• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why do we bomb?

Whoa! Huge bombs there
Nnaahhh. I just save the boxes that I get from CI and Famous and recycle. They're mostly full of air pillows...but there's some sticks in there somewhere!

I do it to because I get off on it(insert joke here). My favorite is the counter bomb(if you have come to see me you know how this works).

I do it to because I get off on it(insert joke here). My favorite is the counter bomb(if you have come to see me you know how this works).
Not to "toot" Brad's "horn" (insert joke here), but he is no joke. Talk about getting the air knocked out of you. You think you can hang on his level, until he bumps it up to sudden-death time. Amazing.

I, for one, bomb for the attention it brings, and post all over the board about it in hopes of obtaining return fire. :rolleyes: Bruce's words to live by are the real reason to bomb. Think about it. CLICK ON ME.

SERIOUSLY.

I also get off on it! I really love the counter strike it is the best :whistling:.

Not to "toot" Brad's "horn" (insert joke here), but he is no joke. Talk about getting the air knocked out of you. You think you can hang on his level, until he bumps it up to sudden-death time. Amazing.

I, for one, bomb for the attention it brings, and post all over the board about it in hopes of obtaining return fire. :rolleyes: Bruce's words to live by are the real reason to bomb. Think about it. CLICK ON ME.

SERIOUSLY.

You read my mind thanks for posting this for me I did not know exactly how to say it ??? :sign:.

Jim

I do it because I'm like a little kid looking at the tracking every hour waiting for it to show "Delivered".

Then I like the picture in my minds eye of the look on my victim's face when he opens the package.

This sums things up for me perfectly. I bomb because I know receiving it will make someone happy.

Whether or not it's intentional, the inference here from you guys is that I started this thread in hopes of attaining return fire. It might seem that way, and I've seen many threads that exemplify that intention with far less discretion than this one. Let me be clear - that is not my intention. Those two packages I sent yesterday are on the way to people to people with whom I have herfed, and who I just like as people. That is the ONLY reason I sent them.

I have been a fairly quiet member here on CP for almost 2 years, and have not been an excessively active poster. I've always tried to follow the "read more - post less" mantra. In recent weeks, I kinda felt like I wanted to become more involved with the community, and figured the best way to jump in the middle was to post a little more, and send off a little gratitude to some fellow CP'ers with whom I'd met and herfed. I suppose I got a little excited about it, started a thread and posted a picture. I've seen this done in the past by other members (members posting tracking numbers, etc), and had not observed any backlash - thus concluding it was acceptable. However, your message on etiquette is loud and clear.

Whether or not it's intentional, the inference here from you guys is that I started this thread in hopes of attaining return fire. It might seem that way, and I've seen many threads that exemplify that intention with far less discretion than this one. Let me be clear - that is not my intention. Those two packages I sent yesterday are on the way to people to people with whom I have herfed, and who I just like as people. That is the ONLY reason I sent them.

I have been a fairly quiet member here on CP for almost 2 years, and have not been an excessively active poster. I've always tried to follow the "read more - post less" mantra. In recent weeks, I kinda felt like I wanted to become more involved with the community, and figured the best way to jump in the middle was to post a little more, and send off a little gratitude to some fellow CP'ers with whom I'd met and herfed. I suppose I got a little excited about it, started a thread and posted a picture. I've seen this done in the past by other members (members posting tracking numbers, etc), and had not observed any backlash - thus concluding it was acceptable. However, your message on etiquette is loud and clear.

Hey Jay, I can honestly tell you I wasn't trying to send a message to you specifically about you starting this thread in hopes of getting return fire! I was just joking about the days of the Newbie Wars is all, purely sarcasm. Jim picked up on it, and tossed some right back at me. Come on now! :thumbs:

Don't sweat it!

Alright then - what we have here is yet another example of me thinking too much. :rolleyes: I was hesitant to broadcast in ANY way that I was opening the bomb bay doors - so when I saw your post - I automatically assumed you were taking a shot at me. However, I'm a self-centered prick - so it's not too surprising I made that leap!

Thanks for putting things in context for me.

Sometimes I bomb to say "thanks" for something, sometimes it's because the person did something unselfish, and other times I'll bomb because I have something I see someone else looking for.

But really I bomb because it makes me feel sneaky, and I like feeling sneaky. :cool:

As a newb, I didn't feel any of your pics and thread comments were about getting something back. I read your responses to other threads and I can see your character (and sense of humor) in them.

Keep doin' watcha do Jay! :thumbs:

Someone's sig tag here speaks of giving away cigars as part of the happiness they get out of the hobby, you can place me in that category :laugh:

To me it's the thrill of the hunt. I lurk around and find someone who I think is a deserving target, then I blow up their house! :D

I don't think of anything in return. I think about the "kid at Christmas" thing. They open up a package, and when they look at the goodies inside, it brings warmth to my heart and a smile to my face! That's enough for me!

Alright then - what we have here is yet another example of me thinking too much. :rolleyes: I was hesitant to broadcast in ANY way that I was opening the bomb bay doors - so when I saw your post - I automatically assumed you were taking a shot at me. However, I'm a self-centered prick - so it's not too surprising I made that leap!

Jay,

I never for one second thought your intention was selfish at all. I like the thread and felt your intention was a good one, now john on the other hand is hoping that he gets rediculous sticks in return :0 :p.

Jim

Jay,

I never for one second thought your intention was selfish at all. I like the thread and felt your intention was a good one, now john on the other hand is hoping that he gets rediculous sticks in return :0 :p.

Jim

Which John/Jon are you talking about you A-hole?

I've only had the chance of bombing a few fellows here so far, but I tell you what: I agree when it it was said it is a lot of fun to see you made someone's day. I should bomb Jon more often, he calls me mean names when I do, so I know I'm pissing him off. :laugh:

After giving away your intent I refortified my home bunker and had the bomb squad check all boxes prior to allowing them in the compound. While I did manage to avoid detonation the package does look like it will be a "blast" to go through. Thank you very much for thinking of me but you do realize you are now on the list.

I bomb people who can't use the search function. Of course they get crap while everybody else doesn't.

Damn, Ray. You really shouldn't say things like that. You'll end up having to buy a new mailbox.

It wasn't even really a bomb, Ray...more like a little grenade, really. :laugh:

Which John/Jon are you talking about you A-hole?

Pretty sure he's trying to call both of us out now, John... What a pretentious a-hole!

He could have meant me, you know. Both of you are being a bit presumptuous. There's more "John's" around here than just you two.

Wait a minute...that didn't come out quite right. :blush: