• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOAM in Quebec

siriusstoogie

Bellus Filipinus Vir! :)
So I was in Quebec city for two days for a work related meeting. Last night was a free night to experience the city. The concierge pointed me to a cigar bar within walking distance from my hotel. I had dinner first--sushi which is not the same caliber as the ones I have had here in New York Metro area. But good nonetheless.

I ordered a nice port and looked at the cigar menu. I almost fell out of my seat when I saw a Cohiba Siglo VI for $ 60 CAN. Luckily, I brought a WOAM (just in case) and boy was this just the case!

I sniffed the WOAM and the cedar fragrance was there which almost made me sneeze. I cut and had a pre-light draw. No issues there, and it already gave a hint of something special.

The usual quick light of the nub that had you thinking this is gonna go out on me until the WOAM reassure you that it's a well constructed cigar and to just chill :)

Pass the nub, things got serious, smooth flavors of cocoa with just a hint --a very slight hint of sweetness that binded with may taste receptors. There was no bitterness. And definitely no pepper to taste. This was consistent all throughout and the smoke was thick and white that I even made a couple of O's :)

I was getting the attention of other bar patrons and the very cute French Canadian bartender in a black miniskirt because the ash was just growing and growing. no pun intended :D The ash stayed intact until last last third of the smoke--this got an OHHHHH from the bartender.

Going back to the review, the WOAM just kept on giving the consistent flavor and most importantly, the nirvana like relaxation and satisfaction I get out of a good smoke. The planets must have been aligned for me because I left the bar with a big smile that lasted well after I got to my hotel. Who needs an outrageously priced cohiba if you have this?

When I smoke I usually get relaxed. But as you all well know when you had a GOOD smoke you're not relax, you're in the ZONE!

Rob, I cant wait for you to have one!

Regards.

SS

edited for typos

Oooo ooo ooo....
That's like dangling a raw t-bone in front of a starving dog!
As much as I love these smokes I would have ponied up for the Siglo. What's 60 Canadian? Like 3 dollars US? :sign:
Nice review BTW. :thumbs:
I look forward to meeting you on the 18th and smoking all your remaining WOAMs!
:p

-Rob

Nice review, sounds like a fun time too. Quebecoius is definately a different culture, and it sounds like you adsorbed it, along with a very nice stick. I can't wait to try a WOAM, someday! Glad you enjoyed Quebec!

rob300c said:
Oooo ooo ooo....
That's like dangling a raw t-bone in front of a starving dog!
As much as I love these smokes I would have ponied up for the Siglo. What's 60 Canadian? Like 3 dollars US?
[snapback]282049[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, seriously, it's more like $2.75. :p

BTW, nice review SS! I love the "slice of life" type of reviews with a nice story behind it. Heck, I'm a sucker for a good story.

Wilkey

Good one SS, those WOAM's sure do change miracle in changing one's perspective :p

Nice personable review of a true modern classic :thumbs:

Now try and source some ISOMs to really put a spin on things :sign:

Cheers