• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You might be a Newbie

....you buy all of your smokes based on Cigar Aficianado (sp?) ratings!

....if you ask any question that has been discussed in exhaustion here in the threads more than 20 times before you asked it.

ie....
punch vs cutter
cello vs no cello
what does BTL stand for?

you don't know what or when to use :sign:

:sign:

You might be a newbie if...

you've never heard of, let alone used, the search function

Your first few days on this board you post many different questions, all with the same title.

Or, you say something stupid, a couple folks let you know you said something stupid, and now you think the whole world is out to get you.

Or, you fail here, or rip someone off, or get into it with one of the FOG's, and you think you can just go join another board and it's all over.

Or, you don't take the time to read the announcements and board rules and rules about sources.

Or, even if you read the above, you still post a topic asking if Harry Bongalola's Cuban Cigar Express is a reputable vendor and what means they use to ship to the US.

Or you flame CC for correcting your spelling.

Or you think you've been here long enough to participate in the whole Rod, Tod, Bob, Ron etc. joke.

Or, you organize a group buy so that you can get your smokes for free.

Or, you ask if a tuppordor will be big enough.

Or you ask what a bomb is and if you can get one.

Or (and this is a big one) you join the newbie sampler trade but make a big fuss because you're not sure if you're going to get ripped off.

Or you're a vendor, and you post absurd gouger prices and expect everyone to keep their mouths shut and just let the newbies (who we're making fun of) get taken advantage of.

Or you think you can end a sentence in a preposition and not get some grief over it! (see above)

You might be a newbie if - you are a newbie replying on this thread.

Oops... :sign:

Roy R. Frush said:
you cant figure out what the "M" is that everyones ISO...
[snapback]264649[/snapback]​

Are you talking about maduros?

:D

I admit to being a proud newbie since July!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You might be a newbie if you post something like that line above.

...uhm yo udecide to post a poll which has nothing to do with cigars...Oh wait... DUH!

Cheekie said:
...uhm yo udecide to post a poll which has nothing to do with cigars...Oh wait... DUH!
[snapback]264883[/snapback]​
And get flamed for it..... Bwahahahaha!!!!!

YMBAN if you flame someone's post and get your ass handed to you by any of the member's here in good standing.

YMBAN if you you say something so STUPID that it actually pisses me off(hard to do) and forces me to hand you a public b!tch slap.

Geeze, silly FNG's.

.......you complain about a contest's rules instead of just letting alone and not joining the contest.

Or is that "You might be an asshat if....." I'm not really sure, I might be confused.

tdog said:
.......you complain about a contest's rules instead of just letting alone and not joining the contest.

Or is that "You might be an asshat if....." I'm not really sure, I might be confused.
[snapback]265259[/snapback]​

VERY confused.

:sign:

hudsonvalley said:
...you ask what a BOTL is :laugh:
[snapback]265211[/snapback]​

Oh that's an easy one, Bourban Over Two Lemons :sign:

...you leave the cedar or tissue wrap on when you light the cigar.

(Yes, I realise I am a newbie here, but I've been smokin' cigars for a decent amount of time now and I've seen stupid customers do both.)

This is meant to be a light-hearted thread and not demeaning to newbies in any way. (They are so cute when they're young :) )

But Mindflux, if you have any objectivity you would see that you pulled a complete Newbie move in that other thread. Relax. You can get out of that hole. Just don't dig it any deeper. No free cigars can be had in this thread anyway. I don't read all the rules or know all the ins and outs of CP, either. I just don't blame others when I make a mistake. I try to just say, "Oops, my bad" and move on.

But feel free to cling to your own opinion. Trust me, there won't be a lot of demand for it and you can have it all to yourself.