• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Hometown Best

Now thats what I call service!
withstupid2.gif

OK Only a couple more and this get rolling.

so far we have

SKYDIVNEKD
Allofus123
Pepe
vern
mdman
Paul S
Dam Hawaiian
IBMer

This is looking real good everyone!! :D and Dennis I thank you for the invite, I'll e-mail you soon. Paul S

Question... Does it have to be specifically from our home town, or could it be nearby? I gotta tell you, nothing - and I mean NOTHING is made is Palatine, IL.
Don't sign me up yet, I don't have anything to add!

Dave ???

As to the requirment for Hometown Products, it was mentioned that one of the reasons this pass was slow to get off the ground was that requirment. So It is optional.
You can send "whatever" from your area (If you so desire)
Like I said It's my first ever pass and I only was trying to be a bit origional.

Dave - you fill the pass.
This means I can ship it out like Monday??

OOOPS, Sorry Jeff. I really didn't mean to slight you - you have been so great to me.

We now have

SKYDIVNEKD
Allofus123
Pepe
vern
mdman
Paul S
Dam Hawaiian
IBMer
Jeff
Let me know and I will put this on the road.

Yipee !!!!!
Another Pass, Now to decide what wonderful product from portland to send. Great idea for a pass. ;)

Well Ok then, if there's room - count me in. I don't think I sent the address yet - check your messenger...

Dave :thumbs:

Hometown Best is now closed.
Getting it ready, I will post the order next.

Hbooker

Hbooker...sorry for the late post. I am going to be out of town from this Friday until the 13th. Please put me into the rotation accordingly. Thsi way I'm not holdin' up the box from someone else. :D Thanks a bunch and I hope this doesn't screw up your planning.

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

OK,
Here we go.

Confirming the starting lineup.
2 Romeo Y Julieta Tubo
1 Romeo Y Julieta Exhibition
2 CAO Anniversary Maduro Belacoso
2 CAO Extreme Maduro Corona
3 CAO Extreme Maduro Toro
1 Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva
1 AF special Selection
1 Fuente EMS robusto
1 Aristoff Maduro
1 AF CB sungrown
1 AF Cuban Corona
1 Montecristo Churchill
1 Ashton VSH Illusion
1 HDM Excalibur Prensado
1 Mayorga Robusto Maduro
1 Partagas Lusitania (ISOM)
1 Partagas Pyramides Limitda (ISOM)

The pass order has been drawn.
    MDCIGARS
    Dam#Hawaiian
    DAVEWF
    Paul S
    IBMer
    Jeff
    VERN
    Pepe
    Allofus123
    SKYDIVNEKD
    OnePyrotec
Then Home to Hbooker

Now you may notice that I can't count,  that is due to the outstanding folks who I invited personally.
OK, we started out using a "HOMETOWN THEME" it was the idea to send a little something made/grown/mfg. in your hometown as a gift, and possibly educate us all as to what was made in "your hometown" This Idea basically held a few folks back from joining so I relaxed the rule, and it is an optional inclusion. / If you can't find something made in your town, send a "bomb" to the next passer.
In otherwords to keep it fair, You do not need to send something from your hometown. But If you learned something about your own hometown and what is made there let us all know.
I will be sending out a Hometown Package to everyone in the pass within a few days. I am still collecting the items.
This is my first pass. So I may make errors - so you guys help out ok?
CPI  is in effect.

RULES: ( I used Sams pass rules - Thanks Sam)

(1) ISOM for ISOM.
(2) NO DOG ROCKETS!
(3) Put back the same amount or several MORE  than you Take out. Never less. Being generous increases the choices for your fellow passers/friends and makes everyone -
   happy!
(4) Be quick - TWO day turn arounds max...PLEASE!
    Do NOT hold the Pass over a weekend - not necessary. (5) Send the Box Pass by USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.
   Confirmation # to be posted with Puts/Takes online.
(6) IMPORTANT: EACH PASSER WILL INSURE BOX FOR $200...NO EXCEPTIONS!
   Insurance # to be posted with Puts/Takes online.
   These are OUR cigars, help protect them.
(7) Players to post their Puts/Takes, Confirmation, Insurance Number in Cigar Pass Hometown Best Pass Thread as normal.
(8) PLEASE wrap ALL singles, without cello, in Saran Wrap to provent damage to their wrapper during transit!
(9) A LOG BOOK and SHIPPING LABELS will be provided...USE THEM!
(10) The MOST important rule is to HAVE FUN.

Insurrance VA 322 076361 US
Shipping confirmation 0300 6000 0004 6308 9252

Hey there HB - I have to question the inclusion of Insurance. One of the earlier passes (I don't remember which one and am too lazy to go look for it) was lost by the post office. Luckily it was insured! Unfotunately, the post office told the shipper that unless they provided a receipt proving the value of the contents they weren't going to pay up! Since I assume everyone won't be including receipts for all the individual smokes they're including - perhaps it would be a better (and cheaper!) idea to nix the insurance.

Just my humble opinion...

Dave :lookup:

I guess the question should be is C.P.I. in effect? If it is then there's no need for postal insurance. You can't go by the list posted under CPI as I've contributed to CPI and am not listed there.

hbooker - do you have CPI insurance?

As far as the other pass that might have been lost.....I have to question how far the burden of proof to the contents would need to go. I could produce a receipt for cigars for $2 to $300
dollars if needed. I would also have to question weither the problem they had was more with the individual post office. I know most all of the people at my post office and bet I would have very little problems filing a claim if I had to......

just my 2 cents......

Like I mentioned it's my first pass, so I am following the rules that apply to CPI.
Yes It is covered. By CPI
But if you read the CPI rules it requires we ship it with both delivery confirmaton and Insurrance.
As for the $200 recipt. Hmmm? where could we come up with that- Oh wait don't a few of us have business?
So that is why I am trying to follow the rules.
Hbooker

Stickler Mode On...

I don't see anything about needing delivery conf. AND insurance in there....

Rules of C.P.I.:

All insured passes must have a complete inventory of the contents prior to being mailed
All passes at every stage will need a conf. # through whatever delivery service that is used. Preferably USPS.
This will only apply to passes started at CigarPass.com
It would be greatly appreciated if CigarTracker.com (GilV's site) was used to keep all this info
All of this information will be required to prove the authenticity of the lost pass
The insurance only applies to the box pass starter not those involved in the pass
If a good record of give and takes is kept by the pass and there are insured passers in the pass it may be voted to supply the insured people with a sympathy replacement for there losses but the pass starter is the top priority since they have the most to lose.
Refering to obligations of the insured #2 if the insured agree a possible raffle, auction or something may be done with the over run This depends on the amount of people and how they wish to deal with this. This issue will need great consideration.

Hey, I'm not trying to be a jerk - I swear, I'm just proving my original point. I just don't know how realistic the need for insurance ON TOP OF CPI is.

Just me $.03 (extra cent is for jerkiness :p )

Dave