• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Fuente Opus X is your Favorite?

The lancero is one hell of a smoke! By far the best Opus I have had the pleasure of enjoying. Also the only one to make me sorry for an hour or so afterwards!!! :D

As far as the regular line, the Opus X PL is my fav..nice size and good little powerhouse for me.

my favorite so far has been the power ranger xxx. You can buy a pretty decent selection from cigarsdirect.com. They have been the only website I have found with opus's in stock.

Yeah, a great website to go to if you like getting fucked in the ass in terms of price gouging.

I don't think they are great, I just can't find anyone else with them in stock...do you know of any?

All of them...but even Opus have hit and misses. If you want mild, try a Reserva d'Chateau. If you are wanting something with a kick, a #5 will fit the bill. Power Rangers isn't as strong as the #5 generally. If you want something really special, the Lancero or Scorpio is both fine smokes.

If you want something with a real kick, pick up a Chili Pepper. My first was the Super Belicoso and that is how my Opus kick started. I smoked 3 of them in a span of several years due to the fact I only have a $100 a month cigar budget at the time. Now its much different and I can afford any of them and do. :thumbs:

That's a tough call. I would have to say that the #5, the Petite Lancero, and the Forbidden X Lancero have given me the most consistent satisfaction. That said, I've smoked occasional sticks in the other sizes that were just phenomenal. I suppose the little guys showcase the wrapper very well.

I like that lil #5. It's a mighty mouse. Not very big but lasts for an hour or more. Awesome smoke so thick you can chew it.

Just send me your addy Scuba and I will make this much easier for you. I've smoked enough Opus in my time and confident I can pick out a great one for your first Opus. :whistling:

The petite lancero for me is the hands down winner and in a close second is the #5. Can you really go wrong with any of them though? I think not!

Super Belicoso, of the ones I've tried . . . guess I've had about 4-5 different of the usual suspects. Those Belis rocked my world! :thumbs:

First xXx I had, I was distinctly underwhelmed. Had one with some age on it off a current box pass here and I must say, time does VERY good things to Power Rangers. :D

~Boar

Holy smokes bat man!!!!!!! my tiny little brain is about to explode! Is there a bad Opus?

Holy smokes bat man!!!!!!! my tiny little brain is about to explode! Is there a bad Opus?

Not really. I prefer the robusto and the super belicoso, but I wouldn't pass up any of them. Now, PM Mr. Peat and get your addiction started.

This was a gift to myself for my birthday :thumbs: :cool:

OpusXPL001.jpg

OpusXPL003.jpg

Dang, Bill, are you sure you are up to the Opus X level yet?

If I were you, I'd start off with the Perf 4, 5, or Petite Lancero. Anything larger, you may not want to smoke again.

Even seasoned smokers get sneak-attacked by an Opus X every now and then.

Perf X, because that's the one I was able to find a bunch of lately and had the pleasure to smoke.

Dang, Bill, are you sure you are up to the Opus X level yet?

If I were you, I'd start off with the Perf 4, 5, or Petite Lancero. Anything larger, you may not want to smoke again.

Even seasoned smokers get sneak-attacked by an Opus X every now and then.

I never said I was smart (remember the poker game!)............ :sign:

Mr. Keepin' it Real checking in.

I don't think Opus are all that. In general, I don't like the flavor profiles and I absolutely hate the fact that they seemed to be crafted with stupidly high nicotine content. IMO, there are better tasting cigars out there for the same money or far less that won't make you sick. If you made me choose one from the regular line it would be the Fuente Fuente.

If you are susceptable to "nicotine poisoning" then pass on the Opus line. Even after 20 years of this hobby I am still trying to understand the allure of cigars that kick your ass. To each his own.

I would agree with those who wrote that the forbidden lancero is the best of the bunch. I've smoked a few of those and although I tossed them halfway through in order to keep my dinner down they did have the best flavor profile of any opus I have had before or since.