• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wisdom Pass

Well the pass landed home today and much to my surprise there were some wonderful gifts inside. Allen (gandolf) was nice enough to include a Happy Meal from McDonalds, even though the cheeseburger was a little cold :p , and one of the Arizona boys dropped in a awesome T-Shirt for me. There were also some GREAT smokes in the host bag which I thank each and every one of you for.

As this pass concludes, I just want to say that I have enjoyed myself watching as it took its course. It was a lot of fun watching all the different cigars come and go. You all handled everything in a professional manner and I would like to thank you all for that as well.

Thanks to everyone for making this pass a success!!! :thumbs:

Edited cause I can't spell

I, too, was the "victim" of a messed up ISOM in a pass. I took a Monte #2 and #4 from a pass (on another board). I smoked the Monte #2 - the burn was horrible, (it tunneled badly), the taste was acrid - nothing like I've ever experienced in an ISOM. I politely e-mailed the person putting the cigars in the pass. He told me where he got them at - a place I knew to be VERY reputable. He went on to tell me that all the cigars he'd had from the same batch were good. I told him thank you - told him not to worry about it, I just wanted to let him know - and left it at that...

About a week later I received a package with 5 ISOM's and a note apologizing for my problems with the Monte #2. I neither expected it, nor did I want it - but it was very much appreciated.

Ryan - no doubt your CoRo's came from a reputable source, but I believe you probably should have handled it a little differently... From not making it public, to taking care of a fellow BOTL...

That's just my opinion....

What's this about? Ree knows his cigars and I would never worry about fakes coming from him. Are there any pictures of the CoRo in question?

:cool:
I debated starting another thread, but it started here and figure this should end here.

Picture of the CoRos

CoRos.Md.jpg

Here are the two CoRos side by side. Sorry the picture quality wasn't better, it appears I was too close when taking these pictures. But it is clear to see the difference in color. Unfortunately, you can't see that the caps are both exact. But you can see that both bands are identical.

Picture of the CoRos Feet

*click for larger picture

This picture shows the feet of both cigars. I was trying to see if there were any folding differences between the rollings. It was hard to tell, but the one on the right is more discolored, which made me wonder about the tobacco.

Picture of CoRo #1

CoRo.1a.Md.jpg

I was planning on smoking them one after the other, but this was as far as I got with this smoke. I put it down in the ashtray and lit up the other CoRo. I kept this one lit to try them side by side. There were distinct differences between the two. I couldn't taste any of the typical grassy profile of the Co.. line.

Picture of CoRo #2

CoRo.2a.Md.jpg

One thing I noticed was that the ash characteristics of both cigars were remarkably the same. The ash burned the same color paterns, and broke and flaked in extremely similar ways.

Finish of CoRo #2

CoRo.2b.Md.jpg

As I said, I didn't finis the other one, but did like this one.

There are your pictures.

I'm just trying to learn a little.

Thanks,
- C

Alright, so I didn't handle myself the right way. I've got some personal issues in my life I am dealing with...others know on the board what is going on. I was quick to be defensive here. For blue dragon and the rest of the board, I publicly apologize for my actions. YOu conacted me personally and I should I have kept it that way.

About the CoRo's, they come from a very reputable source. I guess it was a bad apple, you can say. I am a very reputable BOTL on this board that would not jepordize my status of anything else. This is my first mishap and my last. I sincerely apoligize for my actions. I hope blue dragon and the board can accept my humble apology.

Blue Dragon...PM on it's way.

Sincerely,
Ryan

I am a very reputable BOTL on this board...

Don't get carried away bro :p
I still caught you trying to break into my ride at the herf :laugh: :whistling:

For the record:

I'm KIDDING

Blue Dragon, don't sweat it, I'll rough Ree up the next time I see him for ya. Seriously though, Ryan is a real sweetheart, and I think all of us at one point in our lives have had a bit of drama that makes us act otherwise a little jumpy. I believe that's all we have here :)

Thanks for the pass man, and again thanks for the cool hat!

Blue Dragon...PM on it's way.

Sincerely,
Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Apology accepted. And thanks for addressing my questions.

I hope you can work things out. That downright sucks and 99% of the time one of the most painful things to go through because of the ripple effect through the rest of your life. Good luck!

We're done here.

Thanks for letting me in your pass Shiba! The hat rocks; I'm wearing it now. I forgot I was wearing it and almost walked into a customer's site with it on my head. Not too professional. :0

Cheers!
- C

I'm glad everything worked out. Thanks for the pictures Blue Dragon, I'm going to have to try one of those CoRo's soon.

I'm glad you took care of this Ree :thumbs: , and keep your head up amigo.

What's this about? Ree knows his cigars and I would never worry about fakes coming from him. Are there any pictures of the CoRo in question?

I debated starting another thread, but it started here and figure this should end here.

Picture of the CoRos

CoRos.Md.jpg

Here are the two CoRos side by side. Sorry the picture quality wasn't better, it appears I was too close when taking these pictures. But it is clear to see the difference in color. Unfortunately, you can't see that the caps are both exact. But you can see that both bands are identical.

Picture of the CoRos Feet

*click for larger picture

This picture shows the feet of both cigars. I was trying to see if there were any folding differences between the rollings. It was hard to tell, but the one on the right is more discolored, which made me wonder about the tobacco.

Picture of CoRo #1

CoRo.1a.Md.jpg

I was planning on smoking them one after the other, but this was as far as I got with this smoke. I put it down in the ashtray and lit up the other CoRo. I kept this one lit to try them side by side. There were distinct differences between the two. I couldn't taste any of the typical grassy profile of the Co.. line.

Picture of CoRo #2

CoRo.2a.Md.jpg

One thing I noticed was that the ash characteristics of both cigars were remarkably the same. The ash burned the same color paterns, and broke and flaked in extremely similar ways.

Finish of CoRo #2

CoRo.2b.Md.jpg

As I said, I didn't finis the other one, but did like this one.

There are your pictures.

I'm just trying to learn a little.

Thanks,
- C

Great line up for a Pass. Please let me know when the next one is set up, I'd like to join.

To chime in on the two different CoRo's - I've had a similar experience with some PSD4's. I once recieved 2 boxes of PSD4's - one was a little darked than the other - same box code - reputible seller ....sealed!!! The lighter one was a little off in taste so - under the knife it went!!! After the surgery for all intense appearances it looked health...just tasted 'off'. (same burn and coloration. I let the 'odd' batch sit... and while they didn't quite make it to an all-star status, they turned out well!

just my 2c...

Gary
(feel free to comment - I look forward to some feedback/discussion)

OK... I finally had a chance to smoke the cigars in question.

I too agree that the one from Ree Ree was off some. I do not think it was a counterfeit, I just think it is a quality control/age issue. Just my .02 worth.

I also smoked the one that Blue Dragon included and it tasted dead on to me.

Not to stir anything up but I was asked to smoke these and post my opinion. Once again, I do not think it was contefeit, I just think it was and off cigar. :p