• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

www.CheapHumidors.com

OK, so does anyone know how to actually get a hold of a person at cheaphumidors.com? His automated phone system is worse than most credit card companies, and my order still shows no change. When I called and went through the options, it was either talk to a sales person "who is unable to check order status", or leave a message, "however any messages left regarding order status will not be returned, please hang up and use the website".

I'm beginning to get real frustrated about this.

Though it probably does nothing to eliminate your frustration, I too must say that I have had nothing but excellent service and experiences from Dave and his company. Perhaps this is just one of those exceptions to the rule of his usual service, though I don't want to seem like I'm defending it. Guess I'm just also hoping to myself that this is a one, rare unfortunate thing and that you're the unlucky one who has to deal with it, as I'd hate to think he's devolved to crappy service. It definitely hasn't been par for the course with his service before.

Once I had a number for them (a Broward Co., 954 no. if I recall) and I'll see if I can dig it up. Might be different than yours, might not. But I remember he gave me his cell phone once. I'll see if I can find it. If I do come across it, I'll pm you with it.

Well, I just spoke to Dave at cheaphumidors and he was unable/unwilling to look up my order to find out WTF is going on. I fail to understand how he's able to reply to an email about potential business within minutes, yet my emails today about my current order status have gone unanswered. And I also don't understand how he's unable to check the status of an order from his own office.

At this point I've decided to see if I can't find something similar to the Connoisseur elsewhere, then cancel my order with that disorganized, deceitful company. His recording last week said that internet orders were processing normally, yet now he tells me it could be delayed because of the move.

Wow... that sucks Andy. I too have had good dealings with Dave... I am sorry to see this happening. No idea what's up. Hope there's no hard feelings for my recommendations regarding the humi and Dave! ;)

As far as another similar humi... perhaps Rod can help. Even tho the site is not up, I would PM him and ask?

We're in the middle of moving our office at work. Files/Computers in one place, old phones still working in the old office and nobody knows the new numbers - if someone calls with a problem about a bill or a service contract/order question, it's simply impossible to pull their info out when it's down the road in a new building (different town/county/area code), they have no choice but to wait until it can be accessed later in the day. It sucks, but life happens.

I ordered a three drawer glass top that I think I got from there. No problems at all, very happy.

Just watch out if your ordering a big himidor from cheaphumidors its being shipped by fedx national LTL aka Watson motor lines, they will use a 3rd party to deliver it and then charge you another 170 to take it off there truck. What is the shipping for that you are charged for on? Watsons.

We're in the middle of moving our office at work. Files/Computers in one place, old phones still working in the old office and nobody knows the new numbers - if someone calls with a problem about a bill or a service contract/order question, it's simply impossible to pull their info out when it's down the road in a new building (different town/county/area code), they have no choice but to wait until it can be accessed later in the day. It sucks, but life happens.

I can see why Gonz would be frustrated. If the move is that stressful for cheaphumidors, there is a simple answer. DO NOT take any orders till its complete. Sure you may lose money temporarily, but isn't it better than getting serious negative feedback when common sense dictates to not take orders in the middle of a move. But what do I know.

Well, I emailed Dave again and said I was going to cancel my order and what do you know, I had a response within minutes! He said it was boxed up, but was somewhat vague on whether or not it had gone out or was waiting to be picked up today. Not bad when the website says 1-2 days and I ordered mine a week ago!

Unfortunately I didn't realize that Rod can get larger humidors, or basically anything you want! But since it sounded like my humidor from Dave was allready out the door it was too late to cancel the order and get it from Rod instead.

I like to think I'm a rational individual (quit laughing), so I can understand shit happens. It seems like the majority opinion is that folks have had good service from Dave at cheaphumidors.com, and perhaps I was just an unlucky blip in the radar, coupled with their move to new offices. I do believe that I was misled when it comes to my expectation of time for the unit to get out the door, and although it might have cost them some business it would have also saved them from my hate-filled commentary on this thread for the last few days.

For anyone reading this and contemplating buying a humidor from this outfit, please check the CP Store or PM Rod with what you are looking for before you commit to anything anywhere else. The CP store has good prices, and the profits from the store go directly into supporting this site.

Well, I emailed Dave again and said I was going to cancel my order and what do you know, I had a response within minutes! He said it was boxed up, but was somewhat vague on whether or not it had gone out or was waiting to be picked up today. Not bad when the website says 1-2 days and I ordered mine a week ago!

Unfortunately I didn't realize that Rod can get larger humidors, or basically anything you want! But since it sounded like my humidor from Dave was allready out the door it was too late to cancel the order and get it from Rod instead.

I like to think I'm a rational individual (quit laughing), so I can understand shit happens. It seems like the majority opinion is that folks have had good service from Dave at cheaphumidors.com, and perhaps I was just an unlucky blip in the radar, coupled with their move to new offices. I do believe that I was misled when it comes to my expectation of time for the unit to get out the door, and although it might have cost them some business it would have also saved them from my hate-filled commentary on this thread for the last few days.

For anyone reading this and contemplating buying a humidor from this outfit, please check the CP Store or PM Rod with what you are looking for before you commit to anything anywhere else. The CP store has good prices, and the profits from the store go directly into supporting this site.

I also read something over on Club Stogie not long ago about the same problem your having, however this is a international order which tends to be a bit murkier. Here's the link, you draw your own conclusions.
Cheaphumidors

I echo the statement "check out the CP store before you commit to anything anywhere else".

I can see why Gonz would be frustrated. If the move is that stressful for cheaphumidors, there is a simple answer. DO NOT take any orders till its complete. Sure you may lose money temporarily, but isn't it better than getting serious negative feedback when common sense dictates to not take orders in the middle of a move. But what do I know.

