• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wisdom Pass

Sounds good Marc... thanks for letting me know. Also, don't forget that you are the last one so this baby is coming home after you :)

ok..here are my puts and takes...

takes:
Trinidad Fundadore
Cohiba Siglo II
Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo duDepute
Trinidad Reyes
Partagas Serie D No. 4

puts:
Trinidad Extra Robusto
Vegas Robania Unicos
Bolivar Belicosos Finos
Por Larranaga PC
El Rey De Mundo Choix Supreme
Cohiba Sublime "EL 2004"

Shiba, i also put another Sublime in a seperate bag that i owed you. unless there are objections, ill send the box back home tommorow.

Marc... Looks good to me.. Send her home!!! :)

Thanks for being a part of my pass :thumbs:

WOOHOO!!!! This baby is one its way home :thumbs:

Congratulations on a great first pass Shiba! I enjoyed being a part of it and thank you again for the great hat.

David

Marc - be interested to know what you think of the little duDepute. I was pretty taken with them; a neat smoke when time is short.

Shiba, thanks once again for including me in a fantastic pass, thanks for a great hat, and congratulations on your first hosted pass. Very well done...... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Congrats on the completion of your first pass, Shiba. Thanks for including me.

Apparently, somebody here thinks my CoRo's are fakes. :angry2: I don't think so! Sorry you had a bad experience with a CoRo, but they come from a very reliable source. Maybe David can chime in here.

Ree

Apparently, somebody here thinks my CoRo's are fakes. :angry2: I don't think so! Sorry you had a bad experience with a CoRo, but they come from a very reliable source. Maybe David can chime in here.

Ree

Ryan, aka Ree, is nothing but stand up people :sign:

Ree

What's this about? Ree knows his cigars and I would never worry about fakes coming from him. Are there any pictures of the CoRo in question?

:cool:

Ree
Who is concerned...?? Why are they concerned...?? Got pics / links / etc. so we know what's going on?

Not cool to talk trash about a stand up BOTL unless there's some pretty compelling evidence.....haven't seen any yet.

Regards - B.B.S.

Does the person is in doubt want to step up? :whistling:

Ree
Jesus Ree. Yes, I had a question about the CoRo. I brought it up in a PM to Ree inquiring about where he got it and if he was certian about it's authenticity. I told him that the question wasn't a slam on his character, but just a question about the stick's authenticity. Anyone can make a mistake. Ree's previous history doesn't lend itself for me to believe that he would do this on purpose. Hence the question. I am suprised at how he is getting all worked up over a question; that does make me suspicious.

The wrapper is much darker than other CoRos I've had. The taste profile didn't match other CoRos I've had. It left an acrid taste on the back of my tounge. It didn't smell sick and had a week or so to aclimate in my humidor, however, there was no date posted with the CoRo so I have no idea how young it is. And it was tighter than a drum. I know there have been quality control issues in the past down there, but they seem to be keeping a much closer watch on that issue lately.

However, the construction was excellent. The triple cap was spot on. The band was an exact match to my other CoRo. I know there are sites where you can purchase the exact bands. I know there are rollers who know what they are doing to make a cigar look authentic. So the only real question in my mind was if the tobacco was authentic. And that question was only due to the look and taste.

I smoked the one I got out of the pass right along side of a CoRo I had in my humidor to compare the two. And yes, I took pictures. And since it was requested, yes I will post them as soon as I get back to my office.

I wanted other feedback and didn't want to make any conclusions based one stick. There is always the possibility that I just got a rotten apple. So, I sent my last CoRo to Shiba. There is another CoRo from Ree in the pass, and I asked him to let me know what he thought. Apparently it might be a good idea if he posts his review here. I hope I am wrong, and I just got a bad one.

Noone is trash talking another member of this site. Someone just got their panties in a bunch from a simple question. Now it appears to be escalating into a "you better prove it" scenario. And gee, it wouldn't be that difficult to figure out who might have the question since I was the only one who traded for the CoRo.

I just had a conversation with another member of this board earlier tonight who said this type of thing wouldn't have happened a year ago. If someone got a bad stick in a pass, s/he would have 5 show up to replace it. Those were his statements, and I am not asking for any replacement stick. That has never entered into my conversations. I am only brining it up because I am suprised at what this has turned into over a question about a cigar. I don't claim to be an expert, but am learning more and more about cigars all the time. The place that I learn from most is this community. I would think this would be the place to ask questions.

Sincerely,
- C

Ree

I wanted other feedback and didn't want to make any conclusions based one stick. Sincerely,
- C

By NO MEANS am I trying to add fuel here...but for what its worth, I was there and tasted the cigar. It was not good by any means..I can attest to Cory's only intention of determining what, if anything, was wrong with it. Carry on.. :thumbs:

Thanks for the explaination Cory. I have some of those same dark CoRo's that are from 05 I believe, definatly not a year old yet. Those are not the only ISOM's that seem to have darker wrappers lately. I haven't tried the CoRo yet as it is still way too young to smoke in my opinion.

:cool:

Ree

This whole thing seems very strange to me. Ree Ree, you were contacted PRIVATELY by someone who had some questions and concerns about one of the most faked cigars in the world. He didn't accuse you of knowingly passing off fake cigars or being a scumbag, he simply asked some questions. You obviously took this as some personal attack and made a public issue about this which is in bad form period.

I find Ree Ree's overly sensitive and defensive reaction to Blue Dragon's inquiry suspect myself.

The same exact thing happened to me when I did a group buy last year. A participant PM'd me questioning the authenticity of some RASCCs I had bought for participants in a group buy because he thought the labels were suspicious looking. His inquiry was polite and respectful (just like Blue Dragon's was in this case) and my response was "Well, honestly my vision isn't the greatest BUT now that you've brought it up, I looked at them under a magnifying glass and I completely understand what you're talking about. In my pesonal experience, the only way to really tell if these are fake is to smoke them. I've smoked quite a few om tha same box and they taste okay to me. If they don't taste okay to you, I'd be happy to either reimburse your money or send you something else from my humi."

I dunno Ree Ree, your reaction/response I think is kinda shitty, ESPECIALLY since you went to the extent of making it public and trying to organize a lynch mob.

That's total BS.... :angry2:

So now that we're on the subject of "stepping up" Ree Ree, how 'bout you apologize to Blue Dragon now?

Wow... my pass is getting more and more popular now that it is over. :p

For what it's worth, I have a pic posted of two boxes of BBF's that I rec'd yesterday over in my group buy thread. They have the exact same box code and date, but obviosly a contrast in the color of the wrapper. It's been mentioned in several places on the board that there are cigars coming out of Cuba with very dark wrappers. I suppose what I'm saying is to not put so much, if any weight on the wrapper color.