• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your most prized cigar(s) in your humi

Never had a prized or hard to get cigar. Dont really know what I would do with if I did...Probably smoke that sucker! Then what would I do if really liked it?

I have 4 I'm saving with 3 special events in mind.

I have 3 GOF's and a Padron '64 "A". The Padron will be torched June 30th 2009 when we renew our vows for our 30th Anniversary. One GOF will be smoked on my daughters wedding, a second GOF on the birth of her first child and the third GOF will be smoked ............... who knows.

The cigar I smoke once a year is the rare Padron Anniversary Millennium. I smoke it on my birthday as a treat.
Too bad I only have 10 left!

I'm going to have to burn one of these someday .....

Most prized for me would also have to be the ones gifted to me by my CP BOTL's

:cool:

I was blessed to be gifted a 3pack of Siglo VI. Will smoke the first 2 when I see my Dad for the first time after I get back from Iraq. I am thinking about saving the the 3rd for right after I bury my Daughter's first boyfriend....

I am also holding on to DPG JJ Solomon, and Padron Anni Imperial. Not sure why though....

Tim

Bring him on over, i've already got a hole dug, there's room for 1 more (i have 16yo twin daughters)

This is an interesting topic and its fun for me to read because as I will explain.....I don't understand the facination with saving this cigar for that occasion. What if you get your hands on a Cohiba Lancero and you care for it lovingly for the next 15 years waiting for your kid to graduate college and the damn thing is plugged? That would suck.

I have an "inventory" not a collection and thus there isn't one cigar in it the fridge or the overflow cooler that is off limits or reserved for any particular occasion. I frankly don't understand doing that. The only thing I reserve is that I smoke an "A" sized cigar on my B-day. No particular brand, just that I reserve the three hours that one day a year and I pull a big boy. I never have the time and so that is my treat. But that treat is really the time, not the cigar.

If you want to know the rarest, I have one Cuban Davidoff. I am saving it for the day I feel like smoking it. Could be today, could be never. Could be one of you wants it and offers me a trade for it and I say OK. You never know.

As for something that might be sentimental, I kept one Tampa made El Sol lancero from the bundle I passed out when my Son arrived 13 years ago. But again, if the mood strikes me. It gets torched.

To me they are just cigars. I don't attach emotion to them. I smoke what I want, from what I have, whenever I feel like it.

Ill take you up on that trade for the Davidoff
Pm me if you were serious :blush:

This is an interesting topic and its fun for me to read because as I will explain.....I don't understand the facination with saving this cigar for that occasion. What if you get your hands on a Cohiba Lancero and you care for it lovingly for the next 15 years waiting for your kid to graduate college and the damn thing is plugged? That would suck.

I have an "inventory" not a collection and thus there isn't one cigar in it the fridge or the overflow cooler that is off limits or reserved for any particular occasion. I frankly don't understand doing that. The only thing I reserve is that I smoke an "A" sized cigar on my B-day. No particular brand, just that I reserve the three hours that one day a year and I pull a big boy. I never have the time and so that is my treat. But that treat is really the time, not the cigar.

If you want to know the rarest, I have one Cuban Davidoff. I am saving it for the day I feel like smoking it. Could be today, could be never. Could be one of you wants it and offers me a trade for it and I say OK. You never know.

As for something that might be sentimental, I kept one Tampa made El Sol lancero from the bundle I passed out when my Son arrived 13 years ago. But again, if the mood strikes me. It gets torched.

To me they are just cigars. I don't attach emotion to them. I smoke what I want, from what I have, whenever I feel like it.

I was blessed to be gifted a 3pack of Siglo VI. Will smoke the first 2 when I see my Dad for the first time after I get back from Iraq. I am thinking about saving the the 3rd for right after I bury my Daughter's first boyfriend....

I am also holding on to DPG JJ Solomon, and Padron Anni Imperial. Not sure why though....

Tim

Bring him on over, i've already got a hole dug, there's room for 1 more (i have 16yo twin daughters)

Well the little Princess is only 3, but as a soldier, I am always down for "training"......

Tim

I have two fake Bolivar Belicoso Finos left from a box I bought in Moscow when we picked up our boys. They are being saved for them, if and when they decide to start smoking cigars. They suck and will probably still suck then. That way, they will hate cigar smoking and leave my sh*t alone. Other than that, I have a bunch of pretty rare stuff I will be burning at the LOL Herf in a couple of weeks and a Dom Perignon to go along with a bottle of Opus One to smoke on the beach in Jamaica on our 15th wedding anniversary, October 10th.

