• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite non-Opus Fuente

The Short Story is a hands-down favourite. I haven't smoked one I didn't like. I even had one that had what looked like an underfilled "dent" in it and it was still a perfect smoke. I imagine the other Hemingway naturals would be similar.

I'm with jnknzz...

Which Fuente is not to like?

My favs are Hemi maduros, but everything from Cuesta-Rey to
Anejo never let me down. Fuente also makes Ashton, and
they're all xlnt, too. Ashton San Cristobal is tops.

Chemyst :cool:

Of their stuff available most of the time, the Don Carlos is a pretty good line, and for a value smoke I really like the Chateau Fuente sungrowns and 858 maduros.

Don't fuggin lie you fookin' snob!! You haven't smoked any Fuente in your life besides an Opus or an Anejo!! Stop leading the guy astray!

Don't you even fuggin start talking about my cigar snobbery with your cabinet humidor pictures that show nothing but high end Fuentes.

GOF Carlito Dbl. Robusto, Don Carlos #2, Hemingway Signature, Chateau Sungrown (in order of decreasing price).

I loves me some God of Fires, but not every day. :blush:

~Boar

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :laugh: That's pretty much my list except I'd substitute the Cuban Beli for the Chateau Sungrown and the Hemi Signature has to be maduro.

Don Carlos are great cigars, especially after about 10 years or so... :love: but they are really good young too.
Cuban Belis and WOAM are also great. Pretty much everything that everyone else has already mentioned. :laugh:

Of their stuff available most of the time, the Don Carlos is a pretty good line, and for a value smoke I really like the Chateau Fuente sungrowns and 858 maduros.

Don't fuggin lie you fookin' snob!! You haven't smoked any Fuente in your life besides an Opus or an Anejo!! Stop leading the guy astray!

Don't you even fuggin start talking about my cigar snobbery with your cabinet humidor pictures that show nothing but high end Fuentes.

Do we really want to do this in public, or can it wait until the ride home sweetie? :p

Do we really want to do this in public, or can it wait until the ride home sweetie? :p

LOL, Jon...Your Avatar...Looks Like....Vanilla Ice...Mugging for the Camera....

Cool08.jpg

But Ice has smaller ears

Doesn't Fuente make the Curly Head? I don't have much love for the Curly Head. Possible blasphemy but I am not the Fuente whore I once was, I think chasing the big bucks has hurt the quality as a whole. That said they are still damn good cigars. I hit a little bingo at the gambling boat and much to my suprise, our local B&M had a partial box of Woams, so they came home with me because they take tasty to a whole new level, IMO.

I still like Fuente's cigars, I just think there are other choices that deliver excellent taste for less money.

Here I am on Youtube 40 lbs ago with a Between the Lines

The Bewtween the Lines is excellent but pricey, I found this on at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield, OH for $13 but they often cost $20 each around Louisville, KY if you can find them.

In all seriousness, it really depends what you want. My favorite Anejo is the #48. The Casa Fuente Churchill reminds me of the Anejo #48. If you are wanting a Sungrown, it comes down to the 858 SG or Rosado version and the Cuban Belicoso. I've noticed a lot of problems with the Queen B. :( The 858 maduro isn't bad.

Now if you want the cheaper stuff, give them a go. I generally do not smoke these any more. I'm a snob now. :laugh:

Then you have the Hemingway Maduros. Any will do. Depends on how much time you have. I don't care for the Hemingway natural as they are to mild for me.

As for Opus X. Do you want strong, mild or both? I think the #5 reigns for the strongest on the normal line. The Power Ranger isn't as strong IMHO. The Reserva d'Chateau is the mildest of the common line. I find a lot of the Opus X to have a Raspberry taste to them. Now if you want to take an adventure into the Opus world, you get into the HTF ones or the CFCF ones. Which is like playing Russian Roulette. You just never know what you are getting when it comes to the CFCF Coffins. One may cause you to throw in the towel as its the strongest cigar you could ever imagine smoking to them being a miss. Yes, it does happen unfortunately. At a hefty price tag, it can be a risk.

Now if you want a sweet tasting cigar, go for a Don Carlos. I personally do not care for the God of Fires.

Now you can check out the review section and find plenty written on Opus X and other Fuente products. Just remember that a review is subjective and unique to that cigar smoker. I've written a few myself on Opus X.

My favorite? The Cuban Coronas. Cheap (about $4 a pop) and damn tasty. Anything else is just icing on the cake. When I can afford WOAMs, I'll nub 'em as far as I can though.

Not the GOFs.
But agree with every other stick mentioned except Hemy maduros.
They can be hit or miss for me.

-Rob

Ashton VSG torpedo's, just can't get enough of this cigar. They smoke very well straight out of the box

Great thread. Thanks for posting. While I'm still new to the game it just feels weird to me that I haven't smoked a Fuente that I've loved... Be it Opus, Anejo, Hemingway, or God of Fire -- just haven't smoked something in the Fuente line that has made me sit up and pay attention. Thus far i have been more than satisfied with Nicaraguan and Cuban tobacco... Not so much the Dominican. Still this thread has fueled my fire to give some more AF smokes a try.

Now I know why he asked me to send him all of my empty boxes Brent. <Groans>

Great thread. Thanks for posting. While I'm still new to the game it just feels weird to me that I haven't smoked a Fuente that I've loved... Be it Opus, Anejo, Hemingway, or God of Fire -- just haven't smoked something in the Fuente line that has made me sit up and pay attention. Thus far i have been more than satisfied with Nicaraguan and Cuban tobacco... Not so much the Dominican. Still this thread has fueled my fire to give some more AF smokes a try.

G I couldn't agree more. Nic Puro, IMHO there is almost nothing better!

PJ