• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why the hell am I not tasting right!?!?!

If you ever get tired again Ginseng, just send me your stash. You can keep the Moontrances and Acids tho. I promise I will take good care of them. :D

This topic has been mentioned several times. Use the search function :thumbs:
When you do your search...there was one thread specifically that was pretty informative about palates. Although the topic was spelled "pallette"

If you find that thread, it may shed some light on your problem.
Best of luck :)

Edit to add: Here's the LINK.

Thanks for pointing this out BD, yet another reason that people should SPELL things properly.

Thanks BD - give Bill more ammo...thats al we neeed!

LOL....actually I think he pointed it out in that thread anyway :laugh:

Well I tried smoking something that was always a bit too powerful for me... a LFD Single Ligero Torp ~54 ring. I tasted it a bit, but it didn't have tons of flavor. I also didn't get nauseas, which was commonplace during I and LFD's history (aside from the Factory Press) This was bit hard because I generally don't smoke LFD's and I'm not 100% accustomed to their flavor profile. Anyway, I was thinking about smoking a double ligero chisel tommorrow.

Steve

Well I tried smoking something that was always a bit too powerful for me... a LFD Single Ligero Torp ~54 ring. I tasted it a bit, but it didn't have tons of flavor. I also didn't get nauseas, which was commonplace during I and LFD's history (aside from the Factory Press) This was bit hard because I generally don't smoke LFD's and I'm not 100% accustomed to their flavor profile. Anyway, I was thinking about smoking a double ligero chisel tommorrow.

Steve

Slevy Slevy Slevy...everybody....Slevy Slevy Slevy!!!

Don't blow yourself out for the HERF.

Steve

Slevy Slevy Slevy...everybody....Slevy Slevy Slevy!!!

Don't blow yourself out for the HERF.

LOL x2 :sign:

Should I be trying to shock my palate with LFD Double ligeros, or in the opposite spectrum... ACIDs and other flavored smokes?

for giggles you should shock it with ACIDs and other flavored, but that may just destroy your palate with sugar overdose! :laugh: did you take some of the nose swab stuff for your cold? thats been known to cause distortion in taste and smell receptors due to the zinc compound in the medicine?

I have only been trying to drink lemonades and even lemon juice and water, as well as trying to use saline+aloe nasal spray. I figured that these would work for tasting, but no luck.

Steve

...At first I though it had to do with a cold I caught a few weeks ago, but that has gone away...My nose feels a little dry...I have no idea what it could be. Any of you out there had this problem before? Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Steve
Perhaps it's allergies. Now, before you dismiss the possiblitiy, go see your doctor...

I never had any allergies until moving here to Central Texas 10 or 12 years ago. They came on gradually (over 3 or 4 seasons), but man I've got 'em now. Currently I'm getting shots, taking pills, eyedrops, and nasal spray - all presecription. My allergy symptoms are pretty much kept under control, but I have definately lost some taste and smell. Even with all the medication (and nearly everyone here in Austin is on it), it's a struggle for a few months out of the year.

When the pollen or molds or whatever it is subsides, I'll get off the meds and my tastes will return to normal. They allways do. There are no lasting effects. For right now though, I can still taste/smell something distinct, like a Cameroon; but anything with more subtle/mild flavors are kind of pointless (i.e. Connecticut Shade wrappers, etc.).

Talk to your doc, and good luck.

Next time I go, I definitely will mention it.

Steve

Also after Rob300C's suggestion have stopped scraping my tongue after brushing my teeth (at least I do I lightly, every now and then), and looking to go for a different toothpaste.

All I know is that my nose feels dry lately... I just think that has something to do with it. But when I wet it with water or use the saline nose spray, it doesn't necessarily help that much.

Steve

Also after Rob300C's suggestion have stopped scraping my tongue after brushing my teeth (at least I do I lightly, every now and then), and looking to go for a different toothpaste.

All I know is that my nose feels dry lately... I just think that has something to do with it. But when I wet it with water or use the saline nose spray, it doesn't necessarily help that much.

Steve

Does it look like this:

crusty%20nose.JPG

If it looks like this...see a doctor:

164646YFhe_w.jpg

Steve, Are you getting this when you smoke indoors? When I smoke in the cold weather, the cigar is sometimes flat tasting. Almost like strong cigarettes. Now I sit in the car.

You know Steve I do think you need to just quit smoking. Box all your cigars up and ship them to ME :whistling: Addy in profile ;)

Seriously though I would just lay off the smokes for a week or two and give your mouth, tongue and system a rest ;)

You know Steve I do think you need to just quit smoking. Box all your cigars up and ship them to ME :whistling: Addy in profile ;)

Seriously though I would just lay off the smokes for a week or two and give your mouth, tongue and system a rest ;)

I don't think it's an option for him...or else he would have just said fine, I'll give it a rest.
Woman are usually the ones who (without telling you) give their mouths, tongues, and systems a rest :sign:

Well, on a serious note. When my stomach acts up, one of the first thing it affects is taste. I will either get to a point that everything just tastes off or my mouth will seem to have a endless supply of saliva. Have you experienced something like this because if you have, I do hope and pray it isn't the first stages that happened to me. Interested in hearing if you have as I have plenty of experience dealing with this. :(

Well, on a serious note. When my stomach acts up, one of the first thing it affects is taste. I will either get to a point that everything just tastes off or my mouth will seem to have a endless supply of saliva. Have you experienced something like this because if you have, I do hope and pray it isn't the first stages that happened to me. Interested in hearing if you have as I have plenty of experience dealing with this. :(

My stomach feels normal. I haven't had much experience with not tasting correctly aside from this bout, which has lasted a little while ~month or so.

Steve

A little update on my tasting situation...

I have noticed that my nose had been VERY dry lately, so I have tried getting a little water in there... it seems to help a fair amount. After doing that I am able to taste a JdN Antano Lancero... the first one I had tasted rather great. The second one tasted as good as the first, until I go a little too much water in there and it started to sting all the way in the back.

I must say... the crap I do to taste my smokes!! :laugh:

Steve