• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who wants to herf with pete johnson..

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcsheldon

CP's official Architect
yeah, seriously. ive worked out a "one of a kind" tasting with pete johsonof tatuaje to do a tasting with En Fuego Tobacco Shop (which is located literally feet from beautiful lake ray hubbard) on the afternoon of saturday, may 17th.

you get a ticket with any in stock box purchase of a brown label tat or a cabaiguan. (as of now, we have all sizes)

here's what you get: 3 special sizes of black labels (only available at tastings), two additional brown labels or cabaiguans, tat cutter, a tat cap and a 90 minute sail with pete himself while puffing on a stogie. ill also provide lunch and drinks.

this is extremely limited to only about 25 people. there's even going to be a writer/photographer from a certain cigar publication on board writing an entire article on this event.

this should be alot of fun and a good excuse for some of you guys to come to dallas for a herf. call me at the shop for more details. ill mail cigars out to anyone who wants me to.

972-771-4888

ill post a pic of the boat later this week if its not sold out yet.

This sounds like a blast! Wish I could be there.

Nice offer there Marc, If I could pull off a box purchase and get off work I would be all over this. I am going to try and come by there for the first time on the afternoon of May 2nd on my way to Dean's Send Off. Hope you'll be there?
B

Damn...I really wish I could be there for this. Hope you guys have fun and smoke a couple good ones for me....

Damned tempting, Marc, even with Pete on board. Best of luck with the event.

Oh! ME ME ME.... not. I just lost all respect for him after what went down. He still never came through on anything. *shrug*

Have fun...

I understand that you don't like the guy and more power to you for that, but don't come into Marc's thread raining on his parade because of your personal dislike for Pete. We all know and read about what went down so no need to keep bringing it up. Keep your snide remarks to yourself next time.

Oh! ME ME ME.... not. I just lost all respect for him after what went down. He still never came through on anything. *shrug*

Have fun...

I understand that you don't like the guy and more power to you for that, but don't come into Marc's thread raining on his parade because of your personal dislike for Pete. We all know and read about what went down so no need to keep bringing it up. Keep your snide remarks to yourself next time.

Have fun...

X2! :thumbs:
B

Edit:Just to clarify, that X2 is in reference to Lurch's reply. Thanks for commenting Lurch!

Hey lurch & gunsandcigars88...

Y'all gotta cut texcigars some slack man cause they got their rules now that harpu got the boot! < /sarcasm>

HARPU :thumbs:

Lurch, this is an open forum. In an open forum people comment about their likes and their dislikes. IMO. nobody is raining down on Marc's parade as you call it, by stating, "I will not come because of Pete". It is his and other's right to say what they want. His comment and Nullsmurf's comment above in no way denigrate Marc's post or his intentions. Both posters wished him luck and fun, as do I.

ezmoney101..click on over to the introduction thread and introduce yourself, besides, it's not good form to criticize any member with your first post. :D

Brian

I'll bet this would be a great time, whoever gets to attend have fun!

I understand it's an open forum and he has THE RIGHT to post whatever his heart desires. Does that make IT RIGHT for someone to keep bringing up the past and post them in a Retailer's thread? Absolutly not. If he has a problem with Pete than he needs to take it to Pete and don't air it out in Marc's thread for all to see.

....as for ezmoney101: Follow Infinity's advice. Tell us something about yourself before you start demanding things around here.

Lurch, this is an open forum. In an open forum people comment about their likes and their dislikes. IMO. nobody is raining down on Marc's parade as you call it, by stating, "I will not come because of Pete". It is his and other's right to say what they want. His comment and Nullsmurf's comment above in no way denigrate Marc's post or his intentions. Both posters wished him luck and fun, as do I.

ezmoney101..click on over to the introduction thread and introduce yourself, besides, it's not good form to criticize any member with your first post. :D

Brian

This Pete thing has gotten out of hand. Brian while I respect your opinion and you as a member, just because it's an open forum doesn't mean someone, least of which some NOOB, should attempt to stir the sh*tpot in someone elses post. If someone has a problem with Pete and they see this post - just MOVE ON. There are plenty of posters on CP who post about topics I don't like or have strong feelings about, most of the time I just MOVE ON and don't reply. When I do reply I make sure it is to add something positive to the discussion. The other reason there should be a minimum of pot stirring is that we are expected to be adults on this board and ahve a modicum of self restraint.
That being said: In last week's thread by Jim (Harpu) I posted that I would try to attend as I like Jim and Tat cigars. I didn't check back on the thread until I started to receive what I can only classify as "hate messages" asking if I was going to defend another of "my" DFW friend. That is unacceptable!! :angry: I did't post about it because I thought I'd let it blow over and let the adult in all of us resurface. I'm not rehashing the previous thread or the unacceptable comments by Jim. I'm just saying - MOVE ON.
My sincere apology for the thread jack Marc.

