• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Winter Solstice Contest

I hope any one of the guesses are in the ball park (well except for maybe the 36 hour guess :) ). The weather around here is really tough to predict, so you never know...

We do have a generator, so it'll all be good if not a bit on the chilly side - its not big enough to run the heat.

Alan - Thanks for the Royal Order of the 21sters link. It pretty much sums up my feelings on the topic. Its somehow comforting to know that others too are perfectly content to delude themselves.

- Phil

You're welcome. I've tried to adopt the philosophy, but when it's -30* in January it's hard for me to think of it as 'Spring'. :laugh:

All the best. I hope you don't lose power at all. :)

Fuggin power company. Its not even that windy yet; maybe gusting 30-35. Power went out 6:12 pm. So the timer begins...

Sorry Jlada and all the others who are already out of the contest though I did very much appreciate the optimism.

Well hopefully it does not go out at all ???

But I will guess 4hrs 18mins

Thanks for the contest

Losing power sucks, hope it doesnt happen and someone has already guessed 0.

11 Hours sounds lucky.

Cheers...

C...

Well power came back on at 8:04 pm. So it was only out for 1 hour and 52 minutes. Based on past experience we have really lucked out (so far).

Congrats bfisher88 you win the fiver! They will go out Monday.

Thanks all for playing and the positive thoughts! Hope everyone has a happy solstice and happy holidays.

- Phil