I knew everyones opinion on this would vary....there would be some that keep a certain cigar for a special occasion and some that would say they don't keep 'em, just smoke 'em. I was just curious as to what special cigar some of you might be saving and what occasion it's being saved for. As far as caring for one for 15 years and the thing being plugged, sure I'd be pissed, but at the same time I certainly wouldn't let those emotions overcome the joy of the occasion it was saved for. A thread like this lets you get to know a little something about the BOTL's/SOTL's here that you might not ordinarily find out....that's why I started it.

I have two fake Bolivar Belicoso Finos left from a box I bought in Moscow when we picked up our boys. They are being saved for them, if and when they decide to start smoking cigars. They suck and will probably still suck then. That way, they will hate cigar smoking and leave my sh*t alone. Other than that, I have a bunch of pretty rare stuff I will be burning at the LOL Herf in a couple of weeks and a Dom Perignon to go along with a bottle of Opus One to smoke on the beach in Jamaica on our 15th wedding anniversary, October 10th.

That, right there, is funny stuff.

Just a bump instead of making a new thread. Mine are:

Cohiba Sublime EL 2004
BBMF & BBMF Maduro
Taboada Dom Perignon (Gifted Recently)

I was gifted a GOF Don Carlos when I bought my house last summer, and saved if for my 50th birthday last fall. My SS last year sent me, among other wonderful things, a Johnny O "behike" . . . I don't know when I'm going to be able to bring myself to smoke that gorgeous monster, but I do know that sooner or later, I will.

Like Ron White says, I can't really call what I have a cigar collection, because I fully intend to smoke every last one of them. :laugh:

~Boar

I have a Fuente Añejo Reserva No.55 that was gifted to me by Jon (Cabaiguan Juan)--I intend to smoke it on my 21st birthday.

When I have the means, Jon, take cover.

I have a BBMF that I was saving for when I took delivery of my first BMW. Unfortunately, since the lay off, I will not be taking delivery of said vehicle. I will have to think of something else to celebrate.

My 19 year old daughter gave me a Padron Serie 26 No. 9 for my birthday a few months back because the guy at the B&M told her it won cigar of the year for 2008. This nearly brought a tear to my eye and so far I haven't been able to put it to the torch.

Mine would be a La Aurora Preferido Gold Tube Corojo that my wife got me on our honeymoon to be smoked on our 10th. Other then that I would say my most prized cigars would be the Mx3's I have.

Wow, have things changed since I started this thread a couple years ago. I've taken to Infinity's "every day is a special day" mentality and have been smoking my good stuff since he died. It's a shame it took that for me to see things this way. I have a Cuban Davidoff #1 from '81 that won't be burned until I'm in the company of one of my good friends. That's really the only one I'm saving nowadays.

I have a few in mind. I plan on smoking an Illusione Culebra with my Dad and my brother (only sibling) on the first day of trout fishing (PA) in 2 weeks. This is because I am thinking of accepting a position in Sarasota, FL that would begin June 1 of this year, and it may be the last first day of trout I get to do with them for a long time. I love them both and want to cherish the day. I also plan on smoking a GOF that day and gifting one to each of them. After my first day of work at the new job, I'm thinking of smoking an Illusione ~1~ tha I recently purchased while watching the sun go down over the gulf of Mexico. On my 1st wedding anniversary I plan on smoking my Opus X "A" as well as a cigar I bought at the resort we stayed at in Mexico on our honeymoon! So yeah, I have a few, but I plan on smoking ALL of them!

Would have to be my 80s dunhill mojitos, VSG ER Churchill, Partagas 155 109 (cuban), the 97 Cohiba Esplendido im smoking on my 30th bday, and the custom rolled solomone from the Partagas factory rolled with Cohiba and Trinidad filler/binder. All of these were gifts to me with the exception of the dunhills, so that makes them even more enjoyable.

By the end of the summer most of them will be smoked! :D

The only cigar I have that isn't at risk of going up in flame any given time is an opus maduro lancero. The reason is I have smoked them before and can honestly say they are my favorite cigar and, since I really can't get more, worth saving for sometime special.