AND Marc - I will do my best to be there to support your fine establishment. :)

Sorry for the intrusion ---- Why watch HBO if this is the CP drama?-- again sorry for the intrusion from an uninformed newbe.

Captain Makers Mark

Marc - up front, you guys are a class act and you have a great establishment. I sincerely hope your event is successful for you.

Having said that, last time I checked this is an open board and the open factual discussion of issues is still allowed. Pete isn't the only guy that has taken his lumps; Rod has even banned some merchants that have done wrong by the community. Can we still patronize them? Of course, and probably some choose to do so. My point is that as long as it's OK for someone to post an event, I think it should be OK for folks to say "I'm not going". That's not to say "I hope your business burns down" but it's a comment on an event that some may choose not to patronize. Some quiet dissent had been made and it looks to me like Lurch and Rebel Herfer are the guys starting the conflict back up. You guys could have attended, shown your support, and let the comments slide without amplifying them. If you guys want to "blamestorm" seems to me there's plenty to go around. If you don't like a comment someone has made.....ignore it! Vote with your attendance and pocketbook....which ultimately is what we all do.

Would we all be better off if we limited things we could comment on? I promise your list and my list wouldn't be the same. How about if we don't allow merchants to post events? No, that's not a good idea either.

It's an open forum, and that's how it is. I don't want to see it changed.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

Wow... Everything is so touchy on this forum.

Firstly, let me apologize for raining on Marc's parade. And that's a sincere apology. I can see how reading it now seems like I was doing so. I didn't see it as raining on his parade when I initially wrote it, but I guess I still have a bad taste in my mouth about Pete. I can promise you I won't mention it again. The truth is that it's over and bringing it back up, even in somewhat of a jestful manner, can be a little overboard and I hope I Marc can let it slide. If you like, Marc, I'll remove the comment entirely... I never condemned Marc's establishment and though I've never been there I would certainly encourage folks to go and check it out. We are all BOTLs and I stand firmly on that.

I apparently have to do a little better job at having a little fun on my posts and clarify when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm being serious since a few of you seem to think a disagreement means I'm on a personal mission to burn Pete Johnson and anyone that has ties with him. RELAX! I said, "have fun" and I meant it.

Secondly, since when am I not entitled to an opinion? It's an open forum isn't it?

I'll be sure to make my points very, very, very clear from now on. As someone so kindly pointed out, I am just "some NOOB" (hahha) so cut me some slack eh?

Thanks,
J

Some quiet dissent had been made and it looks to me like Lurch and Rebel Herfer are the guys starting the conflict back up. You guys could have attended, shown your support, and let the comments slide without amplifying them. If you guys want to "blamestorm" seems to me there's plenty to go around. If you don't like a comment someone has made.....ignore it! Vote with your attendance and pocketbook....which ultimately is what we all do.

Would we all be better off if we limited things we could comment on? I promise your list and my list wouldn't be the same. How about if we don't allow merchants to post events? No, that's not a good idea either.

It's an open forum, and that's how it is. I don't want to see it changed.

BBS - with all due respect, I agree that this is an open board & I don't want to see it changed. What I opbject to is this "pi&&ing on a dead horse" routine as of late & it's accompanying vitriol seeping inappropriately into other threads. Neither you, nor Lurch, NOR I "started the conflict back up," quite the opposite. There were other known & unknown sh*t stirrers. As I posted previously, I ignored the hateful & rude messages hurled at me for simply posting that I would attend Jim's (harpu) event. There has been VERY LITTLE "quiet dissent" on this subject. I know that you did not mean to say that I cannot post that I will be attending both events, but your post could be incorrectly construed to mean that Lurch and I should just go to the event and not post our support, just comment with our pocketbook. :rolleyes:
Why not start a "Pete Johnson is a ....." that way those who have an issue with Pete and his business practices can discuss it freely amongst themselves and those that may be interested can read more and post less. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.