• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yowzah! Cuban Cigar Pricing Going Up...Way Up!!

Sounds like a page right out of the oil/gas companies playbook. Need record profits again this year? Just raise those prices up a bit. Hell I haven’t heard of them losing money since Deepwater Horizon, and even then I’m not sure if they lost all that much.

Only difference with cigars is that we don’t need them to drive…or do we? Haha 😂

Here is some indication of where the prices are headed

So not too bad except for some of the ultra premium stuff

Well there goes 2 of my favorites:

“No cigar in the entire Habanos portfolio will increase more percentage-wise than the Trinidad Reyes, a 4 3/8 x 40 petit corona that will go from €9.60 per cigar to €32, a 233.3 percent increase. The Trinidad Fundadores will see the smallest increase by percentage in the brand, but it is still more than doubling from €25.90 to €61 per cigar.”

Well there goes 2 of my favorites:

“No cigar in the entire Habanos portfolio will increase more percentage-wise than the Trinidad Reyes, a 4 3/8 x 40 petit corona that will go from €9.60 per cigar to €32, a 233.3 percent increase. The Trinidad Fundadores will see the smallest increase by percentage in the brand, but it is still more than doubling from €25.90 to €61 per cigar.”
Damn Trins are my fav CC’s for sure. My fav being for sure the Robusto T but that’s discontinued. Got 2 left for a special day sometime

I guess buying and smoking more NCs could be the answer. Value wise, Habanos are still at a reasonable rate compared to NCs. You have to do the math on them and see what works for your budget.

What I see more and more of Habanos going to limited, regional and speciality cigars of existing cigars which they charge a premium already, The Romeo y Julieta Linea de Oro is just an example, jumping an astounding 197.3% in price. Talk about inflation going from 18.5 Euros to 55 is unbelievable!

I guess buying and smoking more NCs could be the answer. Value wise, Habanos are still at a reasonable rate compared to NCs. You have to do the math on them and see what works for your budget.

What I see more and more of Habanos going to limited, regional and speciality cigars of existing cigars which they charge a premium already, The Romeo y Julieta Linea de Oro is just an example, jumping an astounding 197.3% in price. Talk about inflation going from 18.5 Euros to 55 is unbelievable!
For some strange reason, I’m not upset at all about this massive price increase in Cuban Cigars.

Based on the information contained in this thread, I believe it would be financially irresponsible of me to NOT buy some of the sticks that are going to increase in cost.

If just one person will "like" this post, I am clicking "submit order".