• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wish me luck....

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Well fellas, wish me luck. I'm having my wisdom teeth extracted at 11:45am Friday. I went this long without any trouble, but all last week was absolutely excruciating :angry: The entire left side of my face was swolen.

The good new is that it looks like it will be without incident; a "2" on the 1 to 10 scale of difficulty, as my surgeon put it. :thumbs: ...and it will aparently only be 75% as bad as most people. I only have three wisdom teeth - now and forever.

I'll be without any sticks for a week, so y'all have to have double to make up for me ;)

Cheers,
Dixie

Good luck bro. I had 4 taken out in Boot Camp. And they are going to pull them out. Well, at least not until they crack em into a couple pieces. :0 :0 :0 BTW, follow all the directions to avoid dry socket. Even drugs dont stop all of the pain those things cause. Best of luck.

Emo

It must be a military thing cause I had all 4 of mine taken out at boot camp too and that was back in 1976.... :p

Well, I'm more scared of having the next one come in as painfully as the this one than having them all removed. I was basically sucking on an Ambesol tube all last week.

Funny story- When I was 6, I tripped a shattered my front two teeth on a marble floor (OK, so it wasn't funny). I had to wear a permanent partials until my adult teeth came in. I also had to wear headgear and a retainer (paletal expander actually) AT SCHOOL. Wow was I popular :angry: Then there was braces.... This should complete the story - taking teeth out instead of replacing them :p

stogieman said:
It must be a military thing cause I had all 4 of mine taken out at boot camp too and that was back in 1976.... :p
Hey ole man guess what. I was 2.... :p

Emo

Good luck and watch the dry socket!! :(

What they all said. Have no personal knowledge, as I lost so many molars as a kid that my wisdoms came in as replacements.
I know they put my son out with full anesthetic to do his, so I REALLY am glad for you that your procedure's gonna be easier.

Speedy recovery! (Remember, no sucking! :) )

Good luck

I had all four of mine removed my first year of college. Even though they were all impacted, I didn't have any problems at all after the procedure. I hope it goes as well for you. :thumbs:

Gator

Thanks to all of you for the support. It is imperative that you all remember to double up you herfing while I'm decomisssioned ;) If I can't enjoy 'em y'all should. :p

Cheers,
Dixie

You want teeth horror stories? I can make you feel so much better. Consider yourself fortunate.

I am 30 years old and have only 3 of the teeth I was born with. :( It's not all that bad though. You can have a lot of fun with kids when you can do tricks with your teeth at birthday parties. Gotta make the best with what ya got! hehehehehe

I had some teeth out not long ago and need to go back for even more. I feel for you!

Sam

Got mine removed when I was 18. They were so impacted the doc had to use a hammer and chisel to break them into little pieces for extraction. They spread my mouth so wide I had tears in the corners! I was out of commission for 3 days. I hope your sugery goes much smoother! And don't worry Dixie, I'll smoke triple my usual just in case :p Serously though, good luck and a speedy recovery!

There's a joke in here somewhere..oral....dry socket.... but, I think I'll refrain. :) Don't plan on smoking for a while, bro.

Dixie,

Hope all is well and that your procedure went off without a hitch. But your probably too dopped up right now to respond so, kick back and relax let the meds do there work and hopefully you'll be good as new in a couple of days.

Get better soon ;)

BenjieV :D

Hey Dixie, Best of luck. Hope your one of the many that pull through with no problem. :thumbs:

stogieman said:
Geez... I wasn't even born yet :0 :p

I'm conscious enough to let you guys know I'm alright. :thumbs: Thanks for all the nice messages :D

It went well, but I am having pretty significant problems with weakness and nausea. I have to move very slowly not get sick. I can’t imagine what it would be like without nausea meds.

I should be strong enough to play on the internet by tomorrow night. I’m in good hands though, my girlfriend and mom are pitching in to nurse me.

Cheers,
Dixie

:love:

I'm glad you pulled through with flying colors there Dixie. :)
It's always nice to have your mom and girlfriend around to play nursey. :thumbs:

and Boeman, we can't all be young pups..... :sign: :D :sign:

boeman said:
stogieman said:
Geez... I wasn't even born yet :0 :p
Is he calling us FOGs old Stogie? ;) :D

Dixie glad to hear you came through it alright. Take the nausea meds and relax. Do not even think about smoking with the dry socket, trust me on this.