• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why Am I Not Impressed With OpusX?

GOFs are some of my favorite high end cigars.

:thumbs:

And usually in stock at Jack's or Arnold's, too, which isn't always the case with Opus X or Anejo.

That said, I've never had an Opus I didn't like, and quite a few I just loved . . . and a year of age seems to work real magic. Had a fresh xXx and thought it was nice; had one with a bit over a year on it and thought it was just plain spectacular.

That's probably the case for a lot of strong, full-flavored cigars.

~Boar

I've had Opus I couldn't finish, and others I couldn't get enough of. Opus in the humi right now I pass over as I know the longer they sit there, the better they'll hopefully be. ;) Swear I'm gonna fire up that maddie Jim...won't be long cause I can't pass it over too many more times. :D

The GOF's I mentioned earlier were Carlito 2006 Double Robusto's. Surprising, wonderful smokes.....:thumbs:

Tonight's smoke was a 2006 OpusX Petite Lancero. Wow....just wonderful. Burn and draw were flawless. Spicy, but not too spicy. Rolled back and forth between being surprisingly mild, to spicy, to quite spicy. Probably went through those transitions two or three times each. A great, complex hour on the deck with a fantastic cigar. Yep, down time hasn't hurt these smokes a bit...!!!...:love: May have to burn one of these more often...!!!

The GOF's I mentioned earlier were Carlito 2006 Double Robusto's. Surprising, wonderful smokes.....:thumbs:

Tonight's smoke was a 2006 OpusX Petite Lancero. Wow....just wonderful. Burn and draw were flawless. Spicy, but not too spicy. Rolled back and forth between being surprisingly mild, to spicy, to quite spicy. Probably went through those transitions two or three times each. A great, complex hour on the deck with a fantastic cigar. Yep, down time hasn't hurt these smokes a bit...!!!...:love: May have to burn one of these more often...!!!

Definitely try a Don Carlos for comparison. I'd be interested in what you think of them compared to the Carlitos.

Carlito GOF is spicier and tad less refined than the Don Carlos GOF IMO. I like both and it depends on my mood which one I choose to smoke on a given day.

You are not alone. I have yet to be impressed with a Fuente smoke. Everyone has different tastes.

I'm thankful that I was able to try some opus, WOAM, GOF, etc. By the fine brothers on this forum, but I quickly discovered that Dominican tobacco, in general, is not to my taste.

You are not alone. I have yet to be impressed with a Fuente smoke. Everyone has different tastes.

I generally love the Fuente lines. Examples I don't enjoy at all is the God of Fire line. I don't care if its the Carlito or the Don Carlos, they both suck to me. I seldom smoke the general Fuente stuff either. I will make some exceptions when it comes to the Cuban Belicoso, King B and Queen B. And the 858. Other than that, I avoid the rest. Which shows how we all have different tastes.

But if you can get a aged Opus x with 5+ years on it, you may get a little surprise. :thumbs:

Loren, what about an old chateau sg?

I haven't had one of those in many years. I've stuck with the 3 SG's I named and haven't been outside those 3 for many years now. I know...I'm an oddball. :laugh:

I too don't (LOVE) Opus cigars, I just look at em as nicotine bombs. 99.999% of the time I would grab an Avo over an Opus as far as NC smokes go!