• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Fuente Opus X is your Favorite?

Mr. Keepin' it Real checking in.

I don't think Opus are all that. In general, I don't like the flavor profiles and I absolutely hate the fact that they seemed to be crafted with stupidly high nicotine content. IMO, there are better tasting cigars out there for the same money or far less that won't make you sick. If you made me choose one from the regular line it would be the Fuente Fuente.

If you are susceptable to "nicotine poisoning" then pass on the Opus line. Even after 20 years of this hobby I am still trying to understand the allure of cigars that kick your ass. To each his own.

I would agree with those who wrote that the forbidden lancero is the best of the bunch. I've smoked a few of those and although I tossed them halfway through in order to keep my dinner down they did have the best flavor profile of any opus I have had before or since.

I find that the larger vitolas of Opus aren't strong at all.
The small ones pack more of a punch but personally I rarely find them overpowering on the nicotine.

The lancero did kick my ass though!
With deliciousness and nicotine!

Opus aren't the grail of cigars.
They are good tasting and well made.
The are fun to acquire and collect at MSRP.
Put some age on em for a treat!

If you haven't tried em, give em a shot!
If you don't like em...
Send em to me!

The only one I haven't smoked is the A...
Trying to put some age on the 2 I got.

My favs are the PL and RdC.

-Rob

Having only smoked a few vitolas so far I would have to say my favs are the PL and xXx. With a few years of age on them they really mellow out and aren't as powerful as they are fresh.

By far my favorites are the Super Belicoso and the XxX Power Ranger. I agree with an earlier post that the smaller cigars have a lot more kick to them. That said, I have a Chili Pepper that is way over due and I am very interested to see where this will rank in my favorites. I tried a BTL's for the first time last night. It was a little disappointing but it was was of those experiences where you say "okay this is just okay" but then you find yourself smoking it down to the nub. So I would characterize it as a solid cigar from tip to tip but not that "WOW factor" that you might find with other smokes.

Well, being that I have only had one and it was a No. 4 Perfecxion, I guess that is my favorite.

I love the Petite Lancero and xXx...and the RDC..and the No. 4..well and 5. I don't know which I would call my favorite, they are all just so good.

The one that's in my hand. Most favorite RdC, FF, and Robo. My least favorite are the No. 4 and Perf X.

The Opus X Stingertip Beedog is by far the best. Unfortunately they are very rare, Andrew doesn't even have a picture of one!

PL, Perf X, RDC, DC, and of course the lancero and maduros! I need to smoke more opus maduros though.

Just shows how everyone likes something different. Personally, I love the #5's and #4's, PL's, super belicoso, Perf X, FF. I'm not as much of a fan of the larger vitolas ie DC or RdC, #2's used to be great but haven't seen em around in a bit. And contrary to a few, I'm not fond of the robusto though I love the size in general. G1