• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

No picture of this generous and understanding girlfriend? :)

Just joshing - nice looking Boswell, bro! :thumbs:

Steve

No picture of this generous and understanding girlfriend? :)

Just joshing - nice looking Boswell, bro! :thumbs:

Steve

Haha, thanks! I might have to throw a picture up sometime. Quite a looker, I like to think ;) Even better, I can get her to smoke with me most of the time too! (She's got a churchwarden)

Just started pipe smoking a few weeks ago and started with a corncob.

IMG_0394.jpg

After 3 kinds of tobacco (McBaren Scottish Blend, Robert McConnell Scottish Blend an Robert McConnel Maduro) i knew I had a new hobby beside cigars. So this week I orderd an Angelo Carbon Finish Pipe to get really started.

AngeloCarbon.jpg

I expect it to arrive on uesday or wednesday (at least i hope it wil arrive that quick) so I can break it in.

Nice looking pipe, WildBill. I hope it smokes for you as well as it looks.

Steve

Just started pipe smoking a few weeks ago and started with a corncob.

IMG_0394.jpg

After 3 kinds of tobacco (McBaren Scottish Blend, Robert McConnell Scottish Blend an Robert McConnel Maduro) i knew I had a new hobby beside cigars. So this week I orderd an Angelo Carbon Finish Pipe to get really started.

AngeloCarbon.jpg

I expect it to arrive on uesday or wednesday (at least i hope it wil arrive that quick) so I can break it in.

Nice pick up brother. Be careful with the MacBaren, the viper inside can bite at any moment without warning :)

Last week at Outlaw cigar I bought MacBaren Mixture, 2008 Christmas Cheer, and Stanwell Vanilla.

I was in the local tobacconist today, and saw a tin of "Squadron Leader" tobacco. I bought it.

I've thought of trying the pipe, and have seen that particular name come up a bit.

Since I am a hardcore cigar smoker, I was hoping I would get a decent amount of flavor and body from a pipe.

What I think I've taken away from my reading on the forum, is that this particular blend is fairly flavorful.

Now, if someone could tell me what style of pipe this blend is supposedly best in, I would be grateful.

I was in the local tobacconist today, and saw a tin of "Squadron Leader" tobacco. I bought it.

I've thought of trying the pipe, and have seen that particular name come up a bit.

Since I am a hardcore cigar smoker, I was hoping I would get a decent amount of flavor and body from a pipe.

What I think I've taken away from my reading on the forum, is that this particular blend is fairly flavorful.

Now, if someone could tell me what style of pipe this blend is supposedly best in, I would be grateful.

If you are first getting into pipe tobacco, I would buy a cob to see if you want to stick with it. A lot of cigar smokers don't like smoking a pipe (Not enough patience, a pipe is more work). So before you invest in a nice briar, just buy a cob for $5.

If you are first getting into pipe tobacco, I would buy a cob to see if you want to stick with it. A lot of cigar smokers don't like smoking a pipe (Not enough patience, a pipe is more work). So before you invest in a nice briar, just buy a cob for $5.

I have an amazing degree of patience. Damn it! :D

I was alluding to the school of thought that suggests certain styles, bowls, etc., are better with certain types of tobacco.

I'll will certainly pick up a cob, or two, as I have heard many times that they smoke just fine, but any more suggestions are welcome.

I have an amazing degree of patience. Damn it! :D

I was alluding to the school of thought that suggests certain styles, bowls, etc., are better with certain types of tobacco.

I'll will certainly pick up a cob, or two, as I have heard many times that they smoke just fine, but any more suggestions are welcome.

I have read a little on this blend. It's a virginia with latakia which sounds good, if you like latakia (Most cigar smokers do). Looking for the right pipe, hmmm, it depends. Some pipes smoke some blends better. I would probably smoke this with a straight pipe (I have noticed bent pipes can gurgle more often). But I always buy a pipe because I like the way it looks, and quality. If I see a bent pipe I really like, it's mine...

Flake is the type of tobacco that most like to smoke in a somewhat smaller bowl. Churchwardens, too. But Squadron Leader is not flake so any pipe is good. Also, latakia tends to leave a flavor behind in the bowl so many smokers smoke VAs in one bowl, latakia blends in another, etc.

