• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who'll stop the rain

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Anybody having any problems with all the rain we have been getting on the east coast?

Yes indeed. Seems like the last three weeks have been solid water. We just started to see peeks of sunshine yesterday and today.

It's great that I don't have to water the lawn...but I'm really missing that sensation of summer.

Looks like we might have another day of dicey weather before it clears up.

Wilkey

Oh yeah.
I've got my boxes in my bedroom now with the AC going constantly.
My wife is thrilled (and chilled)!

Yup, it's awful. The other day, we had a service guy in, and was working inthe basement. We unplugged the sump pump for a few, and by the time we went back downstairs, we had water int he basement...the ground is just saturated.

Tons of problems. My normal 25-minute commute home turned into a 2 and a half hour nightmare, between awful bumper to bumper traffic from swaths of Route 80 being closed off, and giant pools of water stalling cars out. I can only imagine what things are like today.

On the upside, no work today! :thumbs: But I may need to invest in a travel humidor, just so I have something to do during bumper to bumper in floods and snowstorms.

Here in NC, it’s not just the rain, it’s been constant Thunderstorms and high humidity.
It’s too damn muggy to do anything when it’s not raining. :(

I live in this east coast rain belt, like so many of you. Fortunately I spent the last 2 days in Newport, RI watching the ladies practice for this weekend's U.S. Open. They were 2 of the most wonderful days of the year, sunny and 80. Made even better on Monday by the course being closed to the general public and an ample supply of cigars brought along to keep me company. :thumbs: Going back on Sunday with the wife, hopefully the pocket of nice weather holds up.

This is the worst I can ever remember. It seems it's been raining almost constantly since May 1st. :0

WOW! Rain, what's that? Is that when the sky cries?

I really feel bad for you guys on the wrong side of the earth. Come on out to left (the real right) coast. There's plenty of sun for everyone!

Actually it'd be really nice if it stayed in the 70s... what's with this 80s stuff, ugh! ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edited to add: I'm sitting out on the deck with an SCdH and my coffee. Thank God I have an umbrella to get some shade. :D I know I'm a bastage. ;)

I really feel bad for you guys on the wrong side of the earth. Come on out to left (the real right) coast. There's plenty of sun for everyone!

Actually it'd be really nice if it stayed in the 70s... what's with this 80s stuff, ugh! ;)

edited to add: I'm sitting out on the deck with an SCdH and my coffee. Thank God I have an umbrella to get some shade. :D I know I'm a bastage. ;)

Yes you are a bastage using the word umbrella! :) Wallowing in the sun while the East coast guys suffer, is that cool? :whistling: San Diego was hot yesterday, mid 80's, I agree, definately umbrella time. :laugh:

Seriously though, you East coast guys need the sun, saw some places with boats in the streets - crazy!

Brian

Not sure what all the fuss is about, I'm out in the East and I haven't seen a drop in months :)

Luckily enough, I haven't been inconvenienced with any flooding, water damage etc., but this just sucks. Everybody at work, art home on the road, and in stores seems groggy and miserable.

Same around here. Im going to go home and relax on the deck and have a smoke.

I'll take some rain for my lawn, hate running the lawn tractor every other day or so.

Is that one of the smokes the 'attackers' got into...I mean with all the heat over there...wadayaxpect? ;)

Many alternate paths around the various creeks and rivers here are being used due to so many road closures. Several towns under boil water advisories. I think our town might be next if it keeps up like this! Seems fairly nice out today with only a few isolated sun showers. Hope it keeps up.