• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats Your Latest Puchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swissy said:
puffnstuff said:
ooooooOOOOOOEEEY!

welcome to the club, Swissy.  ;)

c'mon then, tell us what ya got, specifically.
[snapback]185867[/snapback]​

SCREWED is what I got. Got them today and check these out...
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

they feel rather dry, and pieces are flaking off as you can see in pic #5. No names yet, but depending on how he responds I may be adding a name to the CigarThief site. In case anyone is wondering, this was a Yahoo Auction. My first screwing in an auction ever since I started on Ebay in 1998, and I've bought ALOT.

Crap.. happiness into pissy mood in less than the time it took to open a box.
:angry2: :angry:
[snapback]185889[/snapback]​
holy f*cking f*ck! :angry2:

well, regarding the seller, I'll be hoping for the best on your behalf.
that's so incredibly far beyond acceptable, he'd have to be a gargantuan prick not to refund your money for those.

ugh! seeing 1964's and 1926's in that state just feels so violating.

Arrrggggghhhhh my eyes my eyes!

Damn shame, giv'em hell for this.

OMG swissy I'm crying just looking at those pics I really hope the seller makes it right were they all like that? I just got screwed on ebay last month it SUCKS I know. Good luck.

Gratefully, none of the 1926's were in this lot. I bought them from someone else- I can only hope I fare better in that auction. This will be the LAST auction I do if that's the case, at least for cigars and Yahoo. Thank God CigarBid is run by a company...

Not all the cigars were falling apart like the ones shown.. but they were all dry. I pinch tested a number, and all the ones I did crinkled, a couple cracked and all were stiff. I quit after a small number were tested as I did not want to further damage them all.

This is the initial reply I got - I keep all my cigars between 64-68 I’m not trying to pull a fast one on you, to make it up to you I’ll send you a box of Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown Pyramid #9’s the box is still factory sealed plastic and all. My apologizes, I can only conclude that jostling during shipping may have resulted in some premature damage…if you want the box of Cuesta’s they are yours… they were packed rather poorly, as there was no padding in the humidor and they very easily could have been bouncing around inside the humidor during shipping (box was upside down on my doorstep) But there was no 'this side up' 'Fragile' 'Handle with Care' stickers, or anything like it. No bubble wrap, no stuffing paper, nothing to keep them from being shaken hard.

If anyone has an diagnosis (prefereably factual) on these cigars and the cause of thier condition, please post here- I sent the link to this batch of messages to the seller so he can see I am not alone in my unhappiness for these cigars. And be nice!, please... so I can get this resolved

Swissy said:
puffnstuff said:
ooooooOOOOOOEEEY!

welcome to the club, Swissy. ;)

c'mon then, tell us what ya got, specifically.
[snapback]185867[/snapback]​

SCREWED is what I got. Got them today and check these out...
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

they feel rather dry, and pieces are flaking off as you can see in pic #5. No names yet, but depending on how he responds I may be adding a name to the CigarThief site. In case anyone is wondering, this was a Yahoo Auction. My first screwing in an auction ever since I started on Ebay in 1998, and I've bought ALOT.

Crap.. happiness into pissy mood in less than the time it took to open a box.
:angry2: :angry:
[snapback]185889[/snapback]​

Hey Swissy... I have some similar to those, but i cant complain, i got them cheap. 3 out of the Fiver were good, but one i got looks like the cap on yours. This was from a friend of mine. He bought them at the airport in India, and tossed them in his luggage. I think that chimp from the Samsonite commercial then took the luggage and beat the snot out of it. At least three look good in mine., andi didnt pay alot. At least your not alone.

