• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WHich Habano?

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
I was wondering what a reasonabley priced.. great tasting Habano would be.

These are my choices..
What would you guys recommend and why..

I enjoy the taste of PAM's and OPUS.. so anythign along those lines.. (I KNOW CUBANS ARE WAY BETTER THAN NC) But just a reference into the type of tastes I am looking for thanks..

H. Upmann Magnum 46
H. Upmann upmann NO.2
party Connisouer No.1
Boli COronas Gigantes
Diplomaticos #4
RYJ exhibacion No.4
Trinidad robusto
R A Belvederes?

The first one you listed. . ..

The H. Upman Magnum 46 would be my choice. WHAT AN EXCELLENT CIGAR! ! ! Particularly for the price.

I LOVE THIS CIGAR! ! !

That would do it for me.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

Although none of those on the list taste much like the NC's mentioned I think, pricewise, I might say the Upmann 46 is a reasonably priced smoke that tastes good. There are some others that are not too expensive which are also good choices and I'm sure you will hear about those in the posts to follow, like RASS etc.

I have smoked a cple rass so I wanted to try something different..

Isn't it funny that we are calling $7-$8 cigars "reasonably priced"? Reasonably not too long ago was $3-$5, and still is in some conversations.

H. Upmann Magnum 46 Great cigar, while opinions always differ on cigars I don't know anyone who does not like these.

party Connisouer No.1 Could be the best that Partagas has to offer. They are great with some age on them. I'm thinking of picking up some 98s in the near future myself.

Boli COronas Gigantes- Tons of great Boli flavor. I like 'em.

Diplomaticos #4- I like them for the am or daytime, too mild for an after dinner smoke. Very similar to the Monte blend only milder and sweeter

RYJ exhibacion No. 4 - Another good choice, a bit on the mild side for an RyJ, I prefer the Belis and Churchills over these

The Monte Ex.#4 has become my favorite of the Cubans, always excepting the Cuaba line, of course. :)
MRN says the Cuabas should be aged for 4-5 years. No way one will ever last that long in my humi! :laugh:

same as threei...short review of the ones i have tried(bearing in mind robustos/churchills/pyramids are not my "size")more than a few of...

upmann mag46...best upmann has to offer(now that super coronas have been discontinued)and what i reach for when i want a "larger" smoke.

upmann #2...only had one(was not impressed)

partagas...serie du connaisseur #1...may be (as threei said)the best line partagas has to offer but i prefer the serie du connaisseur #2...need 5 years minimum.

boli cg...IMO the strongest and best churchill...not for everyone and must be 5 or 6 or 7 years old to smoke.

diplomaticos #4...my size and i love em

ryj ex#4...only had a few...good cigar and a bit easier to smoke than a robusto

trinidad robusto...didnt even know there was/is one

ra belvederes...never had one

derrek :D

Skip all of them and go straight to the Cohiba Robusto :love:

Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 :D

ricmac25 said:
psyktek said:
The Monte Ex.#4 has become my favorite of the Cubans...

Did you mean Monte 4 or RyJ Ex 4?
[snapback]155284[/snapback]​

Aaargghh! The RyJ! (Wonder how long it'll take Neal to show up for this one?) :laugh:

psyktek said:
MRN says the Cuabas should be aged for 4-5 years. No way one will ever last that long in my humi! :laugh:
[snapback]155258[/snapback]​

I have not tried a Cuaba yet. Which one would you reccomend (except the Salomones). I checked out a couple vendors and it looks like 98s are plentiful and not too pricey, the Generosos, Tradicionales, and Divinos all for around $150.

For my tastes I think the Divino is too short; and MRN states they are the strongest of the four sizes. I've had the Generosos and I like those a lot.

You would think the Divino would make a nice short smoke, but they burn very slowly. This is true of all the sizes I've had. Let me know how you like the older ones. :)

I would not recommend the Trinidads for smoking anytime soon. I would recommend Partagas shorts as a resonably priced Habana that delivers in the flavor department.

Emo

San Cristobal
Saint Luis Rey
Ramon Allones
Vegas Robaina
Punch
H. Upmann

Those are my top six (in that order) but I'll take ANY Havana ANY time, even those over rated Cohibas :D

For a machine made "value" cigar, I don't think the Quintero Brevas can be beat.