• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

www.CheapHumidors.com

I did finally receive it. I'm a little dissapointed in the quality, there are a couple scratches on the top and the coating/tape that makes the trim look like real wood is peeling on the front. But I shouldn't expect perfect craftmanship from a place called "cheap" humidors to begin with. I suppose I got what I paid for. If I were to go back and do it again I'd just order from Bob or some other custom humidor maker, and spend the extra money for something that's perfect.

Was this advertised as a blemished model? If not I'd be up their ass even more after all the hassle. I've seen one or two of these and although they are not high quality pieces of custom furniture, they look pretty nice as long as you aren't looking super closely. There is no reason that there should be scratches or peeling trim tape.

In my opinion, if it has those problems, you did not get what you paid for. :( If they won't make it right, I'd demand a refund...

Just my opinion.

Please post a few pictures of the humidor. I'd really like to see the type of quality and damage.

I did finally receive it. I'm a little dissapointed in the quality, there are a couple scratches on the top and the coating/tape that makes the trim look like real wood is peeling on the front. But I shouldn't expect perfect craftmanship from a place called "cheap" humidors to begin with. I suppose I got what I paid for. If I were to go back and do it again I'd just order from Bob or some other custom humidor maker, and spend the extra money for something that's perfect.

Hey Gonz,
I'm sorry to hear you received something that wasn't really up to par with what I'd expect from Cheaphumidors.com. Like Swissy, I too had "good" service in that the item was sent my way in a timely fashion and it wasn't nicked up. However, that was it. Once they had my money, and I tried to get in contact with them about my top drawer not fully extending as I try to pull it out, I didn't receive one email or phone message back. Kinda sad, really.

I would be calling or emailing Cheaphumidors hourly to get a response as to why your unit has those blemishes. Unless you purchased a scratch and dent unit, I'd be contacting them immediately!

Good luck,
Darren

If you did not specifically order a blemished model (and it sounds like you didn't since you were taken back by the blemishes), I would send one email to cheaphumidors asking for a resolution to the matter. Then, if no prompt response, call your bank/credit-card company and dispute the charge. They will more likely than not issue a complete refund. In the interim, ship it back to him.

Sounds pretty disappointing, but you don't have to accept it.

I hope this works. With the bad light and a camera that's not super high end I was having a hard time getting some pics of the scratches and bad trim. Part of my concern/issue is that the entire lip on that trim (where it's already peeled off a little) is really brittle, and I could easily peel off the entire thing with my thumbnail if I wanted. So with normal wear and tear it will only be a week or two until it gets dinged up more and then really looks shoddy.

peelingtrim1.jpg

And for what it's worth I've emailed Dave about these issues.

Here's a quote from the website, "Plus it features solid wood construction," I guess depending on how you interpret that it could mean that the unit is made from solid wood, or it could mean that there might be a single piece of solid wood somewhere in there, but otherwise it's plywood with a veneer.

Photo seems a little blurred, but still can make out blemishes. If you didn't buy a blemished model, pack it up and send it back. No need to accept or tolerate that at all brother. Not even worth "I can live with it" if it's not what you ordered. Then email him prior to disputing the charge with your cc/bank.

Nice sticks though...they should have an equally awesome home, albeit a temporary one.

Obviously something wrong with that top shelf. ;)

I hope this works. With the bad light and a camera that's not super high end I was having a hard time getting some pics of the scratches and bad trim. Part of my concern/issue is that the entire lip on that trim (where it's already peeled off a little) is really brittle, and I could easily peel off the entire thing with my thumbnail if I wanted. So with normal wear and tear it will only be a week or two until it gets dinged up more and then really looks shoddy.

Man, that REALLY sucks! I can only imagine how disappointed you are.

I would 100% have them issue a return pick up and either get a refund or exchange.

~Mark

Just found out a really good friend ordered from them, very happy.

And for what it's worth I've emailed Dave about these issues.

Here's a quote from the website, "Plus it features solid wood construction," I guess depending on how you interpret that it could mean that the unit is made from solid wood, or it could mean that there might be a single piece of solid wood somewhere in there, but otherwise it's plywood with a veneer.

this is what solid wood is these days, unless you spend some serious money on a high end humi. Typically all wood furniture is made this way, with the exception of the tops (like table tops and dresser tops).
My business factory reps ulta-high end kitchen cabs, and the only solid core stuff is the doors and face frames, the carcus is plywood with wood veneer on it, then finish is appplied. To fix your scratches and the like, head to your local home center and get a stain pen and crayon to match the color, that is typical repair stuff for cabinets and furniture.
doesn't make your issue right, you should have a perfect product for your hard earned $$$ and that is a sweet looking collection you have Andy.

edit to add comment

I've emailed back and forth with Dave several times now, and he's offered to give me a discount or I can just box it back up and send it back. We seem to be playing that game where we're waiting for each other to name the discount right now. However he's indicated that he's now out of stock on this item, and won't have any more until late March early April.

The unit I have is fine. A little 'rub' on the top trim from shipping - other than that....all is well!

The humi and company are good by me. I'd work out a discount for damaged goods and call it even.

I've emailed back and forth with Dave several times now, and he's offered to give me a discount or I can just box it back up and send it back. We seem to be playing that game where we're waiting for each other to name the discount right now. However he's indicated that he's now out of stock on this item, and won't have any more until late March early April.

Go to the website and look what he discounts damaged items . . . then add another 15% or 20%. If there is no damaged items to compare to ask for a 50% reduction and go from there. Should should not hesitate to ask for a steep discount considering that you were purchasing a NEW and UNDAMAGED humidor. All he can do is say "no" and make a counter offer.

Good Luck!

- Jason

Sorry to hear about the damage. I hope that you enjoy it as long as you have it. The smokes, however, really look fantastic. :thumbs: