• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who is your MVP candidate?

True, and it doesn't hurt that Brady is throwing to the people he is and has been for years. Running an offense he has for years. Behind a coach and staff that has been there for years. I appreciate what Brady does, but it is "Same 'Ol" thing to me. With Manning, coming off the surgeries and rehab. Going to a new team, offense, personnel coaching staff and everything, I don't see how you don't give it to him. I agree that Brady is having a terrific year, but not like Manning is having after the expectations. If Manning would not have come back and played the way he has, we here in Denver would not be talking about football right now. There was NO plan B.

One player that isn't given much attention, Is Calvin Johnson.

Has 96 Rec and 1,546 yards so far with three games to go. Personally, I think the Rec. Record is more feasible to surpass than the Rushing record. I mean three games to go with only 302 yards to tie the record of 1,848 yds set by Jerry Rice in 1995.

With Peterson he has 1,600 yards with three games to go, but has to reach 2,105 yards which is 505 yards in 3 games, which is possible but not as feasible as Johnson is to break the receiving record. Put it this way the year that Jamal Lewis had a season where he almost broke the record with 2,066 yards in 2003 he didnt win the MVP a guy named P. Manning and Steve McNair won the MVP that year.

With that being say the only way Peterson gets the MVP is if he breaks the record or else it will go to a Manning or Brady (both on winning teams when Peterson is not). But I wonder if C. Johnson breaks the single season Rec. Record would that put him in the talks as an MVP like it is with Peterson?

David

One player that isn't given much attention, Is Calvin Johnson.

Has 96 Rec and 1,546 yards so far with three games to go. Personally, I think the Rec. Record is more feasible to surpass than the Rushing record. I mean three games to go with only 302 yards to tie the record of 1,848 yds set by Jerry Rice in 1995.

With Peterson he has 1,600 yards with three games to go, but has to reach 2,105 yards which is 505 yards in 3 games, which is possible but not as feasible as Johnson is to break the receiving record. Put it this way the year that Jamal Lewis had a season where he almost broke the record with 2,066 yards in 2003 he didnt win the MVP a guy named P. Manning and Steve McNair won the MVP that year.

With that being say the only way Peterson gets the MVP is if he breaks the record or else it will go to a Manning or Brady (both on winning teams when Peterson is not). But I wonder if C. Johnson breaks the single season Rec. Record would that put him in the talks as an MVP like it is with Peterson?

David

Gotta love Megatron!

Yesterday was an awesome awesome day for both C. Johnson and A. Peterson, however AP came out on the winning end while Detroit, just, ummmm sucks.

Two weeks to go.

AP- has 1812 yards, he is trailing Eric Dickerson by 293 yards who set the record of 2,105 yards in 1984.
CJ-has 1667 yards, he is trailing Jerry Rice by 181 yards who set the record of 1,848 yards in 1995.

Also, I take back my MVP vote, it hands down goes to AP, I did not realize that the Vikings are very very much alive in the playoff hunt sitting in the 6th seed right now.

David

Right now at the speed thing are going most of you guys are right it a toss up between :

PM
AP
CJ

I'm partial to PM but then again...I just a Broncos fan so ;-)

(Bye week here we come ? lol)

Romo

Nuff said!

Did you guys not see this???

We figured you hit your head or drank too much... It's ok we can help you with your problem!

Right now at the speed thing are going most of you guys are right it a toss up between :

PM
AP
CJ

I'm partial to PM but then again...I just a Broncos fan so ;-)

(Bye week here we come ? lol)

you forgot TB... :laugh:

Brady blew his chance Sunday night. 2 man race between AP and Manning.

I guess you missed that he threw for 443 yards and is at 4276 on the season.

Is be happy for manning he's a great player but who are we kidding AP is going to get it when he breaks the record.

AP won't get it if the Vikings don't make the playoffs. Throwing for 443 yards in a loss reminds me of a certain Super Bowl. Haha, I do believe that AP deserves it, just really hard for the voters to give it to him. Especially after the years Manning and Brady are having.

Manning deserves it because his presence made the Broncos real contenders but if AP breaks the record it's probably going to him.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10120]

AP won't get it if the Vikings don't make the playoffs. Throwing for 443 yards in a loss reminds me of a certain Super Bowl. Haha, I do believe that AP deserves it, just really hard for the voters to give it to him. Especially after the years Manning and Brady are having.

What, was that how many Elway through for in one of his many lossing efforts? For Denver I guess it's just good being relavent....

This. Just like the last RB that ran for 2000+ yards and his team didn't make the playoffs (Chris Johnson), he didn't win the MVP. If the Vikings make the playoffs, Peterson wins. If they don't, Manning gets the MVP and AP gets Offensive PotY and Comeback PotY

A rookie is not going to win the MVP. AP I'd going to get comeback player. The MVP is between Manning and Brady. With Manning winning by the slimmest of margins. If he did not have all the circumstances, than Brady would have rum away with it.

Funny! I had the same conversation with a co-worker a few weeks ago. "A Freshman will never win the Heisman Trophy" he said with authority when I said it would be Manzel over Teo.

We should be trying to determine NFC/AFC championship combinations instead at this point.

I say.........
Broncos and New England AFC (which would be fuggin awesome)
San Fran and Green Bay NFC

Maybe Atlanta will make it this year if they don't choke in the playoffs. :laugh:

True John, but I think you have had one to many Plinys on this occasion. ;) :D

I do see your point, but we are talking about two entirely different awards. The NFL is a whole different animal when it comes to the code. It was amazing that Manziel won the award, and all three were really deserving for the year he had. Now they will start to say a True Freshman will never win it. Will one ever do it, the chances are higher on that than a rookie winning the MVP award in the NFL. I would love to be proved wrong on it.

I love your predictions. Both those games would be epic. Especially if they were played in Denver and GB. I don't give Atlanta much of a shot unless they figure out how to be more consistent on offense. I think Houston is going to be tough to beat at their place. How many have clinched a spot in the playoffs from each side? I think it is only like three or four for each.

This is going to be really close. I can't wait for these playoffs, and all to come. The MVP, Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP, Comeback, and Rookie awards are all going to be close. We get to see 3 Rookie QB's take their game to the postseason provided RGIII comes through tonight. This is going to be one of the best postseasons in history. I will especially like the outcome if the Broncos come out on top.

As a Denver fan I hope it is Manning. I think Brady has a very good chance as well, but as has been stated I think the "feel good" factor will help both Manning and AP. If I had to guess I would say Manning, but I think AP has a shot.