He has every right to be pissed off, and I just went through something even worse today, so I know how he feels. The majority of the people that responded to my rant on another forum mentioned receiving nothing but top notch service from the vendor, but that doesn't change the absolute failure with my situation, and doesn't make dealing with it any easier.

My company has service contracts, and we have to respond to service calls (there is potential for life safety issues if we don't), but taking orders with guarantees of service when it can't be reasonably carried out is definitely something to be concerned about, even for "a rational individual" like Gonz (I'm not laughing, I swear! :p ).

Gonz, I hope you have no further issues when the humi makes it to it's new home :thumbs:

I thought I'd bring this old topic back, just because everyone seems to have had great service with Dave at cheaphumidors.com.

Am I expecting too much, or do I just have the worst luck in the world when it comes to service. I ordered my Connoisseur on Thursday via the website because their phones were down due to moving offices. However the message said that they were checking email and internet orders were shipping as usual. I emailed Dave with a question about my order I was getting ready to place and heard back within minutes, maybe it's coincidence or maybe I was potential business. So as I said I placed the order last Thursday and there has been no change to my order status. The website says orders ship out 24-48 hours, and even paid an extra dollar to be considered a rush order (seems like a bizarre scam just to make an extra dollar. I believe you get what you pay for so didn't expect much out of that, but WTF?) I emailed Dave yesterday afternoon and didn't hear back until business close this time, he said my order was going to ship today. So far no email with tracking info, and the website still says my order is pending.

I want my new humidor dammit! I've been living out of my ghetto ass coolidor for too long, and having to wait an extra hour is unbearable, let alone 4 days with no change to my order. Does this seem par for the course with Dave and Cheaphumidors.com, or was everyone else's experience far better?

Gonz,

Even though your new humidor is not there yet, let me be the first to congratulate you!! Enjoy, and may it be the first of many!!! :)

Gonz -

Hope this works out for you. FYI, as I indicated previously re Dave's cell #, I did check everything I could find (from what I still had with my dealings with cheaphumidors) and I could not find it. If I had, I would have posted it. I must have just trashed it at some point. Sorry.

Anyway, just going on past dealings with them/him, I'm sure it will be to you soon. Sucks that you had to go through this though.

Ordered a humidor and hadn't received it in 7 days? That's a crime man. I don't want to bear more bad news, but I hope you paid for air freight, since ground shipping can take 7-10 days, once the item is shipped.

Maybe you shouldn't have started bitching about it immediately after you ordered it, you'd have been less tense.

So you order this Thursday afternoon. Then you contact the seller on the 29th, which as I read it is two business days after you order it (Friday the 26th is one, Monday the 29th is two, and I can tell from your posts here how calm and reasonable you must have been with the seller) He says your order is shipping on the 30th, and it is on the 30th you start your public outcry, and by the 1st, you're wondering where the hell the product is.

The instant gratification generation. You should have had to wait for a Captain Midnight decoder ring from Battle Creek. Then you'd know true anguish.

One last: asserting that items usually ship within 24-48 hours is a guarantee of what? It is a guarantee that not all items ship within 24-48 hours.

Ordered a humidor and hadn't received it in 7 days? That's a crime man. I don't want to bear more bad news, but I hope you paid for air freight, since ground shipping can take 7-10 days, once the item is shipped.

Maybe you shouldn't have started bitching about it immediately after you ordered it, you'd have been less tense.

So you order this Thursday afternoon. Then you contact the seller on the 29th, which as I read it is two business days after you order it (Friday the 26th is one, Monday the 29th is two, and I can tell from your posts here how calm and reasonable you must have been with the seller) He says your order is shipping on the 30th, and it is on the 30th you start your public outcry, and by the 1st, you're wondering where the hell the product is.

The instant gratification generation. You should have had to wait for a Captain Midnight decoder ring from Battle Creek. Then you'd know true anguish.

One last: asserting that items usually ship within 24-48 hours is a guarantee of what? It is a guarantee that not all items ship within 24-48 hours.

Who the fuck are you? I don't even know where to start with this.

OK asshole, let's have a look at what you wrote and how your reading comprehension skills are lacking. I ordered my humidor, paid extra for rush processing, and on the third business day after I placed my order it still had not shipped. So have a look at a calendar with me while we count the days. My order was placed on the 25th. 24 hours later on the 26th nothing happened. 48 (business) hours later on the 29th still nothing had happened. So after more than 72 hours after my order was placed still nothing, and I posted here about it. And on the 30th I attempted to contact the seller, not the 29th as you lied about. He never said my order was shipping on the 30th, I'm not even sure where you got that lie from. On the 31st I finally got a hold of Dave who was uncooperative about looking up my order info. He didn't return my emails until I said I was cancelling my order.

So can you show me where I was saying that I expected my product at my doorstep on the 1st?

fna, you are unbelievable. I don't know what the hell your problem is, but you had better pack your bags and move on. Your attitude and argumentative nature are not welcome here.

Yea no shit, who the fuck are you. Pipe down and move on... That was uncalled for.

Come on guys, he can get all his smokes under MSRP, don't scare him off!!! He could help us out!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm a noob and all, but I think he qualifies as an asshat in the biggest way.

Gonz, sorry to hear about your situation.

Hey Gonz...Just wanted to know if you received the humidor or not. Just an update is all I am asking for. Curious to see if Cheap Humidors came through or not.

I did finally receive it. I'm a little dissapointed in the quality, there are a couple scratches on the top and the coating/tape that makes the trim look like real wood is peeling on the front. But I shouldn't expect perfect craftmanship from a place called "cheap" humidors to begin with. I suppose I got what I paid for. If I were to go back and do it again I'd just order from Bob or some other custom humidor maker, and spend the extra money for something that's perfect.