• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yanks get Teixeira !

Yanks swiped Mark Teixeira for $180 for eight years. I think once we grab Manny also, lilfe should be pretty damn good in NY :)
You left out the NO TRADE Clause. Cashman, who I normally respect, was a dumbass on this one. No way Theo would have agreed to that one.

Doc.

Top payrolls

1. Yankees $182 M
2. Red Sox $125 M

1. Yankees $208 M
2. Red Sox $123 M

1. Yankees $194 M
2. Red Sox $120 M

1. Yankees $195 M
2. Red Sox $143 M

1. Yankees $209 M
4. Red Sox $133 M

Now, I'm not advocating going out and signing everyone in the free agent market but it's there for a reason.... No guarantee on a World Series title, however, I'm sure the Red Sox would have liked to finish in 2008 the way they finished in 2004 and 2007 (When they had the second highest payroll in the MLB).... I'm just saying

:whistling:

Go Yankees!!!!

Yankee fans don't like him because they're biased. He simply whooped your asses, whether in Cleveland or Boston. Had he been in the National League all these years, Yankee fans would accept him with open arms. He's the been the best hitter, most consistent hitter, and he's a proven winner. I for one would love to see Manny in NY, whether in the BX or in Queens. I want to see all of his fans up in the Heights get all riled up and hold a homecoming party for him!!

Manny is a great baseball player but a terrible person, he doesnt even go back or contribute to where he came from, the heights should throw nothing

Who was the last good Yankee player to come up through their farm system? Bernie Williams? Of the 9 starting positions, the Yanks had the highest paid player in like 6 of them if I recall correctly. And they didn't make the playoffs. The Rays and the Phillies got to the WS with mostly young players that came up through their system. I'm a little prejudiced but that is how I think baseball should be. Grow your own players and get a free agent or two to plug the gaps. Just my opinion of course, the Yanks aren't the only team doing it.

Who was the last good Yankee player to come up through their farm system? Bernie Williams?

I fuggin hate the Yankess, but I'm gonna say that Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Posada, and Andy Pettite are all pretty solid players that came through their system.

i am a yankee fan and i do think we should be looking in house and building a powerful young team that can run another 96-2000 type run. thats why any new player the yankees aquire that isnt farm bred, i hate them for the first year until they prove themselves, so CC, MT, AJ can all go suck a bone until 2010

Good call Brent, I hadn't thought of those. They do form a very nice core that helped them win some rings.

With the signing of CC, AJ and Tex I will thoroughly enjoy watching the 19 meetings against the Sox this year. :D

Trying not to let my fandom stick out too much here... but...

What are the Sox going to do to protect Ortiz? Last year showed that without Manny in the lineup to protect him from the right side he was a completely different hitter. The Sox need some thump in that lineup because outside of Beckett and Dice your starting pitching is not going to have too many 1 run games at Fenway. For the Yank's Tex gives us a switch hitting power-hitter that can force pitchers to pitch to A-Rod which will be a lot of fun to watch, for us. :D

I read that the Sox might be planning to empty the farm for Peavy. If it's true... good luck with that...

Fish

The 2009 Yanks are going to be SICK! CC, Wang, AJ, Petite(he'll be back), and Hughes the fifth man will be the toughest rotation in the league. Jobba the 8th inning man and Mo closing it out. Thats just a ridiculous amount of quality pitchers. A-Rod is going to have a monster year now that he has Teixeira protecting him. Time to clean up the outfield. I'd take Manny in a heartbeat. All this guy does is hit. Plus it might be a replay of '77. Bronx Zoo II . This team needed energy and Cashman's making all the right moves so far. Even Girardi can win with this team. Gonna be a helluva year gents!!!!