• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

www.CheapHumidors.com

brash

Slack Jack
Hi, I would like to know if anyone has ever bought humidors from www.CheapHumidors.com . Are they reputable and have good sevice? After reading recent posts about fake humidors made from cheap woods, I am concerned. This will be my first humidor and the shipping it here is very expensive, so i dont want to be paying to ship it back for. Thanks for help.

Brash,

Haven't ordered one from them myself. But I think lots of people have. I think they have a pretty decent reputation. As a matter of fact, if you're not happy with it, I think you can send it back.

You need to check on my data though, as I said, haven't ordered myself, but this is what I've gathered from other posts I've read about them.

Are you sure you can't find something in your part of the world? Singapore is known for having good shops and collectors.

Are you sure you can't find something in your part of the world? Singapore is known for having good shops and collectors.
...stole my thunder, AVB.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be on vacation...??.... :p

Regards - B.B.S.

I ordered the Connoisseur from Dave at CheapHumidors.com. Had absolutely no problem with him or the humidor. I returned the optional glass door with no hassle.

Not exactly sure which model you were looking at, but the one I got is good. Real spanish cedar inside and good hardware. Price/quality ratio can't be beat.

Like the other guys were saying though, shipping from Florida to Asia might not be a great idea.

Goodluck,
Frank

Friday morning :thumbs:

quote name='BlindedByScience' date='Sep 26 2006, 10:00 AM' post='371285']
[Hey, aren't you supposed to be on vacation...??.... :p

Regards - B.B.S.
[/quote]

I have bought about 5 things from Dave. He is great. Do a search though cause there are a lot of posts on this subject already.

also ordered the Connoisseur amd very happy with the humi as well as the service...

but I agree- in your neck of the woods you should be able to find an awesome humi... I would think?

I have purchased a couple things (humidor included) from them. Great service and good products. I would have no problem sending my friends there.

I ordered the San Marco from them and have been very happy with it.

Mag

The stores here only have eli blues and siglo. Eli blues are way to expensive. As for siglos there are made by Pacific cigars ( asia distributor of habanos). A 200 count humi costs about USD 500. I found a 150 counts on for USD 80, about 110 including shipping from cheap humidors. Using a service provided by singapore mail courier.

also ordered the Connoisseur amd very happy with the humi as well as the service...

but I agree- in your neck of the woods you should be able to find an awesome humi... I would think?

Ditto - love the cabinet I get.

I thought I'd bring this old topic back, just because everyone seems to have had great service with Dave at cheaphumidors.com.

Am I expecting too much, or do I just have the worst luck in the world when it comes to service. I ordered my Connoisseur on Thursday via the website because their phones were down due to moving offices. However the message said that they were checking email and internet orders were shipping as usual. I emailed Dave with a question about my order I was getting ready to place and heard back within minutes, maybe it's coincidence or maybe I was potential business. So as I said I placed the order last Thursday and there has been no change to my order status. The website says orders ship out 24-48 hours, and even paid an extra dollar to be considered a rush order (seems like a bizarre scam just to make an extra dollar. I believe you get what you pay for so didn't expect much out of that, but WTF?) I emailed Dave yesterday afternoon and didn't hear back until business close this time, he said my order was going to ship today. So far no email with tracking info, and the website still says my order is pending.

I want my new humidor dammit! I've been living out of my ghetto ass coolidor for too long, and having to wait an extra hour is unbearable, let alone 4 days with no change to my order. Does this seem par for the course with Dave and Cheaphumidors.com, or was everyone else's experience far better?

This is the exact reason why I went through Rod. It saved me all the headaches and hassle. Plus I supported CP by buying through him. :thumbs:

If they're moving offices like you said they were, then it's possible that they're running behind on orders. I know the feeling about waiting for a new humidor, hell that's one of the reasons I built my own. :D

Great price on the Connoisseur BTW. Keep us updated as things move along and post pictures when it comes.

The CP store has been down for a few weeks while Rod has been making some improvements, but I had the impression that he only had desktops and smaller humidors anyways.

The CP store has been down for a few weeks while Rod has been making some improvements, but I had the impression that he only had desktops and smaller humidors anyways.

He can get more than just those. Trust me...The one I got from him is a 3k stick humidor. :D

Gonz, I have had nothing but excellence from Dave. He really is concerned about good customer service. He is probably really swamped/taxed due to moving...

Gonz, I have had nothing but excellence from Dave. He really is concerned about good customer service. He is probably really swamped/taxed due to moving...

That's why I'm pissed. I can't stand it when people overextend themselves and make promises that they can't keep. Don't tell me in a recorded message that internet orders will still get processed as usual and not come through. And certainly don't answer my email saying that it's going to ship when apparantly it hasn't. I would have much more respect for him and never would have posted this if he had been upfront right away and not given me an expectation that can't be fulfilled.