• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Latest Purchase? 2016

Good lordy what a pull! Let me know how you like the La Colmena. I really enjoyed it.

I've heard fantastic things about it. For the price it was a low risk blind purchase.

On the downside, after playing twenty minutes of tetris, between the three boxes of CCs you send me and this haul, my coolidor is completely packed. I have a bit of room in my main cabinet, but not much. I'd be divorced before the actual wedding if I started another coolidor, so I'm just going to have to stuff my cigar shopping for a bit.

I've heard fantastic things about it. For the price it was a low risk blind purchase.

On the downside, after playing twenty minutes of tetris, between the three boxes of CCs you send me and this haul, my coolidor is completely packed. I have a bit of room in my main cabinet, but not much. I'd be divorced before the actual wedding if I started another coolidor, so I'm just going to have to stuff my cigar shopping for a bit.

And that's AFTER our massive trade? Well I guess the saying holds true. All of us cigar enthusiasts have exactly the same number of cigars. More than we can smoke, and less than we want. ;)

Yeah. Sadly taking a few cigars from each box doesn't make the box go away. So effectively I'm still using the same amount of space. Clearly the answer to this pressing problem is simply to smoke more cigars.

So I've been on a CC kick, but popped into a local B&M and saw this sitting there. Proprietor said they received a big shipment so I took the box. I haven't had any yet, the 888 looks like my kind of smoke in a world of ever increasing ring gauges.

So I've been on a CC kick, but popped into a local B&M and saw this sitting there. Proprietor said they received a big shipment so I took the box. I haven't had any yet, the 888 looks like my kind of smoke in a world of ever increasing ring gauges.

Was that up at Mike's?

Was that up at Mike's?

Nope, but he did have a pretty good selection of Opus for almost a month after they arrived. He's another shop where you can usually find the smaller ring gauge special shipment cigars after the larger ones are gone.

Please let me know if you like them, smoked a couple from the 2015 batch and didn't buy any more.

Yeah. Sadly taking a few cigars from each box doesn't make the box go away. So effectively I'm still using the same amount of space. Clearly the answer to this pressing problem is simply to smoke more cigars.

Yeah, heck of a problem, but I can help you out. Have room for about six more boxes before I'm full up, so you could hide some here.

BTW, let us know how those La Colemena do ya. Wish it was a 20 count box. $11 a stick is not friendly to my budget. But it does beat a Grape.

Please let me know if you like them, smoked a couple from the 2015 batch and didn't buy any more.

I'll probably try 1 or 2 then forget about them for a few years. I'll try to post up when I do. My reviews are more of a thumbs up or down style though. I'm a simple man lol!

I'll probably try 1 or 2 then forget about them for a few years. I'll try to post up when I do. My reviews are more of a thumbs up or down style though. I'm a simple man lol!

That's great if you do, it is easy to understand thumbs up or thumbs down and that's great for me. haha

Yeah, heck of a problem, but I can help you out. Have room for about six more boxes before I'm full up, so you could hide some here.

BTW, let us know how those La Colemena do ya. Wish it was a 20 count box. $11 a stick is not friendly to my budget. But it does beat a Grape.

Got the box for about $90 iirc. So there are deals to be had. Not that $9 a stick is that much better of a deal.

Got the box for about $90 iirc. So there are deals to be had. Not that $9 a stick is that much better of a deal.

Honestly, you'll like them. I bought one for $13 at my B&M expecting to be disappointed and actually I was pleasantly surprised. Not something I'd blow money on regularly, but I'd certainly buy a box at $9

Been wanting to try those La colmenas. Did you get those on a good deal? If so where and how much?

$92 plus $6 on shipping. But the shipping was split across a few other boxes. I browse Famous Smokes auction site pretty often and every so often they have cigars from Warped, Caldwell, RoMa, and others that aren't listed under the manufacturer's name and just by the cigar name. Those tend to get overlooked by those bidding on the DE LP and Acids which is fine by me. Just avoid getting in a bidding war against one other person. I just watched a box of Feral Pigs which retail for $170 get bid up over $210. People can be idiots.

Also keep in mind that FS has 20% off pretty often on a lot of these boutique brands, so know what your non-auction best price is so you don't over bid.

$92 plus $6 on shipping. But the shipping was split across a few other boxes. I browse Famous Smokes auction site pretty often and every so often they have cigars from Warped, Caldwell, RoMa, and others that aren't listed under the manufacturer's name and just by the cigar name. Those tend to get overlooked by those bidding on the DE LP and Acids which is fine by me. Just avoid getting in a bidding war against one other person. I just watched a box of Feral Pigs which retail for $170 get bid up over $210. People can be idiots.

Also keep in mind that FS has 20% off pretty often on a lot of these boutique brands, so know what your non-auction best price is so you don't over bid.
Yeah thats a good deal. I check out FS more often
Thanks!

Those are a great size. Really good with scotch and whiskey. Even better after they age a year or two. Do not let the ring gauge fool you. Those puppies have a punch. So take your time.