night on the way. I also have 12 MM pipes coming I bought off ebay (plenty for friends/guests to use) for about $25.

Edited to add that I ordered 16oz of blue note, not realizing exactly how much 16oz is. I'm still not sure how much it is, but it overflowed my largest mason.

If you figure about 8-12 bowls per ounce, 16 oz. is a fair amount of tobacco. Remember, it's by weight, so it's a pound and the actual amount will vary with blend, cut,and moisture level.

I'm up to about 20 years worth of cigars and pipe tobacco given my frequency (or lack thereof). I'm still buying though. I plan on living longer than that. :)

Just purchased this: A Savinelli #2320 Rusticated because of all the overtime I made during my big case a couple of weeks ago.

2531_image.jpg

And I bought a couple of tins of stuff I like and stuff I wanted to try.

-Frog Morton On The Town (Haven't tried)
-St. James Flake (Tried and liked)
-Celtic Talisman (Tried and liked)
-SW Christmas Mixture 2007 (Haven't tried)

Now I have to wait till next week for it all to come in... Grr...

Very nice looking Sav, Q! I'm a fan of St James Flake. Another good VAPER is McClelland #2015, IMO.

I packed my Stanwell Danish Star with McClelland 2008 Christmas Cheer last night. I gotta buy a few more tins of this stuff! ;)

Steve

Where do you get the 2015 from? I've looked at a few sites and they don't carry it. I've read the reviews on it on tobacco reviews.com and it sounds great!

Hey, it ain't getting any less expensive, folks...

man I hear dat! I am still hooked on Boswells Best & Duhill3 year aged which is no longer made. :(

Where do you get the 2015 from? I've looked at a few sites and they don't carry it. I've read the reviews on it on tobacco reviews.com and it sounds great!
Try 4nogginsThey're my favorite pipe tobacco dealer. Great service by a family owned and operated company.

Doc.

Try 4nogginsThey're my favorite pipe tobacco dealer. Great service by a family owned and operated company.

Doc.
I'll second that! I always try to buy from smaller companies! Also, 4noggins is competitive, has a great selection, and a more personal service only a small company can give.

Christmas Cheer 2008 - hard to find but JR just sent me two tins. I added a tin of Squadron Leader for the hell of it.

Oh man. I just took a trip to Boswell's for the first time yesterday. There are no words to describe how I felt after walking in.

I ended up picking up some Berry cobbler, mild english, and a tin of what looks like McCelland's "Beacon"

I've read a lot of reviews about Beacon and everyone seems to be raving about it. Do any of you have any experience with this blend?

I just got two 10YO tins of McConnell Red Virginia. :)

Velani "Brandy" estate, my first estate pipe purchase.

velanibrandy020-1.jpg

velanibrandy017-1.jpg

velanibrandy014-1.jpg

Within the last two weeks I got my hands on the following:
IMG00199-20091020-1645.jpg

The 3 on blue are Savinelli's and the one on green is a Nording..

Just purchased a tin of Pembroke Choice English Cognac Blend from The Briary in Birmingham, Al. It may become my new favorite.

Within the last two weeks I got my hands on the following:
IMG00199-20091020-1645.jpg

The 3 on blue are Savinelli's and the one on green is a Nording..

laugh.gif
If you got that Nording off of Fleabay, I think I may have bid against you. It looks really familiar to the freehand that I wanted.

I got a tin of McC Dark Star and Gawith Skiff mixture. I had the skiff mix yesterday and it tastes like slightly sweet wood and smells like hickory smoked beef jerky.

A quick and efficient order from P&C.

2 Grand Orientals from McClelland - Smyrna #1 and Yenice Agonya
Also from McC - Christmas Cheer '09, Jubilee, Beacon, and the new 3 Oaks Syrian
Nording Fox Hound
Pease Key Largo

Most new to me, which makes this hobby so much fun!

Steve

Thank god for girlfriends and putting up with them for two years, right?

16034_202348442288_731882288_4007181_5530878_n.jpg

16034_202347932288_731882288_4007168_7522672_n.jpg

My newly acquired pipe crafted by J.M. himself =)(thanks to the lady friend). I think this may be the beginning of an awfully bad habit of buying pipes...