Swissy said:
This is the initial reply I got - I keep all my cigars between 64-68 I’m not trying to pull a fast one on you…
hmmm...
I keep 1964's in my desktop which has been stable at 65%-67% for long enough to know that they would/should never look (or feel) like the ones you've received.

the fact that they were packed so piss-poorly certainly doesn't help the condition that they're in now, but if you can feel that they're dry and brittle, then you got stiffed, regardless.

re-humidifying dried, cracked and brittle cigars is possible, but the rich, full flavor that you probably bought those cigars for is gone for good if the oils have dried out too much.

sorry to hijack the thread, first off...
but I put three of the cigars into a AF humidor bag, with no humidification, and a hygrometer. I'm letting them sit for a day to see what the RH ends up being. Hopefully, the level will be such that they are not too dried out (if at all) I did notice my other PAM's 'crinkled' a little when pinched, so maybe... just maybe it is a result of poor packaging. time will tell... with any luck I'llbe able to salvage them, if this guy is unwilling to settle this.

Jim

Swissy said:
just maybe it is a result of poor packaging. time will tell... with any luck I'llbe able to salvage them, if this guy is unwilling to settle this.

Jim
[snapback]185924[/snapback]​

Sorry for the bad sticks Swissy. :(
Talk about poor packaging :angry2: What did this person think would happen to loose cigars in a box? That is like putting them in a frezzer size ziplock, handing it to a toddler and letting them loos on a playground. If he won't takem back or refund partially take the "Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown Pyramid #9’s" he is offering only after he can SHOW PROOF that "the box is still factory sealed plastic and all."

Phillip

Ok... here's an update

Overnight, three cigars sat in a AF Humidor bag, sans humidifying pack. It hasn't been a full 24 hours yet (more like 16-18 right now) and the RH is down to 51%. It dropped like a rock down to 55% and then has sloowed way down until 51%. (this digital hygrometer has been tested NUMEROUS times over the last years to ensure accurate humidor environment!) It hasn't changed in over 3 hours. My question is, if this does not get resolved, will these cigars ever be the same? Is 51% too low to rehumidify and enjoy? At what point do you lose the oils forever??

Now that I have the RH, I'm emailing the seller and officially requesting a return. Between the piss-poor packing, and the resulting damage and a low RH I feel this is a strong base for a return request.

Wish me luck-

Get your money back Jim. Too many issues w/ the guy you purchased these from. I think tobaccoleaf1 has pretty good deals on his PAMs, check w/ him. He's a member here.

Piss poor dael for sure Jim. I would guess that the ****ty packing job did not
help the fact that they were probably not stored proper to shipping.

BACK TO THE THREAD>>>>>>

2 Anejo 50's $7.25 each
2 Anejo 55's $9.00 each
2 Anelo 77's $8.50 each

Never found them at MSRP before and could not believe it when I found them.

Swissy said:
Gratefully, none of the 1926's were in this lot. I bought them from someone else- I can only hope I fare better in that auction. This will be the LAST auction I do if that's the case, at least for cigars and Yahoo. Thank God CigarBid is run by a company...

Good man. Don't buy any cigars at auction unless you know the seller, and have confidence in them. Even then, it's rarely a good idea (though I have done it as well). Know your sources.

You clearly got screwed; good luck in getting refunded. If the guy didn't AT LEAST put bubble wrap in the packaging, he's a friggin moron.

Condolences to Swissy, hopefully everything works out for you.

Getting back to the original thread topic

I picked up
6 Gurkha Legend Aniversario Perfecto
10 Perdomo 2 Torfecto Maduro
20 Horsepower by Indian Tabac - 450HP
1 Natural by Drew Estate Egg
40 'Original Cubans' Churchill
5 Petrus Etiquette Rouge Royal Maduro Churchill
5 Perdomo 2 Exponente Cameroon
5 Sherpa Diablo Series Torpedo

Hmmm, I hope I don't run out.

1 padron 26 maduro #6
1 la Gloria cubana wavell
1 punch pita
1 R & J res. Maduro Lonsdale
1 java coffe wafe
1 carlos torano exodus 59 torpedo
1 graycliff pearl taco
1 tin of 10 zino platinum scepter xs 4 x 30 (best small cigar I’ve tried)
1 - 15 stick cigar caddy
1 cheapo v-cutter (never tried one. I like it)

Status
Not open for further replies.