With the onset of the cooler months, I find myself reaching for the pipe more often than a cigar!

Heres a couple quite reasonably priced items I picked up from the bay of e
biggrin.gif

Oldenkott Bent Rhodesian
OldenkottRhodesian.jpg

Aldo Velani Smooth Dublin
AldoVelaniDublin.jpg

Duncan Bent Dublin (?)
DuncanBentDublin.jpg

Falcon Rusticated Apple (Always wanted to try one of these)
FalconStraightRusticatedApple.jpg

Interesting pipes, bigwhiteash.

I also had a bit of luck on eBay. I have a birthday coming up on Sunday so I decided to spring for some Dunhill SS Medium from the 80's. $25!

It's seems in mint condition so I'm looking forward to cracking it in a couple days. :p

Should be pretty smooth after being vacuum sealed for 30 years!

Thanks!

I'm actually smoking the Aldo Velani right now, with a big bowl of Balkan Supreme. This pipe came to me in absolutely flawless condition, maybe smoked three times! Hit it with the canauba wax, and it shines like the sun!

I've been on a bit of a tear on ebay lately, I picked up a few Kirstens, a pair of interesting Yello-Bole "Featherweight Airograte" pipes that smoke quite well, and are great conversation pieces, along with a few lots of various pipes to practice my cleaning and restoration techniques.

Good Afternoon Fellas.

I just received my order from 4nog.
Its snowing out, a perfect excuse to sit inside and sample my new weeds.

The order-

Cornell & Diehl MISSISSIPPI MUD 2oz.

Samuel Gawith FIREDANCE FLAKE 50g

Solani 633 VIRGINIA FLAKE 50g

Cornell & Diehl KAJUN KAKE 2oz.

Ashton ARTISAN'S BLEND 50g

Solani 656 AGED BURLEY FLAKE

Reiner GOLDEN LABEL 100g

McClelland Grand Orientals CLASSIC SAMSUN 50g

Cornell & Diehl EPIPHANY 2oz

Hearth & Home Bulk ANNIVERSARY KAKE -Amount: 4oz

Hearth & Home Bulk MARBLE KAKE -Amount: 2oz.

Peter Stokkebye LUXURY BULLS EYE FLAKE - Amount: 2oz.

Hearth & Home Bulk CLASSIC BURLEY KAKE -Amount: 2oz.

Esoterica STONEHAVEN 2oz

Packing a bowl of Marble Kake right now.

Led :)

Had a bowl of Dunhill Black... it was decent. :) My wife is flaunting the Nat Sherman 509 that she got for her birthday from Garris. ;)

Good Afternoon Fellas.

I just received my order from 4nog.
Its snowing out, a perfect excuse to sit inside and sample my new weeds.

The order-

Cornell & Diehl MISSISSIPPI MUD 2oz.

Samuel Gawith FIREDANCE FLAKE 50g

Solani 633 VIRGINIA FLAKE 50g

Cornell & Diehl KAJUN KAKE 2oz.

Ashton ARTISAN'S BLEND 50g

Solani 656 AGED BURLEY FLAKE

Reiner GOLDEN LABEL 100g

McClelland Grand Orientals CLASSIC SAMSUN 50g

Cornell & Diehl EPIPHANY 2oz

Hearth & Home Bulk ANNIVERSARY KAKE -Amount: 4oz

Hearth & Home Bulk MARBLE KAKE -Amount: 2oz.

Peter Stokkebye LUXURY BULLS EYE FLAKE - Amount: 2oz.

Hearth & Home Bulk CLASSIC BURLEY KAKE -Amount: 2oz.

Esoterica STONEHAVEN 2oz

Packing a bowl of Marble Kake right now.

Led :)

Nice pickup. Just smoked some burley kake yesterday in my tekin meer. It is a great all day smoke that wont burn your tongue!!! :thumbs:

Here is my latest order from pipesandcigars.com:

2 GL Pease Chelsea Morning
2 McClelland Three Oaks Syrian
1 Robert Lewis 123

Should be here any day now!!! :)