• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Favorite Minuto

What is your favorite Minuto?

• San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramon Allones Small Club Corona

• Bolivar Coronas Junior

• Punch Tres Petit Corona

• Oh yeah, Partagas Short

• Total voters
I just got a little package that I am sure has the intent of changing my vote. :D

Thanks Bill, I will let you know if it works :thumbs:
even if I still think the Parti is better after I smoke these, I am darn sure these will be enjoyed :p Any beverage Recommendation with these perty little sticks?

Hmmmmm, I drink Diet Coke with them sometimes. Any Port would be good too ;)

I seldom drink when I smoke cigars because 95% of my cigar smoking is done while I'm driving and I figure it's already bad enough I got a cigar in one hand :0

Oh and as we can see, I am in the MINORITY as my favorite is (SC El Principe) is running last (well Punch doesn't really count since they're prety much impossible to get and no one seems to smoke them ??? ).

I tend to not run with the crowd when it comes to cigar preferences...

Mark me down for the BCJ. Some guy named Joe M got me started on those a while back. Bastard.

Still waiting to try the SC though. I have one sitting in the humi. The boli will be tough to beat though.

As I sit her smoking a RASCC, I'm seriously considering changing my vote :p

Bottom line is between a SC El Principe, a RASCC and a CJ, ya can't go wrong.

I still say these three are head and shoulders above the Partagas Short :0

I haven't tried the rest, but I've had nothing but bad luck with partty shorts. Every one I've ever smoked has been plugged beyond belief. To the point where I had to throw it out because I was getting a headache from trying to suck so hard (yeah yeah - no bad jokes).

Interesting Jason. While I've never had that problem with Party Shorts, I just find them bland and tasteless.

But that's just me......

One of the reasons I started the LC HGBC was to try some of these sticks, as I don't have any experience with them.

Hmm. You may have just giving me an idea. :sneaky:

Sorry to say, I haven't had any of these. I'm not a big fan of sub 50 ring gauge, but am not closed to them either. I just prefer the fatter ring gauges.

I do have some Habanos in the o'l frigidor and am just waiting for an occasion to torch 'em or someone to send them to. I'm not sure I'm at the stage of appreciating them totally yet.

I've got an idea! Stay tuned.

M. Gipson

The Minuto Vitola is the current size that I am researching. For myself, it's a great size while grilling, I can usually finish the cigar and food prep at about the same time. This past weekend I was able to try a '04 SC El Principe, '04 RASCC, and a 04' Partagas Short side by side. Over the past 2 months I've tried each of these 3 smokes individually, on there own, and what I think was a Partagas Short was standing out in my memory as "the" awesome smoke!
First up was the Partagas Short, and probably the most anticipated cigar of the three. Yikes! what happened? all I was getting was a chemical taste, hot, burning and what smelled like an old dried out dime store cigar. I was ready to toss it during the first 1/4 of an inch but stuck it out to about an inch. It seemed to improve a slight bit after the 1/4 inch mark but after about an 1/2 inch smoked but was leaving a terrible taste in my mouth. I hung in for another 1/2 inch hoping it would improve but just couldn't take the taste any longer and let it die in the bucket. Sad, sad, sad ..........
Second up was the San Cristobal El Principe, mmmmmmm ....... I started this one right after the Partagas just to assure myself that a cigar still tastes good. I've had a few of these lately and they are very impressive to my palate. Wow, this cigar really did shine for me again with its fantastic full bodied taste, great aroma, nice even burn with plenty of smoke. I like this cigar.
Last up was the RASCC, which I've had great memories of since my first one at least a month ago. Again, this one was impressive but was a bit lacking now in the body when smoked after the SC. Not as full flavored but performed well with its more earthy aroma, nice draw and even burn. That is until it went out ........ Hmph ...... didn't expect that but it it did perform well as is currently my second favorite in this size.
I haven't sourced the Bolivar or the Punch as of yet but can't wait to try them up against the SC which is my current favorite Minuto.
:cool:

Isn't research fun, NCal? If you try the Punch make it an aged one. It got my lone vote just because I had one perfect one, even though I have had more of some of the other contestants. All of them great.

I'm pretty sure the Punch TPC's have been discontinued but you MAY still be able to find them.

Too bad since the Punch PC and the Punch PC del Punch (Mareva size) are by far my favorite Mareva.

A Mareva is a 42 ring like the Minuto but is 5 1/8" in length as opposed to the Minuto which is 4 3/8.

I have only had the Partagas Short, so I had to vote for that...by the way, the board just changed color again! It's blue now!
JK