• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Yowzah! Cuban Cigar Pricing Going Up...Way Up!!

Some of the cigar prices are still holding in Cuba. Last weekend I saw MC Doudle Edmundos and No 2's in the 12 Euro range. Dress boxes of 25 and 15 tube boxes. Also Partagas Serie P2, 10 Euros. No Siglos though. A lot of smaller Trinidads but the prices on those had doubled. John

That's nothing a box of CoRo, $1,649! Talk about price gouging:mad:
Unbelievable, Anthony...they've effectively taken people like us out of the ISOM buyers market. It's bad enough we get an occasional crappy box of CCs, now it's turned into a financial gamble as well.

Ant...are you going to the QSH this year??

Unbelievable, Anthony...they've effectively taken people like us out of the ISOM buyers market. It's bad enough we get an occasional crappy box of CCs, now it's turned into a financial gamble as well.

Ant...are you going to the QSH this year??
Yes on both counts

Some pricing in T2 this weekend:

MC No 1- 11.35 Euros
MC Edmundos-11.65 Euros
TTT Esmeralda- 16.35 Euros
TTT Coloniales-10.40 Euros

No Cohibas, mini's, Club were plenty though. Bottled water was very troublesome to find. John

Last edited:
Worst part about all of this for me is that I lost a few boxes each of Cohiba Robustos, SIGLO IV/Vs and 2 boxes of Robustos Supremos (that I scored for USD$330 a box, 10 sticks each, due to a great FX rate back in DEC 2015). This all due to a super beetle infestation during corona virus where I was away from my place, taking care of my folks, the big 80 box humidor under control of a girlfriend who was making regular visits for upkeep, but she was unable able to give the TLC (And unable to open a window on hot days). Needless to say I had some domestic sticks (read: Fake 1964 Patron Anniv Maduros) from a not too reputable dealer that hatched this infestation.

Also lost some not too expensive but difficult to replace RASS, SerieD #4 and some others, I can't even think of because I blocked this whole thing out of my mind.

Because of this I started paying top $ (or so I thought) last summer, biting the bullet, replenishing my stock. Now for the past 6-8 months it's next to impossible to find larger format higher end ISOM smokes. And now with these price increases, not only impossible to find but impossible to afford. I will NEVER pay anything close to what these prices are today (USD$100 for a Siglo IV or V? - These were USD $14-$22 just 16-18 months ago.

I was cursing myself back in August, trying to rationalize paying $600-$700 for Cohiba Cor Especiales and $800-$900 Siglo VIs, when just a year earlier they were a little more than half of those prices. Now I am kicking myself for not buying more.

This is what happens when Millennials (almost as large a group as boomers) are in their prime earning years. There is tremendous competition for the finer things such as wines, beachfront hotels in paradise and top end cigars - basically anything with extremely limited/finite supplies. Not blaming Millennials, but boomers that are/were buying these luxury items were far and few. Gen X (me) not really that big group, but Millennials will outnumber boomers in a few short years and with just a small % of them coming into markets that prior were pretty much frequented by Gen X and boomers, there will be staggering competition. It has already started.

Last edited: