• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your most prized cigar(s) in your humi

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
I have two Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario's tucked away for my son and I to smoke when he graduates from High school. I have 9 more years to wait but it will be worth it. What's your most prized cigar in your collection and what special occasion are you waiting for to smoke it? I know I'll hear the "cigars are for smoking and not collecting" at some point, but I'm sure most of you have at least one tucked away that you're hesitant to put a flame to because of the rarity or age.

I have two Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario's tucked away for my son and I to smoke when he graduates from High school. I have 9 more years to wait but it will be worth it. What's your most prized cigar in your collection and what special occasion are you waiting for to smoke it? I know I'll hear the "cigars are for smoking and not collecting" at some point, but I'm sure most of you have at least one tucked away that you're hesitant to put a flame to because of the rarity or age.

I have one of the original LFD "Outlaw" cigars that Double D brought back for me when he was in Kansas taking care of his sick step-daughter.

I have no plans to smoke it anytime soon.

And I have my very first Padrón 40th Anni that I received from Infinity in my very first bomb. Its just too pretty to smoke and I have no idea when I might get another.

Thats about it :)

I too have a couple Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario's stashed at the bottom of the humi. I don't know what I am waiting for other than down time in the humi! Maybe I will enjoy it with my son in-law, no wait that is 25 or more years away!!! :0 I know, I will light one up when the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year :thumbs:

Thats gonna be the one's I spent the most money on of coarse :rolleyes:

Fuente Aged Selection Lancero 2004

I was gifted a RYJ Churchill from 1992 that i just can't bring myself to smoke yet. Other than that, i smoke 'em, but still looking for a good 2 hrs of time to burn the BBMF...

Have you smoked a Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario? Is it the $40 price tag that has inspired you to store these for 9 years or,
have you just chosen this smoke(could be any smoke), to lay down for a special occasion? IMO, there are better smokes at half
the price, although it should improve in 9 years.

BTW, when you hit 50, every day you wake up is a special occasion...mmmm, actually....regardless of your age, every day should be a special occasion! :whistling:
So, why don't you celebrate life and light up those two smokes now in honor of your son. Take a photograph to show him in 9 years, hell, the way we are treating this world
we may not have electricity in 9 years time to store anything. :laugh:

I have 2 1956 Punch left. I had 3 but smoked one on my 50th birthday, I'll have one on my 60th and the last on my 70th. Other then that, a Gold Medal, 2 Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario and a 1998 Opus "A" top my stash.

Ive got a couple PMMs left I will be saving. I burned one when my son was born. I also have a Monte from my honeymoon 2+ years ago. I think I will save that for maybe my 5 year. As for the others who knows/

Damon

BTW, when you hit 50, every day you wake up is a special occasion...mmmm, actually....regardless of your age, every day should be a special occasion! :whistling:

Well said they are all special and I smoke them as they come around. I have a few that were supposed to be smoked this summer and things got away, so the fall will be the right time. I have the usual suspects waiting to be burned. Cigars from the 80s and 90s that are calling my name on a daily basis.

I can proudly say, not really. Not anymore. Cigars are for smoking! :D

Some of the best cigars I have were gifts from BOTL's along the way, making them even more special to me. I have two OR Anejos, and three Milleniums that were gifted to me. I have an OpusX "A" in a finished coffin...pretty cool.

This year marks my 50th birthday and I think one of the OR's and one of the Milleniums may go the way of the flame, along with some very special grog I've been saving for just this occasion..... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I can proudly say, not really. Not anymore. Cigars are for smoking! :D

I see you've finally come around :laugh:

The cigars I've put up aren't actually very good cigars, they just have some sentimental value for me. I bought a box of S.T. Dupont cigars to hand out when my oldest son was born. They were all I could afford at the time (I was flat broke, and they were half off because the blend was changing from Dominican to Nicaraguan), but I was proud to hand them out nonetheless. I saved two of them for my son and I to share on his 18th birthday. Like I said, not great cigars, but maybe 18 years in the humi will help them out!

For my youngest, I put up a couple of Tatuajes that I bought on the day he was born. I'm doing the same thing for him, but I'll have to remind him not to tell his brother that he got a much better cigar :laugh:

God of fire 2004, will go up in smoke when the cubs win the pennant, recieved in last years secret santa. :)

I've got a Cohiba 30 Aniversario Siglo V '96 that is waiting to be smoked!! As soon as my girls are born, which should be any day now...it will get sparked!!!

A few other nice ones stashed away for special occasions as well!

I have a few that I keep looking at and can't bring myself to smoke. The 80's Davidoffs, and the 50's and 60's Dunhills top the list. The man I got them from is sorta famous, making it that much harder. He did stipulate that they were for smoking. :whistling: I have not really thought of the special ocassion for them yet.

I have some Casa Fuente house blends resting as well as some Coheeba's from 2002. No special occasions to smoke them, as KB stated, cigars are for smoking.
Rob