• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite Corona Gordas

What is your favorite Corona Gordas?

• Saint Luis Rey Serie A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H. Upmann Magnum 46

• Cohiba Siglo IV

• Punch Punch

• Romeo y Julieta Exhibition No. 3

• Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 1

• Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1

• Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extra

• Punch Royal Selection No. 11

• Punch Super Selection No. 2

• Total voters
I believe you forgot the Montecristo "C" from the list.

My favorites, in order;
Punch SS2
Punch RS11
Mag 46
RyJ EX#3 (although I have bad luck with them being plugged).

Solomr2 said:

My favorites, in order;
Punch SS2
Punch RS11
Mag 46
[snapback]175264[/snapback]​

:0 :0

You're right Phil, I should have included the Monte "C" on the list. I should have remembered those as I had one gifted to me from a BOTL recently and it was pretty good :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
I figured the Mag 46 would finish first but I didn't think the Punch Punch would beat out the Sig IV :0
[snapback]174972[/snapback]​
I can't believe that either. Mag46's are great smokes but SigIV's with some age on them are absolutely wonderful

This was a hard one but I'm going to go with the Mag 46 too.

I've yet to try the SLR"A" and the Punch RS, but of the others, my top three in order are Punch Punch, Mag46 and then SigIV.

A couple of others that I enjoy, but are not on the list are the Partagas 8-9-8 varnished and the the Bolivar Corona Extra. Granted, they aren't exactly the sizes of the others, but IMHO they seem to fall in the corona gorda category better than any other category.

The Prince said:
You left out a great CG.  The Hoyo Le Hoyo du Roi.  A fabulous smoke.
[snapback]217752[/snapback]​

Yes, you're right The Prince :( I was only allowed a certain number of options when I created the poll. I think I left a few others out as well (Punch Black Prince, HdM Super Coronas and probably a few others...). I agree with you that the Le Hoyo line are great smokes. At the moment, I have half a box of '01 Des Dieux that I'm in the process of finishing off and I love them :thumbs:

Strayvector said:
I've yet to try the SLR"A" and the Punch RS, but of the others, my top three in order are Punch Punch, Mag46 and then SigIV.

A couple of others that I enjoy, but are not on the list are the Partagas 8-9-8 varnished and the the Bolivar Corona Extra.  Granted, they aren't exactly the sizes of the others, but IMHO they seem to fall in the corona gorda category better than any other category.
[snapback]217987[/snapback]​

The Partagas 8-9-8 is a "Dalias" and the Bolivar CE is a "Franciscos" which are both slightly smaller ring gauges (43 & 44) but you're right in that their dimensions are relative close to a CG.

Of those listed, I've had every one.

Classic CG for me would be the Punch SS#2. Smoking part of a cab (SAU JUN01) which is very very good. Excellent construction. Just a hint of sweetness to them. I think I'll have one tonight. Have another cabinet of the same which I can't wait to try in a couple of years.

Why these cigars are being discontinued I can't figure out.

waliguy said:
Of those listed, I've had every one.

Classic CG for me would be the Punch SS#2. Smoking part of a cab (SAU JUN01) which is very very good. Excellent construction. Just a hint of sweetness to them. I think I'll have one tonight. Have another cabinet of the same which I can't wait to try in a couple of years.

Why these cigars are being discontinued I can't figure out.
[snapback]218431[/snapback]​

I can actualy say I've smoked every single one as well BUT with at least half of them, I've only have one or two so I'm not sure that really qualifies me to judge them. You're right about the SS#2's WG, they are an EXCELLENT smoke and I'm very disappointed that they've been discontinued. While I really like the Punch Punch, I'll take a SS#2 over a Punch Punch any day :thumbs:

Agreed CC. I can't seem to find any of the 98 Punch Punch cabs anymore ( miss them)...but have found the 98 Punch coronas VERY similiar in profile.

But I'll enjoy the earthy sweet complexity of a SS#2 hands down over the PP.

BTW, the cabinets of SS#2s are still around...just probably not for long.

Yep, I see them from time to time and have been meaning to try and get my hands on one but it seems that something else catches my eye first and they keep moving down the list. I'm glad you reminded me about these because I think I'll move them up on the "get these next" list :D

SLR Serie A

Siglo IV

Mag 46

Have only smoked 1 (or none) of the others so can't judge them yet.

Here is a list of the ones I keep in stock, these are one of my favorite sizes. A couple aren't exactly CG's but they are close.

Punch SS 2

Punch Punch

Punch Royal Seleccion 11

Cohiba Siglo IV

Rafael Gonzalez CE

Bolivar CE

Upmann Super Corona

Partagas Serie D 3 EL

Juan Lopez 1

Hoyo De Monterrey Epi 1

I like the Punch Punch and Mag 46's, but the best two I have had are the SLR A and the Juan Lopez Sel. No. 1. I smoked a Juan Lopez from May 03 the other day that just blew me away....an incredible and I think under appreciated smoke.

I have had the opportunity of enjoying the smokes on your list and agree that there are some outstanding cigars here. I cast my vote for the Mag 46 owing to the fact that this is one cigar that I enjoy fresh, young, aged and all gradations in between. The Cohiba with some Humi time is a lovely smoke - but light it too soon and it can be a flat and less than pleasant experience. Same with the Punch Punch and SS#2 and others - which is why the Upmann got my vote.

have to say Punch Punch so far. a couple I haven't tried on that list, but Mag46s and then Punch SS would be next in line.

Solomr2 said:

My favorites, in order;
Punch SS2
Punch RS11
Mag 46
[snapback]175264[/snapback]​

The Montecristo "C" 2003 Limited Edition gets my vote. I would find it hard to beat!

C&R

Just smoked my first Punch SS#2 (JUL01) the other night. Have to say it was fantastic. However, right now, the nod goes to the Juan Lopez Sel. #1 from 03.

cigardawg said:
Just smoked my first Punch SS#2 (JUL01) the other night. Have to say it was fantastic. However, right now, the nod goes to the Juan Lopez Sel. #1 from 03.
[snapback]220022[/snapback]​

Unfortunately I can't edit my post. If I could, I think I might have to change my vote to the H Upmann Super Corona (OCT01). Freakin' incredible cigar. Hmmmmm, on second thought, I might just have to smoke another of all three to make sure. :D I'll let you know. :p