• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why do i buy opus?

I don't quite follow Moki, can you explain a bit more? I know the Opus X is grown in a very small area of land but what, given the opportunity cost of using that land for [premium cigars is low, makes the process of producing an Opus more expensive than other cigars in the Fuente line?

I'm speculating, mind you, but I'd have to say primarily because of the difficulty and yield problems with growing that type of wrapper in the Dominican Republic. The filler is not a problem. :)

Don't know why i buy opus and i don't smoke them. Does anyone else have this problem? I had my 1st one back in 99' a robusto. ever since i've been hoarding them like theres no tomorrow and scared, i guess, to smoke them. i can count the number i've smoked.. 1 rob.,1 FF, 2 #5, and 1 x3. And just when i think i'm over my "problem" i stop into my local shop and pick up a #4

Nothing to be afraid of. Just smoke and enjoy. Some underpaid roller slaved over that cigar, risking his fingers handling a sharp chaveta, carefully bunching, binding, and wrapping quality perfection that ultimately found its way to your humidor. To not smoke is an insult to the roller. So take one for the team and start puffing.

Don't know why i buy opus and i don't smoke them. Does anyone else have this problem? I had my 1st one back in 99' a robusto. ever since i've been hoarding them like theres no tomorrow and scared, i guess, to smoke them. i can count the number i've smoked.. 1 rob.,1 FF, 2 #5, and 1 x3. And just when i think i'm over my "problem" i stop into my local shop and pick up a #4

Nothing to be afraid of. Just smoke and enjoy. Some underpaid roller slaved over that cigar, risking his fingers handling a sharp chaveta, carefully bunching, binding, and wrapping quality perfection that ultimately found its way to your humidor. To not smoke is an insult to the roller. So take one for the team and start puffing.
LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

Brian

it will be easier to smoke the x3's i have since i have a box but with the #5's.....i haven't seen them (being sold) since the first of the year! smoking those will be MUCH harder.

You obviously buy them so you can be someone's very generous Secret Santa! :D

My name is Rob.
I am a Opus horder.

:p

Seriously though, I have such a diverse selection of fantastic smokes thanks to Cigarpass. So I find it easy to let my Opus sleep.

-Rob

God I have to go out and get some of these cigars so I can try them! So much fascination with them. I love my Padron 64 and 26s so I gotta give these a try! None of my B&Ms carry them out here, I think Tinderbox in Summerlin area of Las Vegas carries some of those as well as the Ashton ESG. I hope he still has some of both so I can pick up a few of each!

Horde away fellas, I'm pretty much becoming the same with my Padron 26 Maduros. I find it difficult to light one up, but not going to have a problem doing it after dinner on Thanksgiving! ;)

I have not fallen under the Opus spell. Frankly, I just don't find them to be any better than the regular line of Fuente cigars, those with the green strip on the band. I like the regular line. But I can't justify paying 2-3 times more for a cigar that just doesn't taste 2-3 times better.

If you guys enjoy them that much, have at it! :thumbs:

You guys can have my share. :D

I share your opinion Bryan :thumbs:

I smoke'em all the time, yea they are pricey but hey so are fake tits...

I have not fallen under the Opus spell. Frankly, I just don't find them to be any better than the regular line of Fuente cigars, those with the green strip on the band. I like the regular line. But I can't justify paying 2-3 times more for a cigar that just doesn't taste 2-3 times better.

If you guys enjoy them that much, have at it! :thumbs:

You guys can have my share. :D
My thoughts exactly. You can have my share of OpusX as well.
:p

Hey there,
I'd have to take a stab at this phenomena and say that its perhaps due to the perceived rarity of such cigars. Being as they come out several times a year, and that everyone talks about them, this sometimes carries a tag of "must have" even though you don't smoke them. Perhaps its like speculating was in the comic book market place some 12 years ago ("hey, I don't need that issue but lots of people have been looking for it, and it COULD be quite a premium in the future, so I best get my own stash!").

Don't worry, I do the same thing! hahaha Though I have to admit that I smoke them a LOT more now than I did back a year or so ago. The first Opus I had was a Power Ranger xXx and, without eating, it made the world spin and my stomach wretch! I now enjoy them after eating and digesting an hour or so and they aren't nearly as bad anymore; I quite like their flavor and feel that they are climbing up my top 5 favorite non-ISOM smoke list a bit.

Nuff said,
Darren

to quote every parent/teacher/mentor in the world -

"I believe he is just going through a phase. I'm sure he'll grow out of it."

I have no problem torching a Opus. None whatsoever. In fact, I smoked a Petit Lancero with like 5 years of age on it today. Followed it up with a Perfecxion X and to top it off I pulled out a Opus A and torched that bad boy. So no, I have no problem torching any Opus X I get my hands on. I think I've smoked 3 boxes+ since August 2006. :love:

I just had a Opus X shakes the other day and had to make up for the lack of stock I have at home. Yes, I love Opus X so much i had to get a locker at the B&M shop 83 miles away so I can get the stash safe from myself. :laugh:

I have no problem torching a Opus. None whatsoever. In fact, I smoked a Petit Lancero with like 5 years of age on it today. Followed it up with a Perfecxion X and to top it off I pulled out a Opus A and torched that bad boy. So no, I have no problem torching any Opus X I get my hands on. I think I've smoked 3 boxes+ since August 2006. :love:

I just had a Opus X shakes the other day and had to make up for the lack of stock I have at home. Yes, I love Opus X so much i had to get a locker at the B&M shop 83 miles away so I can get the stash safe from myself. :laugh:
Loren,

Nice to see you posting again!

Mr Peat = OpusX :D

Wilkey

PT, your right and Dave it definitely isn't a phase..i've been around way too long for that.Might smoke one this weekend..soooo many goodies to chose from

that opus you sent me was amazing. I dont know if its just me but i will smoke 10 opuses and like them all but one will be absolutely mind blowing. If thats due to age i may have to buy some boxes and sit for a couple years.

I don't see it as a problem. They will be fine in your humi, gaining age and rappin' with the other opi(plural?) One day when they least suspect you'll burn one alive, kicking and screaming! :laugh:

I love Opus X, I can’t get enough of them...I have not had the chance to try a Anejo as I can not find